2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Running out of '05 GTs?

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 04:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
They would'nt go out and have new components built would they so I was hoping that they will be using the current stuff and modify it ? oh well well have to play wait and see .
Old 3/10/05, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sales Manager (who has been at this dealership before I bought my new 2000 Taurus there) told me today that getting a GT is really iffy.....way too much demand....and that V6s are availble by the handfull.

His lot said it all: tons of V6s but no GTs save one used one in the showroom. He was even willing to make me a great deal on any of the V6s. I ordered a GT vert.....I think I'll be lucky to get it in August or September, if at all.
Old 3/10/05, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by fordtech@March 9, 2005, 3:38 PM
as far as i know that is not a factory option or a dealer option on 05 mustangs, have heard rumor of 06 mustangs having sirius satelite option though.
Heard on the radio today (they do a twice a week on air deal with the local ford dealer) that all 2006 fords will be coming with an option for sirius satelite radio... I would assume this includes the 'stang.
Old 3/15/05, 02:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Well I tell you what 05 gt's are rare in st. louis. Probably not more than 20 if that. I have only actually seen one on the road other than mine, rest of them are v6's. But I have seen about 10-15 on dealers lots during sales or preorded like mine.
Old 3/15/05, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've only seen 2 around here.
Old 3/17/05, 11:11 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by backafter20@March 5, 2005, 1:27 AM
I just ordered my '05 GT (March 1st), and the owner commented that he was surprised that the order went through. He said he expected the order banks for the '05 GT to close any day now, as GT production was limited to only 30% of total Mustangs for 2005. He said that GTs could still be ordered after that, but that they would be 2006s. Get your orders in soon? Just hearsay. That's why I put it in this section.
I am overseas in the military. I was going to order an 05, but Ford has closed out the 05 ordering due to max build out. However, I did order the 06. It is to be delivered in November.
Old 3/17/05, 11:31 AM
GT Member

I just spoke with my dealer and got the same story. Not taking any more 05 GT orders.

I just hope mine gets here

Oscar
Old 3/17/05, 04:21 PM

I have been on the phone the past two days with my military car rep(I'm in the Air Force and ordered the car when I was in Guam to be shipped to Hawaii, which is where I'll be stationed). I could have had the car shipped from the factory to the CONUS, but it makes no difference as you'll see.

I ordered my Black '05 Mustang GT with red interior on Dec 2nd 2004, the order was placed on the 7th or 9th and was suppose to be delivered April 15th 2005. Now they are saying that Ford is wa-a-a-ay behind on production and that I don't even have a build week yet, and they are offering me $750 if I'll agree to an open ended delivery date with Ford hoping for a June or July delivery. The rep is hoping to confirm the build week in 3 weeks. Talk about frustration...good luck to anyone hoping to get a GT by August if they've put in their order after Jan of this year. Is there anyway I can find out when my car's order was actually put in...I'm just curious if the rep dropped the ball somewhere and is covering their butts now.
Old 3/17/05, 04:40 PM

I had no idea how hard it was going to be for folks to get a GT, I picked mine up on 11/17/04, the dealer just had it sitting out front. Poped in took a drive and bought it, I loved the color Windvile blue/grey interior and has every option.

It was built on 9/14/04 and if I'm reading the VIN right, this hasn't been verified, its car #1071 (including V6's and GTs) I have a call into the dealership to verify if what I have heard about getting the assembly line # out of the VIN is correct anyone ever heard of that?

Cheers
Old 3/17/05, 06:55 PM

Hey guys ,search dealer web sites around your area.have car on order wich i am happily saying no thanks.Just bought a 05 GT right out of the showroom twenty minutes ago.everything i wanted eccept its tourch red.
They are around you just have to look and act fast.
Old 3/17/05, 07:21 PM

I will concur with what the dealer is telling me. The dealer says ford has told them to stop taking retail orders for the GT. I got that when I checked in with them today.
Old 3/17/05, 07:32 PM

Haaa.....I've done tons of dealer searches. Seriously, V6's are everywhere...GT's, I've seen like 1 out of every 30 dealers. Boise, ID actually had like 2 or 3 GT's, but I think they were auto's and red. Anyhow, I guess I'm going to have to wait until mine gets built. Whoever it was that said they ordered one in Jan and recieved it in Feb or March is full of it...it did not come from the factory...probably found on a lot somewhere. That's my hunch.
Old 3/18/05, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

We were discussing this when I picked mine up last night. From what the dealership understands the majority of the excess GT's on the lots are down south especially in Florida. Run some searches in those zip codes and see if you get lucky but I wouldn't count on it.

My dealership is also not taking any more GT orders and doesn't have any more allocations available until May. They said I got their one and only GT vert this model year.
Old 3/18/05, 04:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Gee I've seen about 16 come in in two days about 6-8 were GT's all but mine even a new convertible
Old 3/18/05, 06:29 PM

Drove car today for first time.what a awesome ride.everywere i went people were giving thums up,waiving,staring..........i love it.Pulls real hard....................dont like the seat belt chime that does not seem to shut off.a little gear noise in the transmission but i think thats normal.
Old 3/18/05, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

update from dealership i work at:

GM says we havent even gotten confirmations on three cars that we took deposits on. These cars are getting very very hard to find. I have three customers wanting them now and I cant get one.

Our Used Car Manager saw a GT go through auction and it had 2000 miles on it. It went for 2k over sticker. That was at an auction in either nashville or Georgia, I cant remember.

Allocation for the southeastern US was very low. I dont think we will see GT's on lots for a while as regular inventory.

On another note, we should be getting atleast three GT(40) vehicles in soon. two are sold. one to go. One went to some custom chopper place in California, dont know which one, and the other to a guy from NY. The third may be going to some pro baseball player. he called today. I think he plays for baltimore, but I could be wrong.

jr
Old 3/19/05, 06:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mikem@March 18, 2005, 7:32 PM
Drove car today for first time.what a awesome ride.everywere i went people were giving thums up,waiving,staring..........i love it.Pulls real hard....................dont like the seat belt chime that does not seem to shut off.a little gear noise in the transmission but i think thats normal.
The gear noise is normal from what I understand. Mine does it too. The seat belt chime can be turned off permanently in a process that takes only a couple minutes. There is another thread here and the instructions are in the owners manual. I did it now I get no chime and the light on stays on for only a few seconds.
Old 3/19/05, 06:41 AM

Our local dealer has 2 GT's with 5 spd on the lot. One screaming yellow, the other satin silver. Think I am going to wait for the '06 model.

Local Dealer - Bill Collins Ford - Louisville, KY
Old 3/19/05, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by jrscobra@March 18, 2005, 11:17 PM
update from dealership i work at:

GM says we havent even gotten confirmations on three cars that we took deposits on. These cars are getting very very hard to find. I have three customers wanting them now and I cant get one.

Our Used Car Manager saw a GT go through auction and it had 2000 miles on it. It went for 2k over sticker. That was at an auction in either nashville or Georgia, I cant remember.

Allocation for the southeastern US was very low. I dont think we will see GT's on lots for a while as regular inventory.

On another note, we should be getting atleast three GT(40) vehicles in soon. two are sold. one to go. One went to some custom chopper place in California, dont know which one, and the other to a guy from NY. The third may be going to some pro baseball player. he called today. I think he plays for baltimore, but I could be wrong.

jr
There are 2 GTs on the Lot here, a Lime green Auto and a Silver Manual...

Quick Reply: Running out of '05 GTs?