2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Rude Ignorant comments at show

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/05, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@August 19, 2005, 4:56 PM
I know what you mean. The last car show I was in I had someone say to me "You car doesn't belong in this show" to which I replied "last time I check the title was "All makes and models, old and new"

I've always known not to expect everyone to like it but hey, when I see a car I don't like at least I know to keep my trap shut.

Great pics from Show, Adrenalin is right, every carshow or Curise-In Igo to, I get smart remarks from old guys who drives 50's-60's cars, I tell them it is a 69 Mustang then it shows how smart they realy are. not very smart at all.
Old 8/20/05, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#1 - You got a great looking ride. Around here, they have a cruise in every week during the summer at a different town. While its not officially a show, you get folks bringing everything from hot rods on. We pull up some chairs and talk shop. There is always some good natured ribbing about this or that and you can learn alot which is the main reason to go. The only negative I have heard is that a woman told me she would not buy the car since the headrests were tilted in the wrong direction. Wouldn't let some negative fools get me down - just do your thing!
Old 8/20/05, 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Most of the car shows I go to I get comments from the older crowd in a more positive way. Usually a "Ford knew how to do it right with the retro look or finally a muscle car for your generation" and such comments like that. I did have one guy sit in my car at a recent car show because he thought it was from a dealership just trying to get some publicity for the new Mustangs lol. I had to tell him look but don't touch, never thought I'd need one of those signs on my ride.
The big annual show in Idaho is the http://www.northwestmotorfest.com/ and if it has wheels and an engine you can enter it. It's not a show for just old cars, but a celebration of all things automotive.
Old 8/20/05, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

sucks...there is always going to be a hater....no matter what type of show it is
Old 8/20/05, 01:14 PM
FR500 Member

Ah, the ellipsis is back, haven't seen you around in a awhile

The "car shows" I go to out here are nothing more than cruise-in's, no judging or competition going on. And I've been pleasently surprised at the reaction to our cars.

I've heard many good things from the owners of sweet old cars, much like what Sean was talking about.
Old 8/20/05, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
I'm looking forward to a big one near Richmond on 9/24. But even if I have the Mustang then, I won't be entering it. I just want to check out all the cars.

If anyone has anything nice to say, I will say, "Thank You!" If someone is rude or ugly about it, I will say, "I guess some other folks feel that way too!" They certainly will not have any impact on how I feel about the car.

Some folks are a little determined to go through life unhappy.
Old 8/20/05, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@August 20, 2005, 1:17 PM
Ah, the ellipsis is back, haven't seen you around in a awhile

Old 8/20/05, 01:35 PM
FR500 Member

That's another reason I probably don't hear any negative flak, I'm really not by my car very much during these things, I'm out drooling over all the other sweet cars
Old 8/20/05, 01:38 PM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Sadly you will always have that.....I am by no means a show guy....I am a driver, I get more pleasure out of driving than sitting next to a car for hours....but I did enter the World of Wheels in '04 and to my surprise(being a non show guy) I took a first in my class! However during the show I overheard comments which just showed the sheer stupidity and ignorance of the people passing buy...if they knew how STUPID they made themselves look when they made these comments, they would probably keep their traps shut! Here are some of the comments overheard from people walking past my '86 SVO:

-"I don't like that aftermarket double spoiler"
-"Why would someone take a 5.0 our and put in a 4 cylinder?"
-"That's one of those Cervini front ends and hood"

Then years ago when we started going in force with SVOs to the Carlisle Ford Nationals, the guys who were left with the responsibility to classify the cars had NO CLUE what they were looking at. SVO's had our own class but they kept looking at everyones cars saying "Your a modified Mustang" and then backed it up by saying things like "You added a hood, spoilers, 5 lug conversion, seats, etc". Being part of the organizing club I had to walk around and "educate" every person in charge of classing the cars.....

It's OK if you don't know something but to open your mouth and make a degrading statement is ignorant.....and if someone is charged with a job they ought to be gualified to do said job....
Old 8/20/05, 02:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@August 20, 2005, 2:28 PM
I'm looking forward to a big one near Richmond on 9/24. But even if I have the Mustang then, I won't be entering it. I just want to check out all the cars.

If anyone has anything nice to say, I will say, "Thank You!" If someone is rude or ugly about it, I will say, "I guess some other folks feel that way too!" They certainly will not have any impact on how I feel about the car.

Some folks are a little determined to go through life unhappy.

If the one on 9/24 is the Central Virginia Mustang Club show, hope to see you there. Entering, not to win anything but to socialize and checkout the rolling stock.
Old 8/20/05, 02:17 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by Stoenr+August 19, 2005, 8:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stoenr @ August 19, 2005, 8:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>where you at by the way?
[/b]

in Encinitas/La Costa, the Show was in Encinitas, SoCal North County San Diego

Originally posted by icemant180@August 19, 2005, 11:44 PM
I couldn't help but notice the price of high test on the sign. 3.07gl Outch!!
Great pics thanks for sharing.
yeah and that is one of the cheaper pumps around here.

<!--QuoteBegin-05GT-O.C.D.
@August 20, 2005, 9:46 AM
There were also a bunch of ricers there that made comments like "They didn't do anything to their cars" ... we don't need to. Wanna rice? oops, Freudian slip, I mean Wanna race?
[/quote]
great pic, when we get together with all the stangs out here, everyone stops and stares its great I remember the first time when we were in Huntington Beach and they watched us roll by with comments like "wow theres another one" for each car that rolled by they stared at each so long they didnt notice the next one until it passed them.

also those ricers dont know anything, we dont do anything "stupid" to our cars, and our mods actually are for a purpose and functional and make our cars actually fast, just cuz you cant see the mod from 100 miles aways doesnt mean there isnt a mod there. They wouldnt know a real car if it ran them over. Silly imports, rice is for food.
Old 8/20/05, 02:25 PM

dont get me wrong people I dont let them get me down in anyway I just think its wierd that anyone would be so rude at a car show, I guess they must just be upset that I spent a lot less then they did when they bought that already done classic from someone else and my car is faster and looks better and gets more attention, at least I can answer questions about my car when someone asks these people dont know anything about their cars, thats sad. so forget them I am out to have fun, and this show in Encinitas for everyones info doesnt close down the street so it is very likely that if you dont get there really early then ou can be parked next to a beat up old honda, lame huh?

I too love to drive my car more than show it off, but I like looking at other cars and so if I am going to the show to look, why not show off mine as well, I love the car and like to share with others who enjoy it as well, but driving cant be beat, thats why most of the events we (SSM and SCS, clubs) put on here involve some kind of cruise, and we always get together and cruise to the shows too, cant beat driving the car.
Old 8/20/05, 03:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Completely ignorant for someone to make an open comment like that. The world is full of oxygen thieves.

That said, pick your shows wisely. You can normally tell if it is open to all makes and years. I have been on both sides of this discussion, showing my 66 and also with the 05. If it's mostly classic stuff sometimes it's fun to go as display only with the 05. Lots of people will stop by to talk and the jerks don't feel threatened.

Just to be fair, you should realize that some people spend years and thousands of manhours to restore a classic car. In their minds, you pull up in a brand new car that you just waxed, they think you don't belong (even when the show was open to all!). But 99% of real car people keep that sort of thing to themselves and just go to have fun. You guys were treated very badly.
Old 8/20/05, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Hellcat6@August 20, 2005, 3:25 PM
Completely ignorant for someone to make an open comment like that. The world is full of oxygen thieves.

That said, pick your shows wisely. You can normally tell if it is open to all makes and years. I have been on both sides of this discussion, showing my 66 and also with the 05. If it's mostly classic stuff sometimes it's fun to go as display only with the 05. Lots of people will stop by to talk and the jerks don't feel threatened.

Just to be fair, you should realize that some people spend years and thousands of manhours to restore a classic car. In their minds, you pull up in a brand new car that you just waxed, they think you don't belong (even when the show was open to all!). But 99% of real car people keep that sort of thing to themselves and just go to have fun. You guys were treated very badly.
yes like I said I understand that and dont think that I can compete with those cars in anyway, but I wasnt there expecting a trophy I was there for fun, they shouldnt feel threatened if they have something nice. And yes it was and always is open to all cars, next month is the last one if anyone wants to go, oh and that was only a few people, for the most part people loved the car.
Old 8/20/05, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

As they should, it's a beauty! I find most of those people are usually so nice. Kind of shocking that anyone would say that crap. You should have said "Hey, let's go look at your car!" Bet they didn't even have one.