2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Ordering Process

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/07, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush Ordering Process

I've inquired with my "certified" Roush dealer, and they don't seem to know the ordering process and how X Plan applies to ordering. My logical guess would be that the X Plan price would apply to everything except the Roush components(ie: Stage 3). Any thoughts????
Old 10/4/07, 12:29 PM
V6 Member

Which stage roush are you interested in? If only stage 1, just order the body kit and save a lot of markup and insurance rates. Maybe just dress up a regular gt. I'm sure you'd end up saving a lot. If you're set on a roush, the x plan should cover a stage 1. Isn't it funny how customers go look to buy something and the salesman/dealership know less about their product than the average tms"er. When I ordered my 06 I had all the option codes and pricing codes written on my paper. Salesman didn't even know which options where available on the car.
Old 10/4/07, 01:43 PM

Mustangbrad01 - I'm looking at Stage 2 right now, so I get the suspension upgrade. The supercharger can be added later.
Old 10/4/07, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was told that Ford Motor Credit will finance up to 75% of the Roush package.
Old 10/4/07, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

I am about two months ahead of you in this process. I wanted a specifically equipped Mustang turned into a Roush by the Roush folks, as opposed to the relatively-stripper cars Roush typically starts with. I had to work with my salesman (who is the "car guy" salesman at the dealer) because the dealership had only been selling Roushes for a year, and had never done a special order Roush.

The salesman had to learn the details from the Roush rep, but so far, so good. The car was ordered 7/24, built in Flat Rock 8/31, finished at Roush 9/21, and now waiting on shipping here to Houston.

As for the price, I got x plan on the Mustang, then the Roush portion is on top of that.

A couple tidbits: if your order is submitted as x plan, it is (correctly) viewed as a "sold" car as opposed to a car being built for dealer inventory. Thus it will typically get a higher priority code, all the other factors nothwithstanding. The coolest thing is that if you order under x plan your name appears on the window sticker! I have a pdf of mine. I think that is really neat.
Old 10/5/07, 12:56 AM
Cobra Member

I am the sales manager at a Roush dealer. PM me if I can help.