2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Roof Molding... lifting up on one side

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/05, 06:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I plan to take my car in for warranty work next week, for the rear end squeaking. And I figured I should get this fixed as well..

The Roof Molding on the passenger side at the back is loose (last 4" of it). It pushes down about 1/8"-1/4" and doesn't stay, drivers side is rock solid.

What I'm wondering is how it's a attached ? What will the dealer have to do to remove/reattach/replace this?

If it's simple I would just do it myself.

Thanks all,
Old 11/8/05, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fastrack@October 28, 2005, 5:51 AM
Hi all,

I plan to take my car in for warranty work next week, for the rear end squeaking. And I figured I should get this fixed as well..

The Roof Molding on the passenger side at the back is loose (last 4" of it). It pushes down about 1/8"-1/4" and doesn't stay, drivers side is rock solid.

What I'm wondering is how it's a attached ? What will the dealer have to do to remove/reattach/replace this?

If it's simple I would just do it myself.

Thanks all,
You probably got this fixed already. I had the same problem . . .

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=33454&hl=

If it's still a problem, here's what I discovered.

It's held up by a tip on the moulding that inserts into a clip on the body. If you pull the moulding down slightly and shine a light in there you should see the tip and the hole it goes into, line them both up and then press the moulding flush to the body . . . then give it a tap at the location of the tip with the heal of your hand . . . you should hear the tip click into place and the moulding shouldn't sag there anymore.
Old 11/8/05, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally posted by The Lyin' King@November 8, 2005, 1:16 PM
You probably got this fixed already. I had the same problem . . .

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=33454&hl=

If it's still a problem, here's what I discovered.

It's held up by a tip on the moulding that inserts into a clip on the body. If you pull the moulding down slightly and shine a light in there you should see the tip and the hole it goes into, line them both up and then press the moulding flush to the body . . . then give it a tap at the location of the tip with the heal of your hand . . . you should hear the tip click into place and the moulding shouldn't sag there anymore.
Thanks for the reply, I did have that problem way back when I bought the car, hitting with the the heal of my hand. Didn't fix it. So I unclipped the moulding, and bent the clip a bit. Hasn't come loose again.

But the problem above was the actual drainage strips on the roof. The rear on the passenger side wouldn't say down. They fixed it on Thursday, it's held on by 2-sided tape
Old 11/10/05, 09:32 AM

My car's molding on the passenger side was not fastened properly either. I thought securing that would cure my rattling woes but it did't. Anyway sounds like someone at the plant was sleeping during their new mustang training.

:angry: