Ok, thanks for all the advice.

The order goes in today for

Redfire
GT Premium Convertible
bullitt 17in wheels
shaker 500
security, soft boot, side bags, spoiler delete

AND

A lot of Zanios - looks like I'll be hitting it with 4-5 coats as soon as she rolls off the truck (and after working it over with the clay)
Old 8/3/05 | 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Great choice! Of course, I am biased.
Old 8/3/05 | 10:19 PM
V6 Member

Awesome, another Redfire... good choice! Congrats on the order. Enjoy the wait.
Old 8/3/05 | 10:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't know if still available, but last week a dealership in Quincy Mass, had the 'Vert you arelooking for...RedFire GT, red/blk combo interior, blk roof, loaded... Give a call and it still may be on their showroom floor. They had a matching coupe as well. 617-770-0070 ask for Aaron (GM) ot Tom Quirk (Owner).
Old 8/8/05 | 01:49 PM
V6 Member

Any pictures of the two together, I am still up in the air between the two... Swingle is the one selling me on the redfire but i still like the torch red combo... I have only seen gray and black in person...
Old 8/8/05 | 03:07 PM

Gee, Delz, thanks for the info - I really appreciate the heads up. Unfortunately I already have my order in with a dealer who is taking care of me so I don't want to cancel on him.

Everytime I see a TR in the right light I regret my decision, but I know that every time I see it in the wrong light once I owned it I'd regret it more. Sort of like marrying an 8 with a really bad temper vs. a 6 with a great personality. Just got to stock up on the Zanios.

You know, I had a detailing shop when I was in HS (yes, an actual shop - it was the 80's everyone was clamouring to pay you $80 to wash and wax their car) so I have a built in skepticism about, and a good deal of experience with, car care products - though It's been a few years since I've had a reason to give a darn. While normally the sales talk on the Zanios site would have me walking in the other direction, I have to admit that his 2 part application rings very true to me. The problem with expecting a truly hard finish from anything that comes premixed is that that only real possible chemical reaction is between the coating and the air - not a lot of potential there. With the two part solution I am willing to believe that Zanio has actually come up with something that does something other then sit there after you apply it. Combine that with the apparent gloss from the posted pictures makes me willing to try it out. Hopefully RF with a few good coats of Zanios will make me happy. If not, it's just another good excuse to trade for a cobra conv. in a couple of years.
Old 8/8/05 | 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wtf is Zaino and how does it change the color of the car?! Is the color change permenant?

As for colors, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I would never get anything but metallic colors. Just personal preference, everyone has theirs...
Old 8/8/05 | 03:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by clockworks@August 8, 2005, 3:33 PM
Wtf is Zaino and how does it change the color of the car?! Is the color change permenant?

As for colors, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I would never get anything but metallic colors. Just personal preference, everyone has theirs...

Zaino doesn't change the color of the car. It gives the car a more glossy, almost "mirror-like" appearance, whick greatly enhances the look of the car IMO, especially on non-metallic colors like Torch Red.

I agree with you though... I do prefer metallic colors. Unfortunately for me, the metallic colors that were available with ICAP didn't really appeal to me.

I LOVE my Torch Red though!
Old 8/9/05 | 09:53 AM

I have an idea. MAYBE. . just maybe . . . Ford will listen to us. I agree with comments like "neither reds do 'it' for me" and "now if Ford only would use the reds from the first Mustangs!". Why don't we all go the the Blue Oval Forums and email the Ford Execs. Tell them we want to see some original introdution colors from the 60's. IMO, they really messed up on the colors. NONE of them are "right". Some get close, but fail because they are not "pure" colors . . IE Redire has pink and looks raspberry and Torch Red looks like an orange-red plastic model's paint. I SO wanted to order a red car, but a REAL red is not offered. Let's all let Forn know how we feel. Maybe next model they will consider us. . .the buying public. From what I see in the American auto industry, they NEED to start listening to us, or we will not have any Mustangs (or other American cars) to consider.
Old 8/9/05 | 01:25 PM

I think that's a good suggestion, though I am fairly certain that the decision to offer these reds was a concisious one. I am normally a very cautious buyer, but after having this stang for just a couple of years I could certainly see myself trading it on a new one with a "real" red paint job - I am willing to bet that they are counting on the new car to sell itself, and new paint in a couple of years to sell it again. It makes sense, and allows them to keep the stangs on the street looking fresh from year to year.

Re. the Zanios - no, it doesn't change the color, what it does is put an optically active clear coat over the existing color that can do wonders for the color you actually perceive in various light situations - heck any wax will do that, this stuff just sounds like it will do it better.