2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Redfire or Torch Red? Pros and cons???

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/06, 09:16 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hk2006
when I was buying mine, I was in a dealership where they had almost all colors in stock (all auto), I was staring them about 40 min, trying to decide which color I want.....a salesman approached and asked "you look confused", I said "I am ordering one of those and can't decide for the color" he said " I wish I had your problem"....bottom line, you can't really destroy this car with color. Torch red, redfire, or any other color, no matter what you choose, any time you sit in it you are going to smile and feel the luckiest man on earth
So, basically you're saying redfire too eh?
Old 7/14/06, 10:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

no, no, no Dan... he's definitely saying Torch!
Attached Thumbnails Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-01.jpg   Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-02.jpg   Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-03.jpg   Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-04.jpg  
Old 7/14/06, 02:06 PM
GT Member

I'll take my redfire over torch red any day. To me, the torch red just looks cheap on the new stang.

Old 7/14/06, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I went with a Torch Red GT (Canyon Red for 07? same color, different name). IMHO Redfire is better for a 500/Montego/Lincoln etc. it's more conservative and less sporty. Still looks good, just a matter of preference.

My favorite Red is the old Lazer Red, circa 1994/5/6, a red metallic that's not so dark.
Old 7/15/06, 12:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree that the torch red could be a shade deeper, but - imo - the redfire goes too far. But hey... that's why they make both, to keep everyone happy.
Old 7/15/06, 09:20 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Dan
So, basically you're saying redfire too eh?
Between torch red and redfire?......I would say both are gorgeous, you can't go wrong with any of these, but redfire would be my choice.....
Old 7/31/06, 09:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can go Redfire and still have stripes, as long as they are metallic. It really shows it stuff when any sunlight tries to get to it.
Old 8/1/06, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Definitely Redfire, it is absolutely beautiful in the sun. Course I may be a little biased too
Old 8/1/06, 11:57 AM
GT Member

Personally I'd take Redfire over Torch Red if it were my car. Though I think Torch Red is a great color, it's just not the one for me.

As always, your mileage may vary...
Old 8/2/06, 12:05 AM

Torch Red over here.

scout
Old 8/2/06, 05:23 AM

I have gotten so many compliments on my redfire on how gorgeous the colour is.................I love it!!!!!!!!!
Old 8/2/06, 08:29 AM

I like the Redfire better, just a deeper, richer looking paint. It does seem more sensitive to being well polished up, but that ain't gonna be no problem, right ;-).

I think one consideration with most reds, and certainly Ford's red paints, is that they seem more suseptible to UV fading. Apparantly, talking to an experienced auto painter a while back, it is difficult and expensive to make good, stable, UV fade resistant red pigments. Thus, many volume manufacturers, in trying to cut corners and pinch pennies, use cheaper, less resistant pigments that look fine for a few years -- off the showroom floor and while in warranty -- but then really start deteriorating soon after that, regardless of assiduous washing, polishing and waxing. Of course, keeping it in a garage, away from UV light, will help.

Makes some sense as one has to figure, to reflect the red portion of the light spectrum, it is aborbing a much larger portion of the more energetic blue-UV end of the spectrum than, say, a blue or silver car.
Old 8/2/06, 10:23 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As I can now OFFICIALLY weigh in on this one.....

Gotta go Redfire...

Old 8/2/06, 06:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

They are both great colors.... and redfire looks HAWT with flat black accents, but yeah... TORCH RED REPRESENTIN!!

Old 8/2/06, 06:37 PM

i love my redfire...
Old 8/2/06, 10:37 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rhumb
I like the Redfire better, just a deeper, richer looking paint. It does seem more sensitive to being well polished up, but that ain't gonna be no problem, right ;-).

I think one consideration with most reds, and certainly Ford's red paints, is that they seem more suseptible to UV fading. Apparantly, talking to an experienced auto painter a while back, it is difficult and expensive to make good, stable, UV fade resistant red pigments. Thus, many volume manufacturers, in trying to cut corners and pinch pennies, use cheaper, less resistant pigments that look fine for a few years -- off the showroom floor and while in warranty -- but then really start deteriorating soon after that, regardless of assiduous washing, polishing and waxing. Of course, keeping it in a garage, away from UV light, will help.

Makes some sense as one has to figure, to reflect the red portion of the light spectrum, it is aborbing a much larger portion of the more energetic blue-UV end of the spectrum than, say, a blue or silver car.
In this regard, the metallic paint (Redfire) will always fare better than the flat paint (Torch), since it has more reflective capability built in.

Also, as Rhumb said, keeping your car in a garage when parked will dramatically extend the life of the red color.
Old 8/3/06, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
In this regard, the metallic paint (Redfire) will always fare better than the flat paint (Torch), since it has more reflective capability built in.

Also, as Rhumb said, keeping your car in a garage when parked will dramatically extend the life of the red color.

Mine has only slept outside twice since I got it in January. I was out of town with it at my mom's and she doesn't have a garage.
Old 8/4/06, 08:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Redfire is the real fire!!!!!!!!

Redfire blows the torch out!!!!!!!!LOL, love my redfire with satin silver stripes. Too each his own though.
Attached Thumbnails Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-picture-031.jpg   Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-picture-022.jpg  
Old 8/4/06, 08:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Torch looks faster just sitting there...

If you want to get your picture in a magazine, go Torch. If you want to look fast sitting still, go torch. If your a woman or have feminine characteristics, go Redfire. That pretty much sums up everything. Did I mention TORCH...

Oh, just kidding. They are both nice colors but I prefer Torch and the wife likes Redfire. I just think torch will get a lot more comments than redfire...I have a friend with a redfire but people ignore it when mine is around. Also received a peoples choice award in a show with over 450 stangs. Only Torch GT there which was really suprising. There were a couple of Redfires but they just blended in.
Attached Thumbnails Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-100_0740.jpg  
Old 8/4/06, 09:59 AM
GT Member

The difference between Vista Blue and Sonic blue is that Vista Blue lacks the purple accents that Sonic Blue has. If you look at a car painted in Vista Blue in the shadows or in the Sunlight all you will see is a natural blue metallic color. The Sonic Blue, has a purple tinit to it in the Shadows, and looks like a very light purple in the sunlight. Hope that helps clarify it for you AJP

Quick Reply: Redfire or Torch Red? Pros and cons???