2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Redfire or Torch Red? Pros and cons???

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/06, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by semperfi65
Please note that I'm now driving an 07 GT/CS vert - Redfire w/black and parchment interior.
Sounds nice! Do you have any interior pics? Do you have the premier trim package or the sport appearance package? we've been trying to figure out definitively what the color schemes for the two packages look like.
Old 7/1/06, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I will add my $.02, I was ready to order the Torch Red and went to the dealer to make my order. On my way through the door I passed a Redfire and it was like OMG!!! I really loved the color and the metallic just pops in the sun. I like all the Mustang colors but I have to say that between the reds the Redfire is simply beautiful.

I would listen to your wife only because I usually don't and it always gets me in trouble.

Bob
Old 7/1/06, 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I had Laser Red on my '02 which was a bit lighter than redfire, and Bright Red on my '92. Both reds are nice but I went with Torch on my '07 so it would be different than what I just got rid of, but to be honest the Torch is absolutely the definitive mustang color. Every time I look at the car, I say to myself, "That car is HOT!". Take a look:Attachment 3709
Attached Thumbnails Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-low-res7.jpg  
Old 7/1/06, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Sounds nice! Do you have any interior pics? Do you have the premier trim package or the sport appearance package? we've been trying to figure out definitively what the color schemes for the two packages look like.
2007 GT/CS Redfire w/KC interior. Interior Upgrade Package (18G) $460 option, Sport Appearance Package (18M) Not Available w/GT CAL SPECIAL (54C) - 2007 Order Guide (03/13/06), pg 8. Premier Trim Package (68B) is also NOT AVAILABLE w/GT CAL SPECIAL (54C). Bummer!!!
Attached Thumbnails Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-img_3099.jpg   Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-img_3108.jpg   Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-img_3109.jpg   Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-img_3112.jpg   Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-img_3113.jpg  

Old 7/1/06, 07:02 PM

semperfi65, I love your car! I almost ordered the same one, but I just couldn't decide on the GT/CS because I wanted to do the racing stripes over the top and the standard tape stripe on the white GT/CS only comes in black ( I wanted blue). I love your interior!

My opinion on the red is to do the redfire. I test drove a torch and I couldn't stand the way it looked with a little dirt on it. I think the performance white with vista blue stripes is my favorite, but redfire with white stripes was a close second. Guess I didin't want to be a cop magnet with the red.
Old 7/1/06, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

2007 GT/CS Redfire w/KC interior. Interior Upgrade Package (18G) $460 option, Sport Appearance Package (18M) Not Available w/GT CAL SPECIAL (54C) - 2007 Order Guide (03/13/06), pg 8. Premier Trim Package (68B) is also NOT AVAILABLE w/GT CAL SPECIAL (54C). Bummer!!!
Semperfi65, please tell me where you got the front license plate mounting bracket. Did that come with the car? A front license plate is required in
RI but my car had nothing - just a couple of dimples in the bumper that I screwed my front plate directly into. Your car looks like it has a specific front plate mounting bracket between the bumper and the plate.
Old 7/1/06, 07:33 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Redfire.IMO torch is cheap looking.
Old 7/1/06, 07:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm obviously biased... but Torch Red all the way.

I really like Redfire when the sun's shining on it, but really hate it every other time (too "maroon" for my tastes then).
Old 7/1/06, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

That is a real beauty!! Thanks for the pics I missed that you said it was a GT C/S before, I don't think they'll allow the premier trim because of the two tone interior on the C/S. She looks great!
Old 7/1/06, 09:30 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
I like blue cars for some reason, but was telling a guy a while back- of all the colors Ive seen, redfire I think I gotta pick as overall 'best looking color' mostly because of the metallic...I'm content with vista blue, but still wish it woulda been the old acapulco blue or the late atlantic blue shade...both those had the depth to them similar to redfire- in the sun at least. The cars look so darn good though, no 'bad' color exists- whatever you like, go for it.
Old 7/1/06, 09:45 PM
Number Cruncher

Originally Posted by stangster
Just remember - if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Sounds like Redfire is your road to happiness.

That's exactly why I ended up with a Black GT 'vert instead of the Redfire I really wanted.

I vote for Redfire.
Old 7/2/06, 12:04 AM
V6 Member

Both colors are incredibly ugly, I can't believe ANYONE would want them on their stang!!!... JK! JK! Before anyone and EVERYONE jumps down my throat I'm just playing around. Actually you can't go wrong with either color. Redfire was my first choice back in 05' and I still think it's an awesome color. As Thunder Road said, redfire is a very classy color. Also Torch red is very nice, nothing wrong with it. Everyone's opinion is different, as for mine, I have to give the nudge to Redfire.
Old 7/2/06, 01:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Torch Red, period.
Attached Thumbnails Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-img_1117.jpg  
Old 7/2/06, 02:13 AM

I say - Torch Red

Attachment 3746
Attached Thumbnails Redfire or Torch Red?  Pros and cons???-avatar11.jpg  
Old 7/2/06, 03:09 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Torch can be nice when the lighting is right, but for me, it's too orange.

Red is notorious for fading, and flat paints fade much faster than metallics. So that alone would lead me to Redfire.

But even so, I think the Redfire is so much classier looking. As some have said, it changes color somewhat under different lighting conditions, and can look kind of maroon or burgandy under cloudy or flourescent light.

But if you apply Zaino car polish to the Redfire, it gives it an unbelievable depth that looks incredible under any of those lighting conditions.

Redfire all the way! Consider, too, that it's also the first color Ford used when it trotted the car out for its early advertising campaigns, because Ford's ad company - whoever they are - came to the determination that Redire was the most "attractive" color to sell the new Stang. So you might want to think about that...
Old 7/2/06, 05:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
...I think the Redfire is so much classier looking. As some have said, it changes color somewhat under different lighting conditions, and can look kind of maroon or burgandy under cloudy or flourescent light.

But if you apply Zaino car polish to the Redfire, it gives it an unbelievable depth that looks incredible under any of those lighting conditions.

Redfire all the way! Consider, too, that it's also the first color Ford used when it trotted the car out for its early advertising campaigns, because Ford's ad company - whoever they are - came to the determination that Redire was the most "attractive" color to sell the new Stang. So you might want to think about that...
I agree with BC. Redfire looks amazingly deep when it is clean and polished. It does, however, look surprisingly flat and dull when it is even a little dirty. Not sure how Torch looks with a little road film on it.
Old 7/2/06, 06:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by stangster
Just remember - if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Truer words were never spoken...

Meanwhile, I thought redfire was nicer than torch, but coming out of the Acme yesterday, a Torch GT vert with tan top (in up position) pulled in as I was pulling out and I had to rethink that redfire vs torch argument.

Of course, Grabber range isn't bad either...
Old 7/2/06, 10:22 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I think redfire is just too purple to be a "red"....
Old 7/2/06, 10:43 AM
GT Member

Well I talked with my wife and she just didn't like the Torch Red with the black convertible roof. So, since I'm getting the coupe she's OK with the Torch Red.

I appreciate all the responses and as of now it's looking like Torch Red.
Old 7/2/06, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
I think redfire is just too purple to be a "red"....
Purple? Purple? I have NEVER seen my car look purple, or orange, or anything other than red. A deep, sexy, luxurious red. I HAVE seen Torch red look like an orange in certain light conditions. I had to special order my car because the dealers in the area only had Torch red verts with black tops and interiors. After getting up close and personal to the Torch red, it just looked way to bland for the new Mustang. No zing. No pop. JMHO.

Quick Reply: Redfire or Torch Red? Pros and cons???