2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Red Flagging cars. Important!

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/06, 10:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red Flagging cars. Important!

Iposted a few days back about a service advisor telling me Ford red flagged my car for too much warrenty work and if I persisted they would revoke my 3/36 on the car. Well I was shocked and pissed so I decided to call Ford Customer service. When I got to speak with someone I told him what was I was told he was genuinly shocked. He said " I have never heard of this, ever"

So he asked for my VIN and ran a report on the car, whne he came back he told me there was nothing in the system that could have caused someone to tell me that. Puts me on hold to ask his manager. Comes back and again states "My manager tapped into the actual reports your dealer gets from us and there was nothing there that could have made them think that, and she never heard of red flagging". So she called up the manager in charger of the warranty claims and eligibility. Comes back and tells me "Sir your car is fully covered for all major and minor work that needs to be done, and you are in no danger of loosing your warranty".

When I asked why I would be told that they said "someone clearly gave you bad information" then I said "So what I was told was a bunch of bull ****?" and he said "sir I can't say that all I can say is that you got bad information that has nothing to do with any Ford Policy". He then reassured me that Ford is commited to doing whatever is necessary to make me happy with my purchase.

He asked me if there was anything else and I mentioned the dash rattles, Window scratching. He then told me Ford engineers are working on the Window scratching issue as we speak and are looking into the dash rattle concerns. "thank you for choosing Ford for your driving needs" **click**

So there you have it. So I called up the dealer to give them an earfull and when I asked to spak with the guy who told me that, they said "he is no longer with us" and they assured me they would take care of my concerns. Still a great dealership just had a jerky employee.