2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Is red a bad idea for 05?

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/04, 07:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just think that the car looks too good for some mundane blended metalic hue. My favorite classic "hot rods" were always bright colors that looked like candy. I never liked the idea of a Maroon or Navy Stang, save that for a Taurus. Sonic is ok, but they should of broke out the Azure.
Old 4/10/04, 07:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kevinb120@Apr. 10th, 2004, 7:29 PM
I just think that the car looks too good for some mundane blended metalic hue. My favorite classic "hot rods" were always bright colors that looked like candy. I never liked the idea of a Maroon or Navy Stang, save that for a Taurus. Sonic is ok, but they should of broke out the Azure.
Amen, Azure Blue is the hottest Mustang (or any car) color I have seen in years. The Comp Orange is pretty sweet on the right car (Mach 1). I don't see me buying orange (unless the were a lot of black contrast), but, the azure would be something I would own readily.
Old 4/10/04, 08:42 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by Dan@Apr. 10th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Don't forget that cops are just some of the people who are paying more attention to you because of the red colour. For me, its the other 99% of the people's attention I kinda like.
Dano,

Although you might get some attention from the smokies I am sure you will get some looks from the ladies cruising on 7.
Old 4/10/04, 09:11 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxieboy+Apr. 11th, 2004, 2:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxieboy @ Apr. 11th, 2004, 2:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dan@Apr. 10th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Don't forget that cops are just some of the people who are paying more attention to you because of the red colour. For me, its the other 99% of the people's attention I kinda like.
Dano,

Although you might get some attention from the smokies I am sure you will get some looks from the ladies cruising on 7. [/b][/quote]
That's what I'm talking about steve There is nothing better than having a hot car to show off to the ladies because when you're in your 20's no one else's opinion really matters. B)

You and I might want to test this after we get the stangs B) No. 7 will never be the same.

BTW, I was passing by a Ford dealer on the way home so I took a black GT for a spin. A guy needs his fix once in a while.

You GT boys know what its like to let her loose in 2nd at 3500rpm. Lets just say my smile lasted the rest of the afternoon.
Old 4/10/04, 09:21 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by JZInternet@Apr. 11th, 2004, 12:10 AM
I don't really think red draws more attention just because there are sooo many red cars out there. I doubt you are more likely to get pulled you over because of it. If anything (in my opinion) screaming yellow stands out more (especially when it's getting dark. Its brighter and there are a ton more red cars on the road than yellow.

As far as my future 05 goes... I haven't decided either. I like torch red because it reminds me of the original mustangs the most. My Mom and dad had a 64' 1/2 and it was a bright red vert.. I love screaming yellow cause it's a little different than what most people would choose. I don't like that milky yellow they had a couple years ago. YUK! The silver looks cool with the white racing stripes too..

I love black on cars the most but from the pictures I've seen it doesn't look as good on this car to me.. Seems to me like it hides the detail and styling of the front end too much but not sure.

I'm not to hot on windveil blue, white, or legend lime.

Maybe it will be different when I see them in person.. I am going to look them over before deciding on a color. (probably yellow for me though)
I agree with a lot of what you said. I think it has more to do with the car attracting attention than the colour. However, colours like red and yellow do draw even more attention IMO. I think Yellow is the worst if you are concerned about cop's attention.

Like Kevin said, I need a loud, vibrant colour. Red fits the bill for me. I can only see myself being swayed towards black just because it is a mean colour. But like you said, I think it might hide too much detail on a car like this. You will probably loose the hood definition and a lot of the depth to the side scallop. Plus, keeping it clean is a pain.

Final judgements MUST be made in person IMO.

I was wondering, is it possible to preorder without choosing a colour?
Old 4/11/04, 02:06 AM
GT Member

My only question is how will the red hold up. Does it still fade? Or has technoligy cured the fading problem? I would like red,but with all the sun where I live,it might be pink in 5 years.
Old 4/11/04, 08:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh boy... it's really weird to see you guys talking about bad factory paint jobs and fading colors time and again... seems like the stories about lower manufacturing quality of american cars these days are somewhat true... sad to hear that In europe, we don't have that problem... manufacturers here are actually putting a lot of effort into car's paint, nowadays mostly done by external suppliers, because it's extremely difficult to have matching colors on the different parts of a car (steel panel, aluminum, plastics), but it works. Mercedes Benz has recently developed a new lacquer (nano-lackquer) with tiny particles of ceramics in it which makes the paint more resistant to scratches. I mean... we are in the 21st century, you guys have sent men to the moon, but your red cars become pink after a couple of years?
Old 4/11/04, 08:31 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by snakeeyes@Apr. 11th, 2004, 2:09 AM
My only question is how will the red hold up. Does it still fade? Or has technoligy cured the fading problem? I would like red,but with all the sun where I live,it might be pink in 5 years.
Clear coat paint shouldn't fade, but it will scratch easily.
Old 4/11/04, 09:33 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Well, the painting facility at AAI is supposed to be state of the art. I wouldn't avoid red just because of a fear of fading. Also make sure you wax her often.
Old 4/11/04, 11:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Modern paint is pretty durable. It is rare to see the faded cars of yesteryear. My brother-in-law never washes or waxes his cars and they are holding up well at 11 years.
Old 4/11/04, 12:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

My Best Friend used to work at Progressive Insurance, and did you know that Insurance on Red,and Black cars is slightly more expensive? I thought he was joking but it's true. He also told me Yellow cars have slightly lower premiums. I know this sounds Weird but it has something to do with the number of claims reported per Color Vehicle. They did extensive research to figure this out. Just thought I'd post this for your information.
Old 4/11/04, 12:40 PM
GT Member

Well you can bet I wouldnt go with a company that charges because of the color of the car!! What a bunch of crooks
Old 4/11/04, 12:40 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

That's true Tampa, some insurance companies charge more depending on the colour of your car. On the other hand, some don't.

Make sure to check your insurance before buying especially if you are in your late teens or early 20's.
Old 4/11/04, 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Mineral grey with black or even silver stripes
Old 4/11/04, 11:09 PM
V6 Member

first an foremost im sorry that you drive a honda... but welcome to the light. 2nd... i have 2 red mustangs... lol a redfire 00 V6 and 04 mach 1 torch red. ive never gotten a ticket. in 6 yrs. of driving.

personally the 05 hasnt gotten to me yet... but i do find the black as the most alluring color. also the silver with white racing stripes tickles my ***hole.
Old 4/12/04, 01:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by The_Wretched@Apr. 11th, 2004, 10:12 PM
first an foremost im sorry that you drive a honda...
Yes, I too am sorry you drive a reliable, well built Japanese automobile that will last you well over 20 years. It's a darn shame you chose to drive a car that doesn't have any acronym like "Found on road dead" or have mechanical problems more often than a woman has her period. Why would you buy a car from a company that's made cars that have been fuel-efficient from the start without sacrificing power.

Before any of you start flaming me, realize I am kidding - for the most part. I like Mustangs too, I realize the stereotypes about Ford are not all true. I just hate it how most american car fans hate Japanese cars. Time has proven they DO make better cars all around (all except Mitsubishi). Hyundai and Kia are crap, but then again they're not Japanese. I also know that the Mustang is Ford's baby, and that they are improving quality across the board and that there is no way they would let anything slip with their new flagships. But please, don't make fun of Japanese cars unless they're riced out (then they're fair game). They do a great job at what they're meant for and if people are so ignorant that they would insult the companie's as a whole for what a few idiots do, than those people are just as bad as the idiots who think an exhaust tip should be big enough to stick your head in.
Old 4/12/04, 08:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

I hate Honda

point? Who cares what another person likes/dislikes B)
Old 4/12/04, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by svtdriver@Apr. 10th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I got almost all of my tickets in white cars. Only 1 in a red car. So for me I won't be buying a white car again.
Yeah, for some reason, the car I got the most tickets in was white. Ironically, it was a white VW Rabbit diesel, about the slowest car ever made!!!! Go figure?
Old 4/12/04, 10:00 AM
GT Member

:sleep:
Old 4/12/04, 10:10 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Hehe, if I locked everything that was becoming boring, I'd have to shut down the entire 05 forum. LOL. Its been a bit slow.