2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Rear View Camera?

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/06, 06:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Legion681
Well, let me see...oh yes, here is your first reply to this thread:
"What he said... "As far as helping the guy with his rearview camera needs, I can't help him: I don't have a rearview camera, never had one, never researched one. I am sure he has the same capabilities that I have, meaning he can try to search in this forum and others for any related topic and I am sure he knows about Google or other search engines...
Where is the help in this ? Do you see any ? I don't...

But I definitely noticed one thing that I didn't like: bullies that posted those very stupid comments, yanking this guy's chain and mocking him for wanting a rearview camera.
Personally I do NOT tolerate this kind of behavior and I react accordingly. In this case morally supporting this guy and bashing those morons/bullies that mock him: sure it doesn't help him with his rearview camera needs, but it still much better than your first comment ("What he said") which is basically fried air.

If you are a smart person, and I have the feeling you are not, when you hear a "sermon", a clever idea would be to try to see if it contains good ideas/concepts (like defending someone from a bunch of a.holes, for example...) that could improve you.

Have a nice day.

PS: you can actually call yourself, your comments and the rest of your family stupid, not me, ok ? Oh what the heck, why do I waste my time with this guy, who must be clearly the pick of the litterbox...
LOL once again! I Don't really care what you tolerate... IMO, you're not too smart, hence, stupid as already documented. Sure, you can add your family to "that" as well if you'd like. Did you get that "loud and clear"? Might I suggest taking a course in English composition. It would not hurt carrying a dictionary around with you as well. It's all good though; the world needs stupid people too. How did you know that I have a cat...? LOL! Self-edited as this is a family access site.
Old 10/23/06, 12:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
LOL once again! I Don't really care what you tolerate... IMO, you're not too smart, hence, stupid as already documented. Sure, you can add your family to "that" as well if you'd like. Did you get that "loud and clear"? Might I suggest taking a course in English composition. It would not hurt carrying a dictionary around with you as well. It's all good though; the world needs stupid people too. How did you know that I have a cat...? LOL! Self-edited as this is a family access site.
First of all, English is NOT my native language (I only started to learn it in my early 20s and in any case I believe I am doing quite fine anyway).
Actually it's my third language, behind Italian and French. If you prefer, we can continue in Italian or French and I believe you will have a more satisfactory experience.
Pick one then...Oh wait, probably you can't speak anything else but English like almost all the population of this country, right ? A bit one dimensional, aren't we ?

I'd also like to point out that it's absolutely evident what kind of person you are: associating words like "stupid" to other people and their comments, making fun of my capability to express myself in your language, etc. etc.
This type of behavior for sure it's not a sign of high class and, in most cases, not a great sign of intelligence either.

As far as I am concerned, I couldn't be less bothered by the fact that you don't care what I tolerate or what I don't: your existance doesn't have any importance for me and if I may make a wild guess, it's probably the case as well for the rest of the population of this planet.
Also, what you think about me is totally irrelevant, I just hope that one day you will achieve at least 10 % of what I achieved so far in life, because at such a point you might consider yourself a success.

In the meantime, keep on "LOLling", I am sure it will get you very far in life...

Have a nice day.
Old 10/23/06, 01:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When he adds the camera, be sure to get the oil slicks and jumping jacks put in as well.

Old 10/23/06, 01:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Legion681
First of all, English is NOT my native language (I only started to learn it in my early 20s and in any case I believe I am doing quite fine anyway).
Actually it's my third language, behind Italian and French. If you prefer, we can continue in Italian or French and I believe you will have a more satisfactory experience.
Pick one then...Oh wait, probably you can't speak anything else but English like almost all the population of this country, right ? A bit one dimensional, aren't we ?

I'd also like to point out that it's absolutely evident what kind of person you are: associating words like "stupid" to other people and their comments, making fun of my capability to express myself in your language, etc. etc.
This type of behavior for sure it's not a sign of high class and, in most cases, not a great sign of intelligence either.

As far as I am concerned, I couldn't be less bothered by the fact that you don't care what I tolerate or what I don't: your existance doesn't have any importance for me and if I may make a wild guess, it's probably the case as well for the rest of the population of this planet.
Also, what you think about me is totally irrelevant, I just hope that one day you will achieve at least 10 % of what I achieved so far in life, because at such a point you might consider yourself a success.

In the meantime, keep on "LOLling", I am sure it will get you very far in life...

Have a nice day.
LOL... Dude, you got me crying... Stop it! I could go on and on and on..., but I wont. Only one innocent comment and I'm done... ready? Don't under estimate people. It's all good. Just busting chops, Peace.
Old 10/23/06, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
LOL... Dude, you got me crying... Stop it! I could go on and on and on..., but I wont. Only one innocent comment and I'm done... ready? Don't under estimate people. It's all good. Just busting chops, Peace.
Glad I could make you laugh. Where I come from we have a saying: "Il riso abbonda sulle labbra degli stolti"...go figure this one out.

Yeah, it's all good. I'll take your advice, I won't underestimate people...you might do the same though...
Old 10/23/06, 02:50 PM
GT Member

Just goes to show that some people just can't take a joke. If you can't deal with peoples opinions or with someone just joking around you really are too uptight to be on this kind of forum.

Maybe you should go hang around with the Camaro guys not too many of them have a sence of humor either.

Someone want's to put a camera in a car fine let them do it.. but you can't expect people to not have opinions on things, these boards are for sharing opinions just as you have.

So attacking someone for doing it is by far worse than someone sharing their opinion to begin with. That is why people don't come back, not for some one joking around.
Old 10/23/06, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

ok looks like we need the wambulance up in here!
Old 10/23/06, 06:16 PM
FR500 Member

Nothing wrong with a rearview camera - considering the trend toward smaller greenhouses and higher trunk/belt lines in automotive design. Not personally my cup of tea, but I would like one simply because I once nearly backed into a little kid in a parking lot with my '88 LX notch - which IMO, had great rear visibility. He must've been no more than 3 years old. And with the sound of the exhaust on this car, I doubt I could've heard him either. It was only when his mother dashed behind the car, was I made aware of the kid's presence. Yes, I always do a direct visual check before putting it in reverse and while backing out. And yes, that parent was irresponsible for not keeping a closer eye on him, but that's for the parenting forum. If it helps save your paint, so much the better.
Old 10/23/06, 11:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WB05stang
Just goes to show that some people just can't take a joke. If you can't deal with peoples opinions or with someone just joking around you really are too uptight to be on this kind of forum.

Maybe you should go hang around with the Camaro guys not too many of them have a sence of humor either.

Someone want's to put a camera in a car fine let them do it.. but you can't expect people to not have opinions on things, these boards are for sharing opinions just as you have.

So attacking someone for doing it is by far worse than someone sharing their opinion to begin with. That is why people don't come back, not for some one joking around.
If you are talking to me, I simply disagree with what you said.

When a guy comes in this forum to ask some questions because he needs help, mocking him for wanting a rear view camera in his Mustang is not an answer that in my humble opinion is acceptable under any circumstance. As a matter of fact, IMO, it's just being rude to him for no reason at all.
In my experience, people don't come back where people are rude to them...I hope that in life, for whatsoever occasion (from the most trivial to the most important), when you are in need of help people won't just laugh at you as I am sure it wouldn't be the type of answer that you'd like to hear...

Mocking somebody, especially when this person is in need of some sort of help, in my book it isn't sharing an opinion...

Finally, I'll make the decision wether I stay on these boards or I don't, but thanks for the advice, I'll take it in due consideration.
Old 10/23/06, 11:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hi5.0
Nothing wrong with a rearview camera - considering the trend toward smaller greenhouses and higher trunk/belt lines in automotive design. Not personally my cup of tea, but I would like one simply because I once nearly backed into a little kid in a parking lot with my '88 LX notch - which IMO, had great rear visibility. He must've been no more than 3 years old. And with the sound of the exhaust on this car, I doubt I could've heard him either. It was only when his mother dashed behind the car, was I made aware of the kid's presence. Yes, I always do a direct visual check before putting it in reverse and while backing out. And yes, that parent was irresponsible for not keeping a closer eye on him, but that's for the parenting forum. If it helps save your paint, so much the better.
Amen to this, I agree at 100 %.
Old 10/24/06, 06:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Old 10/24/06, 07:33 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by WB05stang

There's a difference between expressing an opinion and out-and-out ridiculing someone. The first can be done politely. The second, well, that's just being nasty, plain and simple.

You should learn the difference.
Old 10/24/06, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I fully intend to install a rear cam in my car. Not because I need it. It's just because I'm a computer/gizmo nerd and think it will be fun.

I'm not worried what others think. It's my car and I can do what I want to add to my enjoyment.

As long as you are not hurting anyone then you should do anything you like to your car. Life is too short to listen to the naysayers.

Enjoy your Mustang and enjoy your life!!

Mark
Old 10/24/06, 02:15 PM
Cobra Member

Since bumping my Team Shinoda front chin spoiler twice on those darned parking space bumps, maybe I should install a front camera so I can see how close I am to a curb/bump. :-p

-danny