2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Real Reason, I do it

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/06, 11:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am without shame. I must confess. I drive with my fogs on all the time because it is cool and I need the attention.

I made my car louder for the cool factor, put big **** stripes on it for the cool factor, I put bright Cragars on it for the cool factor. I accelerate faster than I should so it is loud for the cool factor. I keep it squeeky clean for the cool factor. I drive with the top down most of the time for the cool factor.

I flash my lights right back thinking, "Stoooopiiid, don't you know what a Mustang is" and try to bob weave my head like a Jerry Springer toothless wonder fighting for a skinny loser who just got out of the joint and is back on crack.

The car is badarse and I need to compensate for something (I'm Irish).

Look at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the quads stay on. Actually I am going to modify them so they stay on high or low beam.

I mean what do you do with your Tang just for the cool factor? Acknowledgement is the first of the 12 steps.
Old 1/19/06, 12:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think you spoke for a lot of people that own stangs. Owning a stang is the cooooolest thing ever.
Old 1/19/06, 12:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dswhalen@January 19, 2006, 12:57 AM
I am without shame. I must confess. I drive with my fogs on all the time because it is cool and I need the attention.

I made my car louder for the cool factor, put big **** stripes on it for the cool factor, I put bright Cragars on it for the cool factor. I accelerate faster than I should so it is loud for the cool factor. I keep it squeeky clean for the cool factor. I drive with the top down most of the time for the cool factor.

I flash my lights right back thinking, "Stoooopiiid, don't you know what a Mustang is" and try to bob weave my head like a Jerry Springer toothless wonder fighting for a skinny loser who just got out of the joint and is back on crack.

So the quads stay on. Actually I am going to modify them so they stay on high or low beam.

I mean what do you do with your Tang just for the cool factor? Acknowledgement is the first of the 12 steps.
Haha! I'm guilty too. I also do my best to get first position at every stop-light and then I burn rubber right up to 60 before driving normally again It's. cool
Old 1/19/06, 07:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dswhalen@January 19, 2006, 12:57 AM

me too =p
Old 1/19/06, 07:22 AM
V6 Member

<-------Guilty as well. as a romp the throttle just to hear the LMs.
Old 1/19/06, 07:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guilty I'm driving around in my shiny black coupe with red interior and a stainless dash (I like to call it stainless because it sounds cooler), and say "Listen to the engine!" to anyone with me because its cool
Old 1/19/06, 08:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I hate donkey doughnuts that run with their fog lights when it's not foggy out :angry:
Old 1/19/06, 08:13 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 2005muzzy@January 19, 2006, 2:09 AM
Owning a stang is the cooooolest thing ever.
Bono is the coolest thing ever

when he's not talking politics anyway
Old 1/19/06, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drivers-That-Drive-With-Fogs-On-Anonymous?

<--- guilty as well.
Old 1/19/06, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by redstang@January 19, 2006, 8:10 AM
I hate donkey doughnuts that run with their fog lights when it's not foggy out :angry:
Ouch!
Old 1/19/06, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by redstang@January 19, 2006, 10:10 AM
I agree. I use mine when necessary or if I'm all alone on a dark road. If there is rain, snow or yes, fog, I MIGHT use them. But driving around the crowded suburbs or city with them on is just obnoxious IMO.

And I REALLY hate those outrageously bright blue halogen headlights. Those things should be illegal!!

*rant off*
Old 1/19/06, 09:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

I now will drive with my fogs on :P
Old 1/19/06, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I always have them on, there are plenty other cars out there with lights brighter than mine and the way I drive to/from work has no streetlights for about 30 out of my 45 mile commute.
Old 1/19/06, 09:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by redstang@January 19, 2006, 11:10 AM
My Mustang GT came with DRIVING lights for just that reason. I can drive around no matter what the weather with the lights in the grill on, and not worry about fog.
Old 1/19/06, 10:02 AM
V6 Member

They were on almost 100% of the time, not hurting anyone, and they are nowhere near as bright as Xenon headlights. Plus, more than a few of the other drivers that I share the road with can use an extra reminder they are not the only ones on the road. And fogs/no headlights looks very, very good.
Old 1/19/06, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey if GM can add daytime running lights to improve visibility, then why not improve the visibility of the Mustang with the fog lights.

It makes people look at your cool car more.

Also it might have a safety benefit?
Old 1/19/06, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by firststang@January 19, 2006, 1:05 PM
They were on almost 100% of the time, not hurting anyone, and they are nowhere near as bright as Xenon headlights. Plus, more than a few of the other drivers that I share the road with can use an extra reminder they are not the only ones on the road. And fogs/no headlights looks very, very good.
There is no question that driving at dusk with the parking and fog lights on, looks cool. I do it all the time and even in the parking garage at work.
Old 1/19/06, 10:17 AM
V6 Member

Guilty here as well. I do all the same stuff so people can see me and I can say :bowdown: but I usually get a from them
Old 1/19/06, 10:25 AM
GT Member

I'm going to start driving with mine on all the time too....I want to be cool... B)

Seriously, I do love the look with the fogs & parking lights on near dusk....
Old 1/19/06, 10:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dswhalen@January 19, 2006, 12:10 PM
Hey if GM can add daytime running lights to improve visibility, then why not improve the visibility of the Mustang with the fog lights.

It makes people look at your cool car more.

Also it might have a safety benefit?
I do it sometimes around dusk because, yeah, it looks good, I bought the entire car because it looks good, and because of all the older drivers around here. Anything that makes me more visible to them is a very good thing.

Quick Reply: The Real Reason, I do it