2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Quick warm-up question.

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/07, 03:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
My friend had remote start / alarm installed in his manual Integra for under a grand - and it has an outdoor range of 1/4 mile. Sure, his key-fob is the size of a small pager, but he can remote start his car when he's parked blocks away and we're in doors. I'm guessing it might also be able to go through 8 floors of building, not sure.. let me know if you want me to look into what brand/model he has.
Thanks for the offer man, but I'm looking for a few more important mods (CAI, TUNE, Axel ratio) at the time being. The remote starter will just take precious money out of the "Stang Upgrades" jar.
Old 12/2/07, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wjones14
Hmm, mine behaves like Rebel's - the revs drop to 750 after a few seconds. It takes slightly longer if the outside temperature is really cold. But I never have to drive and shift while it's idling over 1000 rpm. Maybe yours needs an adjustment?
Lynda, we're just having our first real cold day of the season here - it's around freezing, and maybe your idle is behaving normally after all...

Mine started at about 1200 rpm, stayed there for 15 seconds or so, then lowered to 1100. I backed out of my garage and down the driveway, and when I took off it was still idling about 1100. It didn't drop to under 1000 rpm until I had driven it for a couple minutes. So, either we both need some type of maintenance or adjustment, or that's normal for cold weather. Mine runs terrific otherwise, and always has, so I'm just leaving it alone.
Old 12/2/07, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wjones14
Lynda, we're just having our first real cold day of the season here - it's around freezing, and maybe your idle is behaving normally after all...

Mine started at about 1200 rpm, stayed there for 15 seconds or so, then lowered to 1100. I backed out of my garage and down the driveway, and when I took off it was still idling about 1100. It didn't drop to under 1000 rpm until I had driven it for a couple minutes. So, either we both need some type of maintenance or adjustment, or that's normal for cold weather. Mine runs terrific otherwise, and always has, so I'm just leaving it alone.
It'll be interesting to see what happens when it gets for real cold out. It'll also be interesting to see what it's like to take off on snow/ice with the rpms over 1000!
Old 12/2/07, 07:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your gonna slide all over the place.... i cant drive mine with anything on the road.

just for the record, its about 30 degrees here in the morning and i let mine warm up for about 10 minutes, just so its semiwarm in it when i get in.
Old 12/2/07, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
your gonna slide all over the place.... i cant drive mine with anything on the road.

just for the record, its about 30 degrees here in the morning and i let mine warm up for about 10 minutes, just so its semiwarm in it when i get in.
I'm hoping the michelin x-ice tires I just got will help. Of course now that I have them, we'll not see one flake of snow here all winter!

Man I wish I could get a remote start with a manual, I'd start the car from inside and let it run until everything MELTS off. I'm getting too old for this scraping stuff off at 5 am crap!! (no garage)
Old 12/2/07, 08:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

you can put a remote start in a manual.

you just have to leave the car in neutral with the ebrake up when you park it at night. and of course the defrost on full blast. that way when she starts up shes defrosting automatically.
Old 12/2/07, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

you can put a remote start in a manual.
Really?!! Where would I get one from?

you just have to leave the car in neutral with the ebrake up when you park it at night. and of course the defrost on full blast. that way when she starts up shes defrosting automatically.
I guess the first thing would be to convince myself the brake won't freeze And then convince myself it's OK to leave it out of gear with only the brake on...

That would be cool though. It's the ONLY reason I was considering an automatic. I haven't driven an automatic in 25 years, don't know if I'd like that.
Old 12/2/07, 09:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

any remote start can be set up for a manual tranny.

its all in how you wire it up. when done properly it will not start without the ebrake on and in neutral

most electronics stores carry them, best buy, circuit city, maybe sears, and of course any specialty audio shop will.

they will install them too.
Old 12/3/07, 07:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

any remote start can be set up for a manual tranny.

its all in how you wire it up. when done properly it will not start without the ebrake on and in neutral

most electronics stores carry them, best buy, circuit city, maybe sears, and of course any specialty audio shop will.

they will install them too.
Dang, learn something new every day around here.