2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quality Hold

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 11:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody else been pulled for quality check? Anyone with any details of the process?
Old 5/5/05, 11:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Trigger641/2@May 5, 2005, 11:56 AM
Has anybody else been pulled for quality check? Anyone with any details of the process?
My car has been produced since last Thurs., but has not shipped. I have emailed my zone manager to ask for details. I will let you know.
Old 5/5/05, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

YES! It takes about a month (at least it did for me) and they thoroughly check over the car and fix any problems. Apparently my car had the rear axle whine that others here have and it was fixed before it shipped.
Old 5/5/05, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Nichole@May 5, 2005, 11:59 AM
YES! It takes about a month (at least it did for me) and they thoroughly check over the car and fix any problems. Apparently my car had the rear axle whine that others here have and it was fixed before it shipped.
Have you had any problems with it since you got it? Does it look like they found everything?
Old 5/5/05, 12:02 PM
Bullitt Member

If it took a month, I would check inside the door panels if you ever have to cross the border.
Old 5/5/05, 12:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Nichole@May 5, 2005, 12:59 PM
How do you know that they go over everything and that the axle had the whine, did you dealer give you these details? I ask because my dealer won't tell me $%#$%.
Old 5/5/05, 01:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@May 5, 2005, 1:02 PM
Have you had any problems with it since you got it? Does it look like they found everything?
The only problem I am having is the strut popping. Other than that, I'm good
Old 5/5/05, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Trigger641/2@May 5, 2005, 1:13 PM
How do you know that they go over everything and that the axle had the whine, did you dealer give you these details? I ask because my dealer won't tell me $%#$%.
I don't know for sure that they went over everything but one would assume that is the point when they check for quality. The dealer showed me the quality hold paperwork that was with the car indicating the whine and whatever they did to fix it.
Old 5/5/05, 01:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

My car was built on the 30th and still hasn't shipped out. Customer Service is giving me an ETA of 5-24. The only reason it would take that long would be if they put a hold on it, so I'm assuming that's what's going on. It would be nice to know for sure though.
Old 5/5/05, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

I just got off the phone with Customer Service. He said that ifit were on a quality hold, he would know, and it was not showing that it was. He said it was probably just a back-up in the shipping line, and it would get out as soon as it could. So, it appears that I am just an unlucky SOB that got stuck at the end of the line waiting for shipment.

Outdoorstom....you may want to call and ask specifically if yours is on a quality hold. If not, it is likey just sitting somewhere waiting to be loaded up.
Old 5/5/05, 02:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@May 5, 2005, 2:13 PM
I just got off the phone with Customer Service. He said that ifit were on a quality hold, he would know, and it was not showing that it was. He said it was probably just a back-up in the shipping line, and it would get out as soon as it could. So, it appears that I am just an unlucky SOB that got stuck at the end of the line waiting for shipment.

Outdoorstom....you may want to call and ask specifically if yours is on a quality hold. If not, it is likey just sitting somewhere waiting to be loaded up.
Thank Tim. I've called them a couple times since mine was built. The only thing they've been able to tell me is the ETA. When I question them about a shipping date, quality hold, etc. they say they don't have access to that info...only the ETA. Both of the operators have told me I'd be able to get more info from my dealer. It's very bizarre how some people seem to be able to get info, while others can't. It almost makes me believe some of the C.S. personnel give you their best "guess", but don't make it clear that it is only a guess.
Old 5/5/05, 02:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah well, they lost my car. Ok, they didn't exactly loose it, they just forgot to tell everyone where it was. I had 2 ETA weeks. Both came & NO car. Customer Service could only tell me that it was ETAed at yada, yada, yada, yada..............I got the same song & dance from my GM & the ordering manager ETAed for.........you get the picture.

My GM finally found out, after 4 phone calls & getting no where, from the regional that it was in "quality manitance storage"....iow quality hold. Like Nicole said, it took about a month. Now I am not sure if they found & fixed anything. All I know is that I still got shafted on the gas tank & Shaker 500.

Because I have had the Shaker replaced & the gas tank replaced. Only there was a hole in a hose from my gas tank & it was putting out more than gvt regulated emmissions & they had to replace it again. Then they messed up my driveshaft & had to replace that too.

But now everything is working smoothly. Except that now there have been a few time that it sounded like it didn't want to start.

So, if that's their idea of a quality hold, no thanks.But again like Nicole said. It takes about a month & customer service will not always know where it is. I called after finding out mine was in quailty storage & they still gave me ETA of........3 weeks prior.....so........

~*~Kera~*~
Old 5/5/05, 02:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@May 5, 2005, 2:40 PM
Yeah well, they lost my car. Ok, they didn't exactly loose it, they just forgot to tell everyone where it was. I had 2 ETA weeks. Both came & NO car. Customer Service could only tell me that it was ETAed at yada, yada, yada, yada..............I got the same song & dance from my GM & the ordering manager ETAed for.........you get the picture.

My GM finally found out, after 4 phone calls & getting no where, from the regional that it was in "quality manitance storage"....iow quality hold. Like Nicole said, it took about a month. Now I am not sure if they found & fixed anything. All I know is that I still got shafted on the gas tank & Shaker 500.

Because I have had the Shaker replaced & the gas tank replaced. Only there was a hole in a hose from my gas tank & it was putting out more than gvt regulated emmissions & they had to replace it again. Then they messed up my driveshaft & had to replace that too.

But now everything is working smoothly. Except that now there have been a few time that it sounded like it didn't want to start.

So, if that's their idea of a quality hold, no thanks.But again like Nicole said. It takes about a month & customer service will not always know where it is. I called after finding out mine was in quailty storage & they still gave me ETA of........3 weeks prior.....so........

~*~Kera~*~

Thanks for the input. I hope it' NOT in a quality hold! Keep happy thoughts.
Old 5/5/05, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@May 5, 2005, 3:00 PM
The good news is that the car is built and you will be getting it!
Old 5/5/05, 04:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by jwede+May 5, 2005, 4:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwede @ May 5, 2005, 4:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-outdoorstom@May 5, 2005, 3:00 PM
[/b][/quote]

Ya got that right Buddy!
Old 5/5/05, 04:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom+May 5, 2005, 4:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outdoorstom @ May 5, 2005, 4:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by jwede@May 5, 2005, 4:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-outdoorstom
@May 5, 2005, 3:00 PM

Ya got that right Buddy!
[/b][/quote]

If they would let me, I would hop on a plane to Detroit tomorrow and drive it back this weekend.
Old 5/5/05, 06:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom+May 5, 2005, 4:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outdoorstom @ May 5, 2005, 4:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim@May 5, 2005, 2:13 PM

Thank Tim. I've called them a couple times since mine was built. The only thing they've been able to tell me is the ETA. When I question them about a shipping date, quality hold, etc. they say they don't have access to that info...only the ETA. Both of the operators have told me I'd be able to get more info from my dealer. It's very bizarre how some people seem to be able to get info, while others can't. It almost makes me believe some of the C.S. personnel give you their best "guess", but don't make it clear that it is only a guess.
[/b][/quote]
Looks like I'm in the same boat you were in Kera. Car was supposedly built the week of 4/4, and has still not arrived. The best my dealer could tell me today is that they checked the arriving rail yard and the car was not there. The dealer says they have initiated a "trace" to try and find out where the car is. One thing is for sure, Ford has lost me as a future customer.
Old 5/5/05, 07:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@May 5, 2005, 3:13 PM

Which Customer Service and what is the phone # please, or are you refering to the Vehicle Order Processing Center/Robot Lady?
Old 5/5/05, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1trigger641/2+May 5, 2005, 7:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1trigger641/2 @ May 5, 2005, 7:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim@May 5, 2005, 3:13 PM

Which Customer Service and what is the phone # please, or are you refering to the Vehicle Order Processing Center/Robot Lady?
[/b][/quote]

1-800-392-3673 is Ford Customer Service