2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pulling the trigger this week.

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/06, 07:41 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulling the trigger this week.

The time has finally arrived. I'll be pulling the trigger on an 07 Gt this week. I've got the dealer to agree on an A-plan, so im going to save some dough but what are some of the other things i need to watch out for so i dont get suckered into top -load purchasing in the end. Ext-warranty? e.t.c. e.t.c
The sales person is goin to give me an invoice stating the amount ill owe after my intial deposit and it'l state that the price is on A-Plan. Since the car will be paid in full when it arrives, do sales people have more leverage to sell other products in the end?
Also, this is where i need you guys to help me out.
1)Allocation..how does this matter? what should i ask him in regards to this?
2)Priority:- From what i understand, if my priority no. is hight, the better it is, or is it the other way round?
3)Dora:- I have no idea what this means so pardon my ignorance on that one.
Basically. any thing that i can keep a track of myself after the car is ordered. How long does it usually take the car to be serialized and to gt a vin no.
Since the time is near , i have so many questions and iim certain ill get the right answers here so i can go in with guns blazing by this week.
Old 6/20/06, 08:35 AM
GT Member

Thanks for all your input guys.
Old 6/20/06, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by InertialVenom
The time has finally arrived. I'll be pulling the trigger on an 07 Gt this week. I've got the dealer to agree on an A-plan, so im going to save some dough but what are some of the other things i need to watch out for so i dont get suckered into top -load purchasing in the end. Ext-warranty? e.t.c. e.t.c
The sales person is goin to give me an invoice stating the amount ill owe after my intial deposit and it'l state that the price is on A-Plan. Since the car will be paid in full when it arrives, do sales people have more leverage to sell other products in the end?
Also, this is where i need you guys to help me out.
1)Allocation..how does this matter? what should i ask him in regards to this?
2)Priority:- From what i understand, if my priority no. is hight, the better it is, or is it the other way round?
3)Dora:- I have no idea what this means so pardon my ignorance on that one.
Basically. any thing that i can keep a track of myself after the car is ordered. How long does it usually take the car to be serialized and to gt a vin no.
Since the time is near , i have so many questions and iim certain ill get the right answers here so i can go in with guns blazing by this week.
1) Allocation probably doesn't matter right now
2) Priority - Lower is better...about the best you can expect from your dealer is a 10
3) Do you have a VOC (vehicle order confirmation)?
Old 6/20/06, 08:45 AM
GT Member

Thenakjs for the input. No i dont have one yet. I'm going in this thursday to palce the order, just wanted to knowwhat is it that i should keep an eye out for.
How long des it usually take to get a vin no or a voc for that matter?
Old 6/20/06, 04:53 PM
Cobra Member

There are some allocation issues on certain options. I know my order got delayed a week because of the manual tranny. It's no big deal to me, I'm not a clock-watcher like so many others around here- LOL! And don't forget there's a two week plant shutdown coming up in July, so if you place your order soon your wait is going to be longer than normal. Mine is supposed to be made next week, but who knows if it'll ship before the shutdown. Patience is a virtue with Mustang ordering
Old 6/20/06, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by InertialVenom
Thenakjs for the input. No i dont have one yet. I'm going in this thursday to palce the order, just wanted to knowwhat is it that i should keep an eye out for.
How long des it usually take to get a vin no or a voc for that matter?
You should get your Vehicle Order Confirmation as soon as they place the order. Make sure you ask for a copy when you order. This will have your priority code on it. Hopefully it will be a 10 since that is about the best you can expect from your dealer. Someone higher up the food chain has to authorize a lower number than this.

I placed my order on 4/03/06 and had my VIN by 4/21/06. Some may get theirs quicker than that but I would think you should have it within two or three weeks. Hope this helps.

Chip in SC
Old 6/20/06, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
There are some allocation issues on certain options. I know my order got delayed a week because of the manual tranny. It's no big deal to me, I'm not a clock-watcher like so many others around here- LOL!
That would be me!