2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pulled over...hmm well that was interesting...

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/05 | 11:04 PM
Cobra Member

Not all police officers are dorks. Many police officers drive Mustangs. Yes perhaps he could have waited for you to have arrived at your destination before he asked you about the new mustang, but at least he asked you about the mustang and not where you had alcohol etc in the mustang. If it was me I would have been smiling ear to ear that the police officer was interested in the new mustang. I talk to a lot of mustang owners both on duty and off duty regarding the new Mustang but I most admit that making a traffic stop to see the new Mustang is a bit much. By the way "idesign" just like you have names for police officers we have more interesting names for you. You would think on this forum at least we could all be civil...but hey what was I thinking!

Constable R.J. Spencer
Edmonton, Alberta
Old 1/4/05 | 12:04 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by poldrv@January 4, 2005, 12:07 AM
By the way "idesign" just like you have names for police officers we have more interesting names for you. You would think on this forum at least we could all be civil...but hey what was I thinking!

I quote "Not all cop have this problem but they are out there." I was joking when I used the term PIG, that is why it was followed with LOL (Laugh Out Loud). I was merely expressing my opinion regarding the issue, the word PIG is an overly used term to identify police officer who abuse there authority, I didn't make it up. As for being civil I did not mean to hurt any ones feelings, that includes yours. I was talking about the cop that pulled him over for no reason, and if he is here and reading this thread I apologize for referring to you as a pig. As for "we have more interesting names for you" whatever makes you happy, no worries. Especially if you are basing your comments on the term PIG. For anyone else who was offended by my usage of words I APOLOGIZE!
Old 1/4/05 | 03:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

(shrugs) I don't know... if a cop pulled me over just to check out my car and I wasn't trying to get somewhere important, I wouldn't mind. It's sorta cool to me.
Besides, it's always good to make nice with the officers of the law. Ya never know... it could be that same cop who pulls you over for "stretching the motor's legs" two weeks later.
Old 1/4/05 | 04:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+January 3, 2005, 9:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ January 3, 2005, 9:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sonicblue4u@January 3, 2005, 9:31 PM
dang thast crazy Im glad cops dont pull you over in Germany they just set up cameras take your pic if you are speeding and send you your ticket in the mail
That has never made sense to me, what if someone else is driving your car? [/b][/quote]

Maybe in Germany the owner is liable to any speeding offense a car registered on him is ticketed for?

Around here, we have a similar system but the driver needs to be identified as the same the car is registered on, otherwise the fine is void. So you can see all kinds of weird behavior from drivers when approaching a "cop in a box"...folding down sun visors despite it's dark outside, putting on masks, hiding the face in their hands, looking backwards and whatnot...
Old 1/4/05 | 05:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@January 3, 2005, 10:32 PM
At least that was a "social stop" and it turned out to be a pleasant one. I get stopped an 3 - 4 times a year just to be hassled. I've been given 2 warnings in the last four years but no tickets.
And you're complaining?
Old 1/4/05 | 07:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Jeffs05GT+January 4, 2005, 5:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jeffs05GT @ January 4, 2005, 5:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sonicblue4u@January 3, 2005, 9:31 PM
dang thast crazy Im glad cops dont pull you over in Germany they just set up cameras take your pic if you are speeding and send you your ticket in the mail
That sounds even worse. [/b][/quote]
It is worse
Old 1/4/05 | 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1+January 4, 2005, 5:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ January 4, 2005, 5:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sonicblue4u@January 3, 2005, 9:31 PM
That has never made sense to me, what if someone else is driving your car? [/b][/quote]
Doesn't matter. You are the owner, so you get the ticket. If it wasn't you driving, then you have to file a protest.

A friend of mine was recently 'caught' by a camera, 60mph too fast on the Autobahn at night (he didn't notice the 80km/h limit at night time for noise control reasons)... that means losing your driver's license for three months, a fine of about 500$ and four 'points' at the central registry. Too many points means losing your license. stinks.
Old 1/4/05 | 07:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Smile

It is becoming annoying having cops follow/pace me for whatever reason...

I have watched a cop cause an accident in the rain while doing a U-turn over a low median -same Dept. I filed a complaint w/...
Driving in Riverhead L.I., NY last week was like watching the Keystone Cops. I haven't been out there to see family for 2yrs, having to turn around a couple times only to see the look of disgust when the cop that was trying to tail me is now heading in the opposite direction...
I anxiously await the arrival of more 05+ Mustangs in all areas.

After ownig this car for 2 months and being pulled over twice -compared to 7 times over the past 12yrs... It's not lookin' too promising
Old 1/4/05 | 08:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by ipitythefools@January 3, 2005, 9:13 PM
Hey guys, had a funny thing happen to me on new years eve and finally got a chance to post about it. So I'm driving when a cop pulls behind me and follows for a bit, then desides to get in to the far right lane as I get into the left turn lane, all of a sudden he pulls behind me. At this point I'm double checkin everything I've done..okay im good no reason to stop me. We both turn and he does that get on the side of you thing they do then get behind me again and on come the cherries. darn it, what did I do? So I pull over and he walks up, so Im kinda expecting him to ask if I've been drinking or something, but no instead the question I get is "Is this the oh five?" I got pulled over just so he could check out my car! So I talked with him a bit about it then went on my way to begin the evenings festivites. It was cool and all but I wish there was a better way to talk to me about my ride then by pulling me over lol.
I've been pulled over twice. Once by a traffic cop and the other by a patrol car.
The second one said that he just wanted to see who he will be chasing next.

They both were very nice. And Im sure that if just reg. people could pull me over they would.
Old 1/4/05 | 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

First...Constable Spencer, You have my respect for doing what you do. I don't know about anyone else but making $27k USD a year and just waiting for some crack head rice driver to "see if he can outrun ya" or take a shot at you....takes dedication.

Second...I have personally had a cop pull up to me at a stoplight and ask if I had time for him to look over the car. At first it ran through my head.."why's he searching my car?". Then...Dah!....he just wanted to look at the car. Local Handy Mart was just down the road and he LOVED the car. He is restoring a early 90's NCHP mustang that he got at auction. I might have freaked a little if he had done the light thing but it turned out cool anyway. Nice guy....and like the above poster...you NEVER KNOW when you will run into or need a cop.

Jay...my .02 worth...
Old 1/4/05 | 01:23 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by future9er24@January 3, 2005, 9:23 PM
at least he didnt make up some phony (or is it ) excuse like speeding to see it up close. he just asked you. i think thats cool
I was pulled over New Year's Eve...I guess technically, New Year's Day and I figured it was to see if I'd been drinking too, so he says he pulled me over for driving with my bright lights on...I said they aren't, those are fog lights, then he tells me it's illegal to have 4 "headlights" at the same level on the front...then I said...two of those are fog lights...then he says it doesn't matter, you can't have 4 lights on the same level. He gave me a warning and told me not to use the fogs again or he'd give me a ticket...

I figure the chances of me running into the same cop again are slim so they're staying on!!!

Anyone else been given any trouble about the 4 lights up front?
Old 1/4/05 | 01:27 PM
I Have No Life

I had a cop follow me for 10 miles yesterday. I was doing the speed limit and he stayed behind a ways thinking I didn't see him. Then at a red light he was right behind me and I was on a steep incline. The light turned green and as I let off the clutch I gave it a bit too much gas and my magnapak's blarred at him "Leave me the F-- alone". He was now following me real close and then I pulled into a convenience store parking lot. He kinda gave me a dirty look as I got out of the car. I think that was because I looked right at him and put my arms up in the international sign of "What the f-- do you want?"
Old 1/4/05 | 01:28 PM
I Have No Life

Originally posted by nh5622+January 4, 2005, 2:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nh5622 @ January 4, 2005, 2:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-future9er24@January 3, 2005, 9:23 PM
at least he didnt make up some phony (or is it ) excuse like speeding to see it up close. he just asked you. i think thats cool
I was pulled over New Year's Eve...I guess technically, New Year's Day and I figured it was to see if I'd been drinking too, so he says he pulled me over for driving with my bright lights on...I said they aren't, those are fog lights, then he tells me it's illegal to have 4 "headlights" at the same level on the front...then I said...two of those are fog lights...then he says it doesn't matter, you can't have 4 lights on the same level. He gave me a warning and told me not to use the fogs again or he'd give me a ticket...

I figure the chances of me running into the same cop again are slim so they're staying on!!!

Anyone else been given any trouble about the 4 lights up front? [/b][/quote]
hahahaha.... tell him to give you a ticket and that you will see him in court. Do you know how many vehicles on the road currently have 4 head lights at the same level? Must have been a cop that forgot the law.
Old 1/4/05 | 01:47 PM
dke
Bullitt Member

I wouldn't have a problem letting a cop see the car. Though when the lights go on, everyone panics. ("What'd I do goes racing through the mind").

My Dad had the ultimate. He and a friend both had Austin Martin DB6's. They pulled out of Disneyland Hotel, and gunned it, raced up to the next corner, gunned it, then pulled into a gas station. A 1/2 a minute later a cop comes screaming into the gas station, and jumps out of his car and says (very animated), "I was pulling out of the parking lot behind you guy." and they were thinking, "we're nailed". But he says, "what the heck kind of motors do those things have?!?!" After showing him the monsters, he just got in his car and left. (No ticket).

As for Germany and tickets -- the UK is worse. They have cameras at some round-abouts, and computers that do license plate recognition. They know the distance between them. If you make it between them in too little time (and they can be 10 - 20 - 60 miles apart), they'll send you a ticket in the mail. Evil. I guess the excuse about the worm-hole doesn't hold water.
Old 1/4/05 | 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

you need this
Old 1/4/05 | 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Stangfriik@January 4, 2005, 2:51 PM
you need this
haha thanks bro
Old 1/4/05 | 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Most cops who would pull you over to look at your car because they liked it would probably be more likely to let you go if he pulled you over for a minor infraction. a lot of cops drive sporty cars and are irked more by slowpokes than speeders. I have known a few law enforcement with stangs that were tricked out just like everyone elses.
Old 1/4/05 | 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I let my stang get a lil squirelly going around a corner in front of a cop (unknown at the time) the other day, and he stomped on it coming around the corner... all I could think of was, man I'm so getting a ticket. But he didn't even flip on his lights. He actually had to slam on his brakes and veer to the side, cause I let off the accelerator thinking he was gonna pull me over. Instead he looked at me, gave me a big thumbs up, and took the next turn off the road.
Old 1/4/05 | 07:28 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@January 3, 2005, 9:32 PM
At least that was a "social stop" and it turned out to be a pleasant one. I get stopped an 3 - 4 times a year just to be hassled. I've been given 2 warnings in the last four years but no tickets.
They see your cars and pull you over. Who here who has a SE Mustang doesn't speed? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 1/4/05 | 08:49 PM
V6 Member

I had the same thing happen to me several times with my mustang and even more with my '78 Trans Am.

Quick Reply: Pulled over...hmm well that was interesting...