2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Problems with RPM outlet ?

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/07, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with RPM outlet ?

Has anyone else experienced problems dealing with the rpmoutlet.com website? I ordered $1500 worth of stuff from them in the beginning of February, and I STILL have not received it all yet. During this time, I have heard numerous BS stories that my shipment was due to go out today, tomorrow, next week, etc., with no deliveries, and NO news. They only accept questions thru their email, which when I email them, I either get no answer, or an "autoresponder" email, that says someone will get back to me. This person usually has no news. When I call, the phone picks up, then hangs up. I'm almost ready to drive to Texas with a pipe bomb in my trunk. The sad part is, that when I was ready to do some serious shopping for my Stang, this was the first website I went to, because they were pretty much 1 stop shopping, and I had ordered from them before. I can only warn anyone else who's considering doing business with them that this is what they're apparently capable of doing to paying customers; and I feel like I'm out my money, and peace of mind. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 4/12/07, 03:46 PM
Cobra Member

Scroll down the page a few posts...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=60025

You're not alone.
Old 4/12/07, 05:05 PM

Wow, I really should have checked here before ordering from them. I thought I could trust them, because I hadn't had a problem in the past. I wonder if they could be sued class-action style, because this seems to be their style of business, and a lot of people are complaining. They have ads in all the magazines, so they've got cash coming in, obviously.
Old 4/12/07, 05:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

you can still dispute the charges
Old 4/12/07, 06:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Daddypop
Wow, I really should have checked here before ordering from them. I thought I could trust them, because I hadn't had a problem in the past. I wonder if they could be sued class-action style, because this seems to be their style of business, and a lot of people are complaining. They have ads in all the magazines, so they've got cash coming in, obviously.
From the sound of it they're a simple drop shipper - i.e. no store front. They simply take orders and have their suppliers drop ship to the final retail customer. Based on the fact that they have adds in all of the magazines I'd be willing to bet they've grown too fast and can't keep up with demand. If they don't get their act together they'll get a bad rep, then they'll have plenty of time on their hands to take care of customer service.
Old 4/12/07, 06:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Plenty of bad feedback about these guys on several forums. Always a good idea to ask about a vendor if you aren't sure.
Old 4/12/07, 06:52 PM
Cobra R Member

I just realized that I purchased my predator for my 2000 from them, quite a few years ago.

I thought they were fine. They gave it to me at an EXCELLENT price as a price match, and they even kept their free shipping offer on it as well (I wanted to use them because, as stated by someone else, they were in all the mags, so they seemed reputable). I had it in 2 days.

Plus, they even answered a question that I had: I had purchased it for my V6 when they first came out, but my invoice said it was for a GT. Since it was brand new for V6's, I thought that it would be a different model #, and so I called to verify w/ RPM outlet. They verified that it was correct, and I never had a problem.

So, for the ONE time that I used them, I thought they were fine. Just never used them again because their website didn't have anything that I needed/wanted.

Of course, I should note that I CALLED them to order...I didn't just place it online.
Old 4/12/07, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RobK
If they don't get their act together they'll get a bad rep, then they'll have plenty of time on their hands to take care of customer service.
With all the post lately about RPM, sounds like they have a bad rep already. They should see this site. I deleted RPM from my favorites, I wonder how many TMS members will not consider dealing with RPM after all the bad post's.
Old 4/12/07, 11:40 PM
Cobra R Member

add me to the list that never will
Old 4/13/07, 12:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

i never will use them even though they have some parts i like, i know for a few dollars more i can buy it from Steeda or another good site
Old 4/13/07, 12:52 AM
Cobra R Member

tillmanspeed on here has alot of the parts they carry and he's great with customer service and other business aspects. He will also price match so you don't need to pay more.
Old 4/13/07, 05:26 AM
Bullitt Member

They're in Houston, so I get my stuff in about 12 hours from them, so I order small items from them. What ****es me off the most is that they use shredded paper as packing, so I'm picking up confetti in my house for a month after every purchase.
Old 4/13/07, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by bigray327
They're in Houston, so I get my stuff in about 12 hours from them, so I order small items from them. What ****es me off the most is that they use shredded paper as packing, so I'm picking up confetti in my house for a month after every purchase.
The shreds are probably all the complaint letters sent in on a daily basis. They figured they could save some money in packing material by shredding and reusing them.
Old 4/13/07, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

It's not just an issue here or there, it's large scale screw ups of orders and a complete unwillingness to admit error or take care of it properly.

Anyways, if you ordered in Feb. call up Visa or MC and tell them that you haven't received your items and fill them in, get them to reverse the charges and let them take care of it. I know they already billed you because that's what they do. Most places won't bill until the item ships, RPM charges the day of or day after the order. I remember I saw my Visa charged for my C&L kit the day after I ordered but 3 weeks later the thing hadn't even been considered for shipping.

Anyways, don't give them any more rope, cancel the order, take it up with your CC company and deal with a good vendor that supports this forum.
Old 4/13/07, 08:37 PM

At this point, there is only one item remaining in my original order, a BBK throttle body, that was part of a package, and that they won't individually refund me for. They say that because it was in a package, it has "no value" alone. They actually said this. Once I get my throttle body(if?), I'll just chalk this up to a bad experience, and never deal with them again. They say there is a national back order on this part, but I smell more BS. Too late for my boots, time to save my watch.
Old 4/13/07, 08:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

it is BS half or more of all the people that bought the BBK are returning it, i even heard BBK might be discontinuing the TB all together because of sales
Old 4/13/07, 08:44 PM

On a related note, I actually bought this throttle body from Mustangs Unlimited, and had it on my car ('05 GT), but I kept getting the failsafe mode every time I tried to drive it. I have an SCT excalibur 2 tuner, but nothing I tried would allow the car to run with the throttle body on. I have an aftermarket CAI (S&B, and yes, I should have known better), so I'm thinking that with a different, and better one, it should work. I see a lot of owners on this forum have the JLT intake. will that do the trick?