2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Problems with my 05

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/06, 01:44 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tammy,
I applauded your loyalty to your Mustang. You really must love this car. I would talk to the Tech before taking it home and ask him if he would let his Wife or Mother drive this car. I do know that electrical problems are one of the hardest to fix, sometimes you just have to be lucky. I talked to my X-son in law about your Mustang, he is a Ford technician and he said he worked on a Lincoln that had a similar problem. It turned out to be a bent pin in one of the connectors. It took him a while to find it as it was bent at the factory. BTW, It never gave the owner anymore trouble. Hope this Tech has found your problem. Good luck with having the dealership giving you anything, I would demand an extended warranty for all the trouble.
Hope you have your Baby on the road soon,
Dan
Old 1/4/06, 03:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

IMO an extended warranty would certainly seem appropriate as well as getting the paint chips repaired. They certainly can offer "something" - free oil changes, etc for the remainder of the warranty period
Old 1/6/06, 11:17 PM
GT Member

Tammy,
Any update on your Mustang?
Just wondering what Ford and the dealership are doing
Old 1/7/06, 07:22 AM

Tammijoe,
Time to update us again. I also live in Louisiana, but bought from a Mississippi dealer due to loyality -- excellent dealer on our fleet vehicles -- and love my 05 "Black Pearl" GT. I've been following your tale of terror and also believe you have the plus of a good dealership that genuinely wants to help. Let us hear from you. Don't forget our Consumer Complaint Hot Line to the Attorney General's office as another option if things should not go well.
M-73
Old 1/7/06, 01:11 PM
V6 Member

Update!! Sorry guys for leaving you in the dark, but not much is going on at this point. They are waiting on the part to come in....suppose to come in sometime early next week. I really do want to keep this Stang...one they do not make the color and it is the first year for this body style. I really enjoy this car and love driving it. I asked the dealership who wants to drive it once this new part is put in....well NO one really wants to. I already have a ext. warranty on the car,but maybe they can give me one with NO ded. and longer.....and also fix the paint chips...lol. I call they at least every other day to check on her.....I am so tired of this darn Dodge. I want to Thank everyone once again for all of your concerns, I am just trying to think positive about all of this.My service advisor says he just wish he had more customers like me...lol. Anyway lets keep our fingers crossed and she is fixed next week because I am ready to get her back....it has been 3 weeks.
Old 1/7/06, 02:20 PM
Cobra Member

Good luck with your Pony Tammy, my heart goes out to you...I hope they find the problem and fix it right. Electrical problems can be a real nightmare for even the best tech to fix.
Old 1/7/06, 11:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to be devils advocate but a dealer sells a product from Ford. Most repairs under warranty have to be done under the manufacturers reccomended protocol, and need to be approved by Ford so the dealer can get reimbursed for the work(at a much-reduced rate then non-warranty repairs). If the product was defective without being something the dealership intentionally did to the vehicle, why would the dealer be obligated to compensate for Ford's mistake? Ford themselves should be the person to pony up for any compensation, not the dealer.

Anyhew, I hope it all works out. Were you using Ford's roadside assistance for the towing?
Old 1/8/06, 07:20 AM
V6 Member

Yes but since we live in the post hurricane all the towing companies are involved in getting all the vehicles out of New Orleans. So if I waited on any towing company on Fords list I would have a wait of 2 hour to no ETA....so I would just call my own. And I also understand the dealership having to get any approval from Ford on any work done, because I use to work for this dealership. But even the Ford engineers are confused because they do not have the knowledge like they think they do. Back in the spring of this year I was having major problems with my radio system....and it toke the dealership and Ford engineers almost 4 months to figure out what was going on.
Old 1/8/06, 07:21 AM
V6 Member

Yes(I was using Ford Roadside) but since we live in the post hurricane all the towing companies are involved in getting all the vehicles out of New Orleans. So if I waited on any towing company on Fords list I would have a wait of 2 hour to no ETA....so I would just call my own. And I also understand the dealership having to get any approval from Ford on any work done, because I use to work for this dealership. But even the Ford engineers are confused because they do not have the knowledge like they think they do. Back in the spring of this year I was having major problems with my radio system....and it toke the dealership and Ford engineers almost 4 months to figure out what was going on.
Old 1/10/06, 05:06 PM
GT Member

Tammy,
Just read your post at Blue Oval. Good news, hope this takes care of all your problems. Your dealership is lucky to have you for a customer, some times it pays to be nice. Let us know how it works out.
Dan
Old 1/10/06, 09:05 PM
V6 Member

Yes Mustangdan, hopefully things are looking brighter. For those who haven't read the other forums, I got a call from a Mustang engineer today. The man was real nice and understanding. He is concern about all of the problems with my Mustang. The part came in and is or was going to be put on either late this afternoon or first thing in am. Once it is on and they seem to think for sure this is the problem Ford is sending out a Rep on Thursday to go over the car to make sure it is in good running condition before they had it over to me.....hopefully by Friday. The engineer said he has not seen a problem like mine....but has heard of some simular. So they are going to go over it with a fine tooth comb...so to speak. I can't wait till Friday because I want my Stang to be fixed...and I am sure the wait will be worth it. I will keep yall posted on Thursday or Friday as to the out come. Thanks again everyone.
Old 1/11/06, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Good Luck I hope they fix it. Don't want you guys to go through what I went through.
Old 1/11/06, 04:11 PM

Sounds like things are looking up. Keep us posted at the end of the week.
M-73
Old 1/12/06, 07:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

I am sure we are all pulling for you and that come Friday - your long ordeal will be over!
Old 1/12/06, 07:44 PM
V6 Member

Update!!! Well guys it seems they figured out what was wrong with my Stang. I can't really post everything the service mgr. said because his cell phone was cutting out when he called, but once I find out what it was I will post it. All I know is that the wiring harness they were looking at had a connection that was not quite snug. The service mgr was driving it home tonight to make sure everything was ok, and he said if it all checked it he would wash and gas it up tomorrow for me to pick up..I can not wait. It has been a long month. I am so glad they sent the Ford engineer to check it over....and I am sure the dealership is too..lol. Thanks everyone for all the advice and support!!! If it hadn't been for the forums I wouldn't have gotten this resolved.
Old 1/12/06, 08:18 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
Glad it appears theyve FINALLY found the problem...I work in machine tool controls and looking for an intermittent fault/connection is always a bummer...trying to diagnose something by a description, that often cant be repeated while looking thru schematics can make for a long day...hopefully they found evidence that the suspected item was REALLY failing- like melted plastic connector, burnt insulation, some kind of heat damage, corroded connector, something bad...not just a "well this screw wasnt that tight and might have caused it..." type of thing that leaves you less than 100% sure you found THE problem.
I recall reading in another forum something about water leaking in thru cowl on a couple cars shorting out a plug somewhere, but couldnt find the thread again...hopefully if its even POSSIBLY corrosion/water related, they also washed it down good looking for leaks
One thing about it, with all the factory folks that got involved, I bet the dealer has put a lot more than the usual effort into getting this handled- and I bet they'll treat ya very nice every time you stop in

hope youre back on the road soon!
Old 1/13/06, 06:40 AM
GT Member

Tammy,
Really hope this is the end to your problems with this Mustang! I have only owned mine since Nov 30th and had no problems at all so after reading some of the problems with new Mustangs I started contacting the 5 members in our club who own them. I guess we are lucky, no gas filling problems or anything!
Good luck and keep us posted.
Dan
Old 1/14/06, 05:07 AM
V6 Member

Hey everyone went and picked up my Stang yesterday. They had her waiting out front washed and gased up. I didn't get to talk to the service mgr but I plan on getting the whole story so I can post it for future reference....but hopefully no one else ever has the problems I have had. And once I get that posted hopefully that will be the end of this thread. I know when I got in her yesterday if felt like a new car again......but I guess it would have they have had her for a month and a half. Once again thanks Fordv and others for all the advice. And yes Fordv they kept mentioning names that I had talked to or emailed....it was kinda of funny. I guess that is another reason why they had her parked out front all shined up...lol. And the dealership treats me good any way because I use to work in the accounting office with them, just now they treat me with ALOT more resept......lol
Old 1/14/06, 05:47 AM
Cobra Member

You've been through a lot and I know is a big burdon lifted off you to get your car back. I'm glad Ford came through and their engineer was persistent!

I had a + experience with them in the past with a bad torque convertor on a 99 GT. The engineer authorized replacement, but the dealership's ears were trained not to hear the noises.
Old 1/14/06, 09:04 AM
GT Member

Great news Tammy.
Good to have you on the road again! I bet they went over your car with a fine tooth comb. Keep us posted and have fun :drive: your Mustang

Quick Reply: Problems with my 05