2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Problems with my 05

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/05, 08:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Liz, no I have not been on the blue oval forums, I will have to check it out.
Thanks once again.
And grr, yes it is a good thing if it is not the same as before. But from what they are telling me it may be worse, we will see, I just pray for the best and try to think positive.
Thanks everyone for all the information and concerns.
Old 12/17/05, 06:21 AM
V6 Member

Well just wanted to give an update on my Stang. The service mgr. phone to say they put in the wiring harness. He called to also ask if I wanted to pick it up or have him take it home for the weekend and drive it with the computer on it to see if it breaks down again. He lives 60 mile away, so I choose to let him drive it. I really want my Stang back but I guess a few more days of waiting would not hurt and that if it broke down again he would have to wait this time. But really all I want is for the vehicle to be fixed because I don't want to get rid of it, I would love to keep it because they don't have the Mineral Grey color in the 06's, but if it were to break down again I would have no choice but to do a buy back. So lets keep our fingers cross they have the problems fixed.Thanks
everyone for all the support and info. Tammy
Old 12/17/05, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Good luck, I have changed the Harness in a Ranger, and never have a problem after that. It had 156,000. Before it was laid to rest.
Old 12/17/05, 05:50 PM
V6 Member

Thanks gator that gives me some hope. I called the dealership to see if the service mgr. had any problems and the person on duty which is my advisor said he had not see nor heard from him, so no news is good, in other words sounds like it made the trip...and it didn't break down. I can't wait to get it back I really love driving my Stang. Thanks once again for the incourgement. :P
Old 12/22/05, 07:03 PM
V6 Member

Update on my Stang!!! They changed the wiring harness on my Stang on Friday of last week, then the service mgr. drove it home for the weekend to test it out, he had no problems. Picked the car up on MOnday. Everything was fine until Tues. I was driving it home and it started acting up again and broke down on me just 2 miles from the dealership. NOw the dealership knows it has to make a decision. They know they have do me right, but we will see. The service mgr. told me it would after the first of the year before they could get in touch with anyone from Ford. Have a used car from the used car dept but they are putting me in a rent a car tomorrow.
Old 12/22/05, 08:08 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
better get some legal representation, looks like you have a lemon
Old 12/22/05, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear the bad news Tammijoe, hopefully the new year will find you in a new and non lemon Mustang.
Old 12/23/05, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Not good to have a lady stranded on the road. Dangerous.
Old 12/23/05, 09:35 PM
GT Member

Start logging the days out of service. The week they are making you wait for contact with Ford counts against the lemon law and I'm sure they know it.
There's no reason for them not to be able to contact a Ford rep next week, even though the holiday season is here.
Old 12/23/05, 09:37 PM
V6 Member

Thanks everyone for the support. I spoke to my service advisor today and he even says it will be a buy back. They all are being real nice about all of this at the dealership, but I still filed a complaint with the BBB to get the process going. I also had a thread on the blue oval forums web site, well guess what now it won't let me enter the site....I wonder if it has something to do with my thread on my lemon. Oh well I hope the new year does bring me a new Stang. I have already made my mind up to get the Vista Blue or the Fire Red...lol.
Sandyman, when I broke down this last time a man and his wife helped push my car off the road and everyone was blowing their horns and the guy that was helping me started yelling "can't you A holes see a lady broke down", I just knew there was going to be a fight right there. The dealership put me in a rental today, had a fight with the rental company because they told me I could have a mustang but guess what they brought me a Dodge Stratus.....nothing even close to a Mustang...so that just made my day. :cry: Anyways I am looking forward to getting this behind me and getting in a new Stang. I still love the Stang.. <3
Old 12/23/05, 09:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Glad to hear your troubles are almost over. Both are great color choices, but I'd get the Blue (not that Im biased or anything ).
Old 12/23/05, 11:01 PM
GT Member

Tammijoe,
Really sorry to heare about all the trouble you had with your Mustang. The Blue Oval site went down yesterday they have had a lot of problems. Maybe their wiring was bad
I am very impressed that your are still wanting another one. You are a true Mustang lover Lots of red Mustangs out there, not too many Vista Blue's. Everywhere we go ours gets attention. Sounds like the dealership is going to make things right, sure hope so. Good Luck and keep us posted.
Old 12/24/05, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Tammy, getting the stratus will make you appreciate the new Mustang even more. I'm so glad you are getting a new Mustang. The last thing a lady needs is to be broken down on a road somewhere.
Old 12/24/05, 05:13 PM
V6 Member

Yes Mustangdans I consider myself a true Mustang lover , and will always be one. My boss asked me the other day if I was going to get another one and I told him of course, I love the Stangs, and realize there are some lemons in each make and model. And Sandyman I guess you are right on the Stratus. I will be glad when this is all over with. The service mgr. said he would try to get in touch with a Ford Rep this coming week, but most are off for the holidays. If he doesn't then I have waited this long what would a few more days be.... , me going wacko...lol. But I guess it goes back to what Sandyman said I will appreciate my new Stang more. Thanks once again for the support and advice from everyone, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Old 12/29/05, 12:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tammijoe It sounds like you have a great dealership.

I have heard of this symptom in several other cars, not just Mustangs. An important issue in these computer controlled cars is voltage. It seems the first symptoms of a low battery or bad alternator are flickering gauges and dash lights.

The wiring harness seems to make sense. This problem could be as complicated as a small ground in a wire, a bad alternator, a short under the dash, and on and on and on. Anything that can zap voltage will freak out the computer and ultimately shut the car down.

I have bought the first year of many Ford models and I seem to have more problems with the early versions than the later ones. I just traded a 2002 Explorer that was very troublesome for a new F150 King Ranch super crew. At least the King Ranch is the second year.

A few probs with my vert but dealable.

Good luck
Old 12/31/05, 07:56 AM
V6 Member

Update on MY STAG. Finally spoke to the service mgr. yesterday after leaving several messages for him to call me. I informed him I filed a complaint with the BBB, and he said he understood. I also sent Ford a email on their website and have documented everything. The service mgr informed that he was calling in a Ford Rep Tech, on Monday. The guy is suppose to have all the lastest computers and stuff on his own truck and is suppose to help the techs out at the dealership, don't know how true this is??? Anyway he said he would give me a call on MOnday and he said he was going to get this resolved. I told him I was scared to drive a car that keeps breaking down on me all the time. I told him if this vehicle can not be fixed then I want to do a substitution of collateral. He said we would cross that bridge when we get to it but first he had to go thur certain channels. I really hate to lose this vehicle because of it being the first year of this new body style and they don't have the Mineral Gray anymore. But inorder for me to keep it they that to make absolutely sure it is fixed. We will see the service mgr is going to call me on Monday, if he doesn't then I will call him. Oh by the way the car will be there 2 weeks this Wed. and they have not even touched it.
Old 12/31/05, 09:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Wish you the best outcome with your car - certainly a stressfull situation.
Had a similar situation when we got our 99 Taurus. The car had some sort of burning electrical smell they could never track down- ended up with a new car. I think it helped that they knew I was going to pursue every legal option available IF not resolved. Sounds like the dealer is doing what they can at this point...just be prepared to fight for your rights if it comes to that. At one point with ours it was suggested the car go back to Detroit to be checked out which we refused.
Old 12/31/05, 10:22 AM
V6 Member

I have already been thur one buy back, about 5 years ago, so I do know what road is ahead, I was just hoping this one would be a little easier. I understand the dealership has their hands tied to a certain degree and they have to take certain steps in the process, I use to work with these guys, so that makes it tough. But I am perpared for a fight also. I just know at this point I am scared to drive the car, and if they can't tell me for sure they have the cure then forget it, I will go forward. Something tells me they are not going to have a answer on Monday like they think they are, just by the way the service mgr talks, but we will see. I will keep everyone posted. Happy New Year to all on TMS!!!!
Old 1/2/06, 12:13 PM
V6 Member

Update!!!! Went to the dealership this am. Spoke to the service mgr and the tech who has been working on my car since day one. Seems that this time the tech got in it and it did not start for the first time since this problem. He said all the other times he could start it right off. He said he opened the hood and wiggled a section of wire that they have not replaced and it started right up. And while it was cranked he decided to wiggle the wires once again and the car wanted to die. So he is going to call the Ford engineers and talk to the service mgr and get the part ordered asap and have it rushed. He said it was a part that was replaced with the main harness but it going into the main box??? Not sure what he is talking about but if this is the defect and it fixes everything so be it, I just want my baby back. But I do still think they should give me something like maybe a longer warranty for all my trouble, and I will be sure to ask. So hopefully this will finally fix my problem, because I really want to keep her if at all possible, maybe I should get them to fix my chipped paint spots while it is in there, at their expense.
Old 1/2/06, 12:56 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For your trouble, you are surely entitled to have those paint chips fixed and I would talk to them and see if you can get an extended warranty for your trouble. Your were making payments on a car that was not in your possession for a long time. They should show some good will to keep you from going to another car company.

Quick Reply: Problems with my 05