2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

price negotiation

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/04, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
We do have cutomers that misinform about their trades that costs us thousands of dollars, about 20% of customers show for thier appoinments(typically the ones that you come in for on your day off, even when they say 'Im on my way now and say good bye to 4 hours of your one day off a week for a no-show and after three days of calling them you use caller ID block and they answer right away and told you they bought the same vehicle at another dealer, thanks for the help though), customers that sit on a payment clause close and after an hour you find out they have no credit, lie on thier apps about income and job information and we have to eat the refinancing of the loans when they do not get 'bought' where we thought they were or our survey suffers(usually does anyway), lie about what other dealers offer on a vehicle or advertisement, lie about how much money down and we have to call Ford to get them approved persoally(its not an easy process) then retract it in the business office, back out of car deals four days later(one is happening right now as I type) after we just wholesaled thier trade(legally there is no obligation in Va, most likely we will end up buying their-our car back and undoing everything or selling another unit several thousand below cost for 'customer satisfaction' and smile about it 'no problem' all the way while the salesman that spent all the time doing the deal just lost every cent on the deal and still redelivers the next car, etc etc etc. These are not uncommon occurances. Not to mention these customers BOMB the salesmen's surveys for problems beyond their control, usually on the 0 deals and affects bonuses and ratings with Ford and it goes into your 'mix' average customer satisfaction rating that every dealer can acess in the future for employment. Service is 10 times worse. Try ANY of this at Best Buy sometime. I left it run on on purpose, this is an average weekend, after 40 other phone calls all with separate issues somehow you manage to sell two cars durring this time. Enthusiasim is 80% of the sale, if you remotely get frustrated by things like this the customer will pick up on it instantly and it makes life an uphill battle. You never hear all this goodness because we are programed naturally not to complain openly about customers, there is NOTHING ever to gain from it in a showroom. You instinctively smile and go on to the next every single time, you are done if you let it wear you down, 100%, 70hours a week. This business is not for the faint of heart.
Old 9/16/04, 01:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hah, a customer I talked to this week and worked with for 3 hours driving everything we have was looking for a large sedan and she was very interested in the 500. She said she's a domestic buyer. I gave her literature and other information and was going to call here when it came in. After 4 phone calls today I finally got hold of her she told me she bought an avalon last night for $500 off sticker, we just got in an AWD limited 500 two hours ago.
Old 9/16/04, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120+September 16, 2004, 10:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ September 16, 2004, 10:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ace0215@September 16, 2004, 11:20 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-stangdreamer
@September 16, 2004, 9:19 AM
Hi,

I am a newbie but have been following for months. My opinion is that all you who preordered are going to have a hard time negotiating. You will probably pay the MSRP. You think a dealer is going to give you a discount when you ordered a car sight unseen without knowing how much its going to be? They know they got you locked in. You took the initiative and already know far more about this car than 99% of the dealers out there.

Anyway thats just my opinion. I am not yet in a position to buy (Family obligations come first) I hope to pick up either a 2005 or a 66-67 in the future.

Best of luck to all of you early negotiaters you are gonna need it.

Maybe Ford will hire you as mustang salesmen to help pay for your ride.

You should have read through the site before posting, but I won't hold it against you too much

When pre-ordering, the negotiating has already been done (even before pricing had come out). Basically the dealer agrees to sell the car for $X.XX above invoice or $Y.YY below MSRP or something like that. My deal was $300 under invoice!! I'm getting a great deal!

And even though we have pre-ordered...we still are not obligated to buy the car if we don't like it.
$300 under invoice? I wouldnt hold my breath. [/b][/quote]
The $300 under invoice is a deal for being a AAA member. There are certain dealers who give special deals to AAA members. This particular dealer was offering $300 under invoice on 2004/2005 Mustangs. AND I have it in writing from the Fleet And Internet Manager. So Don't hold my breath??? I gues I'll have to wait and see, but if that's not the deal that i'm gonna get, well...then this would be a perfect example of the stereotypical liar of a salesman. I sure hope that's not what happens, but if it does then you can see why people might have a bad taste in their mouth when it comes to car salesman.
Old 9/16/04, 03:46 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevin...wondering if you ever heard of weiner Scott Ford in Mexia, TX? They're supposedly one of the biggest dealers in the country by volume, in this little bitty, po-dunk town.

Anywho, the sales people there ain't the best, and the sales manager, who lives right down the street from me, treated me like I had no business on her lot when I was trying to get my F-150...actually talked about me around town after I bought my truck from them saying they "lost" money. Heck, they didn't have to sell it to me in the first place, and I would've went somewhere else...

Figured she would die to sell me one since my family own's the laregest Chevy dealer in the area :tex: