Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premium GT Interior Question ?

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/08, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Premium GT Interior Question ?

If anyone has a Premium GT (not a deluxe) w/ out the interior upgrade package please answer

I planned on getting the interior upgrade package but the Mustang GT I am interested in doesnt have it, It is a Premium GT, which has the leather seats and 500 shaker.

My question is.... since it doesnt have the interior upgrade package BUT is a premium which comes with leather sport bucket seats, does it come with a Leather Steering Wheel ?? Also does it come w/ the door inserts that have the same pattern as the seat inserts ?? Anything thing else would be helpful as well about the options that you get ?

Thx so much
Old 4/16/08, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ironically I have the two other options you didn't mention.

1.) GT Premium with IUP (the leather bits are included)
2.) GT Deluxe with Sport Leather Seat Upgrade

My Deluxe does NOT have the leather steering wheel and side panels and my sales guy told me he thought it came with the seats, so by that fact I think it comes with the Premium and you should get it even without IUP. I believe the IUP is more the dash covering and the MyColor, but I could be wrong as my **** car doesn't have a leather wheel.

On a side note, I find if you are going to wear any rings, you should either opt for a non-leather wheel or cover the wheel with something so that you don't harm the factory leather finish.
Old 4/16/08, 09:00 PM
GT Member

lol, does that comment have to do with being a female! Leather is the way to go...just doesnt feel right without it

thx for the info
Old 4/16/08, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nothing to do with female. I'm married and my wife *****ed me out about a mark MY ring made on her wheel.
Old 4/16/08, 09:39 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

i don't think the premium comes with the leather wrapped steering wheel without IUP, or at least it didn't in 05. the leather wrapped steering wheel comes with the sports appearance package though
Old 4/16/08, 09:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well some good news is if you happen to get a good deal on a car that doesn't have the leather steering wheel, you can have it added to the car afterwards. Just contact KC (clevparts@aol.com) and he can take care of you. My car came with a leather steering wheel but stupid me wound up putting a nasty scratch in it so I got a replacement from him. Good as new!
Old 4/16/08, 09:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you get a vapor finally?!
Old 4/16/08, 10:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sent you a PM. I can help find a car and let you know where the car is relative to your area. I do this for people on here all the time.
Old 4/17/08, 01:26 AM
GT Member

I did not get a vapor yet I thought I had one on order, but I found out today that it was denied. Such a short notice I am now screwed ordering one the way i want it. I am once again on the hunt to find one on a lot somewhere out there that will work for me. I have one but I dont know if its available yet also it doesnt have a interior appearance package so i will update tomorrow
Old 4/17/08, 06:22 AM
V6 Member

You must get the the IUP to get the leather wrapped steering wheel among a few other things. When I was buying my stang a year ago, that was actually my deciding point on purchasing the one I have now. I was stuck between two of them but the other didn't have the IUP and was much plainer inside. They were both vista blue with medium parchment and both premiums. The other one had the better rims though.

Here is what the IUP gets ya:
- Leather wrapped steering wheel with aluminum spokes
- Satin aluminum shift lever with auto trans
- Bright polished register rings and bright shift know for man trans
- Satin aluminum door handles
- Special bright 6-gauge cluster with Mycolor and message center
- Satin aluminum door sill scuff plate with Mustang lettering
- Dark charcoal aberdeen front door panel inserts

Good luck with your search!

Last edited by TonyN; 4/17/08 at 06:30 AM.
Old 4/17/08, 06:41 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ms.Saleen
If anyone has a Premium GT (not a deluxe) w/ out the interior upgrade package please answer

I planned on getting the interior upgrade package but the Mustang GT I am interested in doesnt have it, It is a Premium GT, which has the leather seats and 500 shaker.

My question is.... since it doesnt have the interior upgrade package BUT is a premium which comes with leather sport bucket seats, does it come with a Leather Steering Wheel ?? Also does it come w/ the door inserts that have the same pattern as the seat inserts ?? Anything thing else would be helpful as well about the options that you get ?

Thx so much

Mine is an '07 premium GT w/o IUP. I have the door panel inserts, but it came with the plastic sttering wheel. I later installed the IUP sterring wheel, a Hurst shifter, and put a Scott Drake aluminum shifter boot trim.
Old 4/17/08, 08:04 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp
Nothing to do with female. I'm married and my wife *****ed me out about a mark MY ring made on her wheel.
+1 My rings have also made a scratch on my leather steering wheel. I try to be careful now.
Old 4/18/08, 11:45 AM
Cobra Member

Definitely get the IUP if you can, it looks much better than the bland black dash. If you don't want the dash to be so bright, you can select the Charcoal dash panel option to get the darker panels. The Satin finish panels are very nice though, I like it.
Old 4/18/08, 01:11 PM
GT Member

I was able to contact the dealership that has the gt i am interested in... the sales guy called me back and goes yep we have it, im standing right here next to it and its a beauty! whatever
I asked if it had the leather on the wheel and i was told it does.
From everyones responses im wondering if it really does lol

I am more open to just getting the premium dark charcoal leather and shaker then the IUP now....
but one thing i am going to miss is the message center! the push button looks so cheap lol
I dont know how much it would be to add the message center myself, but i have a feeling its not gonna be cheap!

This would be my third S197 GT, gee im on a roll lol Well I guess i could say my forth as I was pressured into a color i didnt want anymore. I wanted silver at first then decided it was tungsten i wanted. When i told my sales guy he insisted i couldnt afford it so pressured me into the silver on the lot. My b.f of course was getting a gt at the same time i was and told them windveil blue or tungsten. Of course they found him a tuingsten...my color! *rolls eyes* They transfered his black bullitt rims onto the new gt before we got there. When we pulled up my mouth about dropped, talk about being so jealous. I cried like alittle baby knowing i was stuck with the silver cause i signed the papers already on it. The owner felt bad and just wanted me to be happy and let me get out of that one into the tungsten i wanted But of course that got totaled on me after 2 weeks.
I'll stop now this is an endless story lol

My point is.... i only wanted the IUP, but now i have grown to like the sports interior package w/ the black vents and black dash. I think it would go great with vapor

The vapor GT I am looking at is a premium, with dark charcoal leather/interior, 500 shaker
sat. radio
remote start
18' premium aluminum wheels
Old 4/18/08, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Let me offer my advice...

since this will be your third dont settle on this next one. If you think you want IUP, then GET IUP. You wont ever second guess it and will be happy you did. Its a small expense to pay and consider it is something you look at every time you are in the car.

Get the options you want, its no fun second guessing.

If I had to do it all again I would not have bought mine off the lot and would have ordered it exact specifications..

oh and if you can, get the painted fanblades on the vapor, as far as stock goes I think they look the best...

Last edited by Etnix; 4/18/08 at 03:23 PM.