2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Premier Trim Pic from my '07 Vert!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/06, 04:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great!

On the doors, is just the armrest portion upgraded, or is the upper portion of the door panel upgraded as well?

(I hate that 2 cent hard plastic on the top part of the door trim panels... that's where I rest my elbow, and it's not very comfortable)
Old 7/2/06, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

The only part that's upgraded on the door, as far as I can tell, is the part in the center of the door - the door pull area where your elbow rests. The upper part of the door panel looks to be the same as in the '05/'06 cars. Also, people had asked about retrofitting the premier trim pieces and I think the door panel arm rest might be able to be removed from the door panel itself. There's a dummy plate in the pull area that *may* cover the screws to attach the upgraded trim piece. I'm not certain because I didn't remove it, but someone at the parts counter should be able to say if they're available separately.
Old 7/2/06, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Congrats on your order!! My '05 has the ICAP interior which is basically what my '07 will have as well, except the '07 will have the Premier Trim pieces and a manual tranny. Here are some pics of my '05 interior. The red is something that people on the forums seem to either love or hate. I've never had anyone see it in person and say they didn't like it though. It doesn't matter, because I LOVE it. The red interior is why I bought my '05

Black and dark charcoal, as you say Ford uses the terms interchangeably. Another of the many things they do to confuse us on ordering! And while I'm talking about pet peeves, it just blows my mind that '07's are arriving at dealerships yet there is NO info on the Ford web site on '07's. Nor is there anything on Ford Direct. Really annoying when a company as big as Ford can't keep their web site updated!
Thanks for the pics, looks good with black. I had an 05 Vert V6 in Performance White (see avatar), with the IUP red interior and I just loved it. After my gf got her Stang in Redfire and a 5 speed, (mine was an auto) I feel in love with the manual tranny so decided to trade my Performance White for a GT Vert with 5 speed, but never saw a Redfire with Red Seats. Of course I ordered the car in April and as you say, no dealer info available on the 07's. Thanks
Old 7/3/06, 09:44 AM
Cobra R Member

i cant wait for my premeir trim so i can drive away from the dealer in comfort. looks sweet, i got the white with red interior coupe. Has anyone taken delivery of an 07 with red interior yet?
Old 7/4/06, 01:06 PM
GT Member

So how are you liking the shifter by now?

Bob99b5 - So how is that upgraded shifter by now compared to the regular shifter? That's the only thing I haven't quite decided on yet. I'm leaning towards getting the premier trim package but was just wondering about the look and feel of the shifter and bezel. Thanks!
Old 7/4/06, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MrLatte
Bob99b5 - So how is that upgraded shifter by now compared to the regular shifter? That's the only thing I haven't quite decided on yet. I'm leaning towards getting the premier trim package but was just wondering about the look and feel of the shifter and bezel. Thanks!
While I'm not Bob, I did also get the premier trim. I like the shifter a lot better than I thought I would when I saw Bob's pics. Photos don't really do it justice.

Chip
Old 7/4/06, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree with chip, it looks and feels nice. It seems like it's solid metal (maybe aluminum) so it should hold up well. I don't know if the throws are any shorter than on the standard car (probably not) but it feels good going through the gears. Even if you didn't like it, you could always change the **** later.
Old 7/4/06, 10:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by makemystang
Thanks for the pics, looks good with black. I had an 05 Vert V6 in Performance White (see avatar), with the IUP red interior and I just loved it. After my gf got her Stang in Redfire and a 5 speed, (mine was an auto) I feel in love with the manual tranny so decided to trade my Performance White for a GT Vert with 5 speed, but never saw a Redfire with Red Seats. Of course I ordered the car in April and as you say, no dealer info available on the 07's. Thanks
LOL! Well I guess you know quite well what the ICAP looks like then I haven't seen a Redfire with ICAP car in person. In the photos I've seen I didn't really care for the combo, but it may look completely different in person. I always liked it with the white and black the best.