2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Powered By Ford On Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/07, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bet he could have sold them for 100 bucks a set and they would have still sold as fast!
Old 4/7/07, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dslimbizkit
I'm finally a GT member !! woohoo!!

24 more! .. I wonder if that was done automatically or they would answer their phone if I called right now???

according to their website they are only open monday thru friday.

Call them
Old 4/7/07, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jacostang
Give it a try!!!
just did .. answering machine .. but also YES this is BuyFordRacing.com ..

I had written them a question about shipping earlier being that I bought 1 and then went back and bought 3 more to make sure that I could get combined shipping on all 4 even though I basically ordered twice ..they said to just make sure I tell them when I call to pay and at the bottom of the email it read:

DPM INC
734 459 0130
9a-4:30p M-F EST
www.buyfordracing.com and yes I see the days and hours they are open but I thought I'd try anyways.. probably checking emails and posting ebay auctions at home... I'm feeling much more comfortable about this now
Old 4/7/07, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
according to their website they are only open monday thru friday.

Call them
Trying ..........No answer got answering machine
Old 4/7/07, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

oh .. I ALSO just posted THIS question ON the actual auction page that they just put up for the 24 more ...

are these the REAL shelby emblems or are they the "close but not quite" Scott Drake emblems? I'm wondering because I thought CS wasn't making these available to the public outside his cars

well I THOUGHT I asked it on the actual page..guess it was sent as an ebay email ..none the less the question has been posed!
Old 4/7/07, 04:55 PM
Cobra Member

Now I'm wondering if the info that they weren't going to offer them for sale was bogus. Has anyone tried walking into their Ford dealer to buy some? They're probably $10 over the counter!
Old 4/7/07, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by RobK
Now I'm wondering if the info that they weren't going to offer them for sale was bogus. Has anyone tried walking into their Ford dealer to buy some? They're probably $10 over the counter!
I was thinking the same thing. Oh well their worth what I paid. The scott drake old style are 24 bucks a piece on partscheap.com
Old 4/7/07, 04:58 PM
Cobra Member

I've got $10 that the guy is "Explorerking"! Has anyone checked any of the other boards to see if this was posted? What a great marketing scheme if it was!
Old 4/7/07, 05:05 PM

Well I will say it looked like a a bunch of hungry pirana going after these!
Old 4/7/07, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DavidM
Well I will say it looked like a a bunch of hungry pirana going after these!
No kidding. It hooked me right in.
Old 4/7/07, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RobK

for being the same price as the Scott Drake ones I was literally hours from buying I'm okay with the price ... lol... unless I find out they ARE 10 bucks at my Dealership ... anybody's parts counter still open and willing to give a call and ask??!? I'll do it right now..see if they are open I guess
Old 4/7/07, 05:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm really surprised to see these pop up. I was the one saying that these weren't going to be available per Amy B. and now here they are. They appear to be the real deal.

OK I odered a set too. I like the Scott Drake ones that I have but these are nicer! I'm really surprised the manufacturer didn't put alignment pins on the back. It seems like Shelby would have asked for that just to make the process of upfitting the Shelby GT easier. Good find.

I think this will be the 6th set of side badges that I have installed. Get out the hair dryer, fishing line and adhesive remover. Here we go again~
Old 4/7/07, 05:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

KC would have let us know if they were available through Ford dealerships.
Old 4/7/07, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

crap ..no go on calling my dealership's parts dept...
Saturday: 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
Old 4/7/07, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I'm really surprised to see these pop up. I was the one saying that these weren't going to be available per Amy B. and now here they are. They appear to be the real deal.

OK I odered a set too. I like the Scott Drake ones that I have but these are nicer! I'm really surprised the manufacturer didn't put alignment pins on the back. It seems like Shelby would have asked for that just to make the process of upfitting the Shelby GT easier. Good find.

I think this will be the 6th set of side badges that I have installed. Get out the hair dryer, fishing line and adhesive remover. Here we go again~

I was also amazed. I wanted these so bad I was about to see if someone could custom make them. LOL
Old 4/7/07, 05:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY

The cars sent to Shelby have V6 fenders - i.e. - no holes. A little known 54U GT Upfitters package trivia for you!
Old 4/7/07, 05:53 PM

OK fellas just got off the phone with Mike at diversified products, he wanted me to post a reasuring message that these are in fact the real deal. They are not stolen and they will be shipped promptly as soon as monday rolls around and the orders are received. Very nice guy. Actually returned my call from the caller ID from earlier. Anyone who had any concerns can put them to bed.
Old 4/7/07, 06:01 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How do we know that you (DavidM) and Mike aren't the same person? You join TMS back in Oct 2006 and pretend to be just another member, but then you see the huge demand for the fender badge. You fly out to Las Vegas, go to the Shelby Facility, and when no one is looking you steal 21 "Power by Ford" badges. You then fly back and bide your time until today when you make $1050. Unforntunely, your round trip, hotel expenses, etc cost $1077. So you still end up $27 short, but boy it sure was fun.
Old 4/7/07, 06:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I love these emblems, but am I the only one who thinks that $49.00 is a lot of money for these ?
Old 4/7/07, 06:19 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Time will tell, but the fact that he sold 21 pairs in 56 mins at $49, indicates that many folks consider this a reasonable price. After the "gotta have it" crowd get's theirs and demand slows, prices may come down.

Quick Reply: Powered By Ford On Ebay