2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pony Drive '05

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/05, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. The route has been changed due to a major race at Indy that weekend. The proposed route will be from Flat Rock to Dayton, Oh with time to see the USAF Museum, Wright Bros home/museum, and other points of interest. Overnight in Dayton.
From there, it's North to Lima to travel the Lincoln Highway. This is the 1st Transcontinental Hwy across the US and pre-dates RT 66 by 13 years. It's 75 miles from Lima to Ft Wayne, so there's plenty of time to stop and see the history Overnight in Ft Wayne
Then it's on to Chicago with stops at the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, possible lunch at South Bend. Over night for 2 nights in Chi. We are seeing what Ford may have for us, as Chi is Ford's 3rd largest market
Head South through Kankakee to Marshall. The Mayor's office is planning a show for us on Sunday afternoon.
At this point, we resume the original schedule.
We are still awaiting a final answer from Ford on what discount we will be getting. With the change in command, I have not received a final decision. Paul Russell was working on a plan for us, but he has been promoted since we met in November and we will see what the final result will be. Superior is offering invoice+ $500 as a back-up, so that isn't too far off our original estimated discount and still under sticker. Anyone that wants to change their mind will receive a full refund. We still have to deal with the numbers of cars and that will also be a Ford decision. Just let me know before we mail out the Participant Packages. Remember, you registered as a member of the Pony Drive and we will be doing an event every year, so there is still a lot to look forward to, and possibly another major trip for the 45th.
Old 1/18/05, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I can't wait!
It will be an awesome experience!
Whatever discounts become available are great, but its the whole experience that will be remembered forever.

How many sleeps till Pony Drive?!
Old 1/18/05, 10:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
In that case, I'll probably only stay through Tuesday and then just meet up with you guys again here in St. Louis to Kansas City. Foiled again! I keep wanting to go see Indy and things keep coming up so I can't go on the trip. Maybe next time. Also, since I have to order through my local dealer, if we can't get x-plan I'll have to park outside the St. Louis Ford plant and start asking everyone who comes out for a pin. Unless I can find someone else that has one to offer at work. I think a coworkers dad may work there. Hmm.
Old 1/18/05, 10:26 PM

I'm with you mstang; it's so much more than the discount (though that helps ease the wait). I'm real excited and it's still almost 5 months away.

Thanks again David (aka Organizer1)

Edit: Just saw your post Maverick128, good luck - I hope you're able to get everything to work out (pricing and planning)