2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Playing Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/06, 12:09 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi gang,

It's been a while since I checked in with Y'all (that's southern for "you guys"). I really miss the MS gang and, as you may recall, really liked the Mustang, the one I had and the one I ordered. Heck, If I hadn't got ticked-off at just one dealer who jacked my "prioriity" around, I would be driving my red '05 GT Vert with mods today. In fact, I might still have the two Ford vehicles I had when I originally ordered the '05.

Enough remoniscing, back to the topic. While cruising my Vette during lunchtime the other day, I chanced upon a silver Saleen Supercharged Convertible. Beautiful machine.

After compliments all around, a little playing seemed inevitable. Unfortunately, we found ourselves in "downtown" traffic - not a place to play. After clearing "downtown", we did get a chance to do a 2nd gear "roll" but had to cut it short before we created an "unsafe" condition. Darned nice machine, that Saleen - ran well. I believe my Vette (400 HP, 3179 GVW) had a very slight edge over the Saleen (435 HP, 3650 GVW). Very slight (if at all), indeed an most likely due to the weight differential. Like I said, darned nice machine.

Anyway, I wanted to stop by and say "HI" to a great bunch but kinda-sorta wanted an excuse. I still have "friends" from TMS that I share lunchtime with when we get the chance. For the rest I have yet to meet - the best to you.

Your Old Friend from Days Gone By,

Don "SeniorStang" Daubenmeyer

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/1/06, 06:32 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome back Don...

Nice to see you not forgetting us [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Hope your enjoying the vette [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]