2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Placed Order & Bad News?

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/05, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see lots of V6's sitting on lots. Maybe this rumor is to keep people from ordering GT's so they will buy V6's from dealer stock.
Old 3/6/05, 12:47 PM
FR500 Member

yea they r confident that the car will be mine. they said yea ur gonna get it soo dont worry. i asked them about alottment and they said they have it. they r close to using it but they have it. im also the next order in the dealer to be pulled. but come monday im speaking to the GM and asking im questions. im gonna go in and get a signed buyers agreement. i need some questions answered for closure. thats all i need just something to gimme closure. i thought back when i ordered i would be getting it around now but then i figured mid april. now im thinking may or possibly june. i really dont understand what is going on HOW COULD A MASS PRODUCTION HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE MOTOR COMPANY HAVE WAITS LONGER FOR A MUSTANG THAN A FREAKIN FERRARI!!??!!?? it makes no sense. im lookin at other alternatives like asking my dealer to trade with another for a car i want. or possibly just go and get it i dont car anymore as long as im GUARENTEED my vehicle then ill be fine even if it means waiting
Old 3/6/05, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 6, 2005, 12:56 AM
this has really got me worried. i ordered in january and now theres a chance i wont get my car??

I hope you get a 05, but if you don't get it get a 06 model it is the same. The Mustang is not going away after 05. It is not like you want Sonic Blue like me and have to have a 05 because Ford is eliminating that color. I am ordering one this Monday March 7th and if they tell me that I have to wait till 06 then I will get another color. I understand your frustration but you will eventually get your car.
Old 3/6/05, 01:28 PM
FR500 Member

i think by may i should have it....long way off but i know it is worth it
Old 3/6/05, 03:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Well my gt is built and is in town at the yard and should come in to dealer tommorrow with any luck. I was told by dealer that out of the 14 they ordered only 4 would be built, including mine that was already in town, so thank god I ordered back in november or I would be sxxx out of luck.
Old 3/6/05, 03:23 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It will be worth it Greg trust me ,this is one hot car .Even my dealer up here said that if I was to re-order now I could expect a 5 to 6 month wait for a new GT.So far my dealer has been straight forward with me including letting me know about the shipping delays.He also knows he can't B.S. me I sent him to this site to check it out and he was most impressed with it . B)
Old 3/6/05, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by jwede@March 5, 2005, 11:13 PM
Ford is way oversold on the Mustang. Talked to a high up in the KC region and even he said that there are orders that will not get built. The sad thing is that people still have roughly 4 months in which to order a car they have little or no chance at getting. If you want an 05, you had better order one from the largest dealer you can find, find one on the lot, or move to Texas.
I just ordered a GT Convertible here in Texas and was curious about your comment about Texas....hoping that means I will get mine sooner!
Old 3/6/05, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 6, 2005, 1:50 PM
yea they r confident that the car will be mine. they said yea ur gonna get it soo dont worry. i asked them about alottment and they said they have it. they r close to using it but they have it. im also the next order in the dealer to be pulled. but come monday im speaking to the GM and asking im questions. im gonna go in and get a signed buyers agreement. i need some questions answered for closure. thats all i need just something to gimme closure. i thought back when i ordered i would be getting it around now but then i figured mid april. now im thinking may or possibly june. i really dont understand what is going on HOW COULD A MASS PRODUCTION HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE MOTOR COMPANY HAVE WAITS LONGER FOR A MUSTANG THAN A FREAKIN FERRARI!!??!!?? it makes no sense. im lookin at other alternatives like asking my dealer to trade with another for a car i want. or possibly just go and get it i dont car anymore as long as im GUARENTEED my vehicle then ill be fine even if it means waiting

Hey Greg you have a couple days on me for your order, but I'm not worried. It's been less than 2 months since we ordered. Give it time. The average around here seems to be around 3 months--give or take few.

If for some reason I don't get my order and I'm forced to get a 06 I will survive. In that case it would be tough seeing all the new mustangs this summer and me having to wait until october for mine. The worst part about it is that I will be storing mine in the winter so If I got an 06 I would have to wait 14 months from now to drive it! That's no fun. But I'm going to stay postive and say we will get our cars!
Old 3/6/05, 03:47 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 6, 2005, 2:50 PM
i really dont understand what is going on HOW COULD A MASS PRODUCTION HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE MOTOR COMPANY HAVE WAITS LONGER FOR A MUSTANG THAN A FREAKIN FERRARI!!??!!?? it makes no sense.
The only sense i can make of this is the average car owner cannot afford a Ferrari but most can afftord a Mustang GT at $26K to $30K . I hardly doubt that Ferarri make anything close to 150,000+ vehicles of the same model in a year. If they do, I'd be surprised.
Old 3/6/05, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on your order, Stadifer.

I ordered my Mineral Grey V6 last week. If I'm lucky, I might actually get scheduled this week.

Best of louck, and here's hoping for a short wait for all of us!
Old 3/6/05, 04:15 PM
FR500 Member

i know about the ferrari thing and they make barely 5000 IMO. im just "flustered" about this whole situation. im was glad i ordered when i did by now im thinking twice. i just dont wanna wait til may to have my car. if i have to then ok. but june is like death
Old 3/6/05, 04:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered on 12-20 and every week the dealer says mine will be pulled next. I know that there were orderes placed in front of me and I have just resigned myself that the car will come when it comes.
Old 3/6/05, 05:28 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by GregS2005GT@March 6, 2005, 12:45 PM
I see lots of V6's sitting on lots. Maybe this rumor is to keep people from ordering GT's so they will buy V6's from dealer stock.
I keep wondering about that as well. A lot of the dealerships can't seem to keep GT's on the lot for more than a few days, while at the same time have 5 or more V6's at all times. The dealership I ended up ordering from has probably 20 V6's and 4 or 5 GT's pretty much every time I check their inventory. They claim to be the second lastest dealership in CA. I've tried to find out who is the largest just to see what their inventory of Mustangs looks like.
Old 3/6/05, 07:04 PM
V6 Member

I sure hope this isn't true. I finally ordered my car this past Saturday and I'm one of sixteen Mustangs still on order with my dealer (Rittenhouse-Kerr). My salesman was upfront with me and let me know that I wouldn't see the car until June/July, but that's fine with me as summer would be a great time to pick up my new baby.

I originally was planning on waiting for an '06 but couldn't bear waiting until October. If that happens I'll live (and still get my car) but this summer would be much better plus I was really hoping to get one of the first year cars. I'll have to touch base with my salesman on Monday. Oh well...

Rob
Old 3/6/05, 07:15 PM

I just ordered my GT and I was told 8 to 10 weeks. I live an hour north of Dallas, Tx. I ordered it from a Ford dealership that didnt have any GT's in stock. They said that it will be in at 10 weeks for sure. They said it depends on the size of the dealership and how many they have ordered. This dealership is pretty good size but it is in the country so they sell and BUNCH of trucks and suvs. I am the only Mustang order they have right now. I am not worried. I have called around to all the Dallas dealerships that have 30 orders out and they said I should be good. heres a copy of my order sheet. gona be a kick hiney car.
Old 3/6/05, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TexasMom05+March 6, 2005, 4:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TexasMom05 @ March 6, 2005, 4:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jwede@March 5, 2005, 11:13 PM
Ford is way oversold on the Mustang. Talked to a high up in the KC region and even he said that there are orders that will not get built. The sad thing is that people still have roughly 4 months in which to order a car they have little or no chance at getting. If you want an 05, you had better order one from the largest dealer you can find, find one on the lot, or move to Texas.
I just ordered a GT Convertible here in Texas and was curious about your comment about Texas....hoping that means I will get mine sooner!
[/b][/quote]

Being in Texas is a good thing. Lots of allocations there.
Old 3/6/05, 07:47 PM
FR500 Member

my dealer is an in-the-middle dealer. they have alotta allocation and im the next to be pulled. the sales manager is confident and tells me i will get my car and its a matter of ford building it. they havent messed around with me at all. they even gave me a test on a GT that they refused to people (i know this because i was standing there with the keys when someone asked for one) because they really wanted my business. i gave them my business and they have no problem with me calling cuz they know im anxious. i just need some closure
Old 3/6/05, 07:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Falchion@March 5, 2005, 9:06 PM
Congrats on your order!

I ordered my V6, and two weeks later had a build date!

But maybe the rumors are based on a allocation thing? In other words, maybe the number of GT's that a Dealer gets for 2005 are limited, then it might be hard to order a GT late in the 2005 model year from some Dealers who didn't have a large allocation of GT's to begin with?

Now, that wouldn't mean that Ford was Limiting the total number of GT's just the number that certain Dealerships get. So, it might seem like that they were limited in certain Dealerships, regions, when in fact they aren't Nationwide.

OK, does that make sence? :scratch:

Anyways, just a thought......
Makes sense to me. Every dealer is only allowed a certain number of car types (allocations) they can sell based on total volume and sales from the year before. Also, by doing certain business transactions, they can increase their allocations. So if you go to some small dealer ship that only sold (for example) 25 Mustang GTs last year, Ford may only allow them 30 Mustang GTs this year. So...if the dealer wanted to sell Mustang GT convertibles, but only had 4 "allocations" left for GTs, he may forego selling any more Coupe GTs so he can Verts as for his last few allocations.

I believe that's right.