2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Picked car up: Love it. Hate dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12/18/04, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his underwear!!!!!
Old 12/18/04, 06:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by afcop13@December 18, 2004, 6:49 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

To anyone who missed it, its WALKER FORD IN CLEARWATER/ST PETE, FLORIDA. Fleet Sales manager who lied to me is Don Dithmer. He proved to be a total piece of crap. I'm giving it a couple of days on the complaints I've filed. So far the military car sales people have already replied, and my contact person there sent my complaint straight up to the top there. I hope they stop giving Walker their military car sales business.

Media - I think this is my 1st step if Ford Cust Service proves to be the pit you all say it is.

Dealership - I'm letting them know immediately that I plan to go to the media about how I was treated out there.

I accepted the car because I ordered in June, watched all these months through the process, it was exactly what I ordered, etc. Except of course for the mileage. I've been to 3 other dealers here in Tampa and there was only 1 GT available - a windveil Blue auto. So I knew that getting "my" car would take months again and I couldn't wait it out again.

Thanks again everyone. The car is awesome - BUT STAY AWAY FROM WALKER FORD - THEY ARE THE WORST DEALERSHIP ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!
afcop13:

Here is THE MOST EFFECTIVE THING TO DO:

Draft a very polite, professional letter detailing precisely what happened to you and naming the dealership in question (keep it to a maximum of two pages). If you don't feel up to drafting the letter yourself, have an attorney do it for you (best $300 you'll spend!).

Then, address the letter to Mr. Ford himself and 'cc' copies of it to J Mays, Hau Tai Tang, the head of Ford Consumer and Customer relations, Ford's PR department and their legal department. Do your homework and get the mailing addresses of each of these individuals. Send it registerd mail so that it has to be signed for in each office. Blanketing that many people (six)...I guarantee you it WILL get read and talked about. It demonstrates a level of professionalism and determination that companies RARELY see.

YOU WILL get at least some attention to the matter this way, I guarantee you! But the trick is professionalism and mass bombardment straight to the top. This car and customer reaction to it are VERY important to Ford, so much so that you may be surprised at how they handle it.

On the subject of local media - I work in media and can tell you that it's unlikely they'll do anything to cover it.

Good luck...
Old 12/18/04, 06:56 AM

I think Robert's suggestion is a good one.

Reminded me of an incident in the mid-80's in Ann Arbor, MI. I dropped my 300ZX off at the local Nissan dealer (Rampy Nissan/Chevy, I remember cause I'm still pissed) for a routine 30K or something like that service. My mom picked it up for me and noticed that the car smelled like beer. Sure enough there were beer cans in the back.

She checked the mileage from drop off to pick up and it was up by 60+ miles, way too much for a test drive after the service.

I went to the management at the dealer. They did nothing but offer to wash the car.

I went on to tell this story to hundreds of people. Whether or not it affected anybody's buying decision who knows. In this age of customer satisfaction, I think sending letters to the top would definitely warrant some action.
Old 12/18/04, 07:05 AM
GT Member

Well said. That is probably the most effective method in handling this siutation. Nothing like a cogent, professionally drafted letter to outline your unfortunate situation. Go straight to the top. Don't let those morons have their way with you. Stay firm in your conviction to have this situation rectified, whether it be an extensive appology, monetary compensation, life-time of free oil changes, etc. Those crooks crap on a man who served his county by driving his stang around town with a cat in the passenger seat. Discusting
Old 12/18/04, 08:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Your car was essentially used as a "demo", so you are entitled to a refund of the amount off MSRP that a similarly-priced vehicle would normally get when sold as a demonstrator, IMHO.

The fact that a dealer would treat a presold car this way, and then not even care enough to have a member of his staff clean out the interior before delivery speaks volumes about his (lack of) character!
Old 12/18/04, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Keith, Roberts reply is right on. If you follow his instructions, I'll almost guarantee you'll get results. Been through a simular experience a few years back myself. Only worse! Dealership tried to sell me a used ill equipped vehicle. It was safety inspected by them 2 weeks prior at their own dealership. I Took it to another dealer with motor vehicle inspection setup. Car did'nt pass. There was numerous things wrong with it, [lights, brakes, suspension] there were even parts missing, and the salseman thought I should pay for the worn out parts. Yeah right! Well you talk about having some fun. Manager kicked my wife and I out of his showroom, because I would no longer deal with salseman. Wanted to deal with him [MANAGER] now, the jerk! and, I told him I would have a motor vehicle inspector pay him a visit. He told me there was no motor vehicle inspector walking on his lot, and that he had friends in high places at the motor vehicle div. Can you imagine?
Ended up with a visit from the boss of the motor vehicle inspection division himself [ who is a personal friend of mine] Got everything straightened out then! How many ill equipped used cars was this guy selling to the general public before? How long was this going on? And he was the owner!

All I will say is that before it was all over my wife and I could have taken him to court and probably sued him, and the Major Auto company he was representing, for a very substaintial amount. He was basically told this by the inspector. In the end I had him shaking in his boots, and I let him go, but I bet it will be a very long time before he pulls that stunt again! Hope everyone enjoyed the story, it's true, and sorry for the long post! Don't let it go Keith. If he done this to you, it will only get worse, if you do nothing about it! Good luck with your problem! :shock:
Old 12/18/04, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dave_bought_another_black_stang@December 18, 2004, 7:38 AM
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his underwear!!!!!
(sorry, I just thought that was a very funny remark!)

I feel your pain my man, good luck setting it straight. Enough very helpfull advice so far.
Old 12/18/04, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Cat hair! I would have lost my mind!
Old 12/21/04, 06:52 AM

Originally posted by afcop13@December 18, 2004, 6:49 AM
Thanks for all the replies.

To anyone who missed it, its WALKER FORD IN CLEARWATER/ST PETE, FLORIDA. Fleet Sales manager who lied to me is Don Dithmer. He proved to be a total piece of crap. I'm giving it a couple of days on the complaints I've filed. So far the military car sales people have already replied, and my contact person there sent my complaint straight up to the top there. I hope they stop giving Walker their military car sales business.

Media - I think this is my 1st step if Ford Cust Service proves to be the pit you all say it is.

Dealership - I'm letting them know immediately that I plan to go to the media about how I was treated out there.

I accepted the car because I ordered in June, watched all these months through the process, it was exactly what I ordered, etc. Except of course for the mileage. I've been to 3 other dealers here in Tampa and there was only 1 GT available - a windveil Blue auto. So I knew that getting "my" car would take months again and I couldn't wait it out again.

Thanks again everyone. The car is awesome - BUT STAY AWAY FROM WALKER FORD - THEY ARE THE WORST DEALERSHIP ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!
I saw your car there when I ordered and picked up mine. I have to say they walked me back to see it but I promise I didn't drive it, wish I could of though! It looked great though. Sorry to hear they did that to you. I picked mine up as soon as they told me it was in because I was afraid something like that would happen.
Old 12/21/04, 01:44 PM

Walker Ford has apologized for putting extra miles on the Mustang before it was delivered to the customer. The customer will be compensated for the extra miles by providing a 12 month 12,000 mile extended warranty (on top of the factory 36/36000), window tinting, full tank of gas and an additional detail at no cost to the customer.

Walker Ford takes pride and responsibility in insuring that all of their customers
are satisfied.
Old 12/21/04, 01:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey AfCop13, check this out. What happened to you is the Kind of thing FORD DOES NOT WANT! Check out this Video! This is the Kind of Treatment Our Guys and Girls in the Military Deserve!

Coming Home Video
Old 12/21/04, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks like the situation was taken care of, glad to see that the dealership stepped up! Isn't the internet great, at least it makes it harder for people to get away with stuff like this dealer tried.
Old 12/21/04, 02:03 PM
GT Member

That sounds pretty good to me and like I said there are employees there at
Walker Ford that need to be able to continue to work in a good environment
and be able to provide for themselves and their families. I hope this has
produced a happy resolution. B)
Old 12/21/04, 02:03 PM
GTR Member

Wherez the owner live? LOL
Old 12/21/04, 02:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, alright, who told them?
Old 12/21/04, 02:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by TampaBear67@December 21, 2004, 2:57 PM
Hey AfCop13, check this out. What happened to you is the Kind of thing FORD DOES NOT WANT! Check out this Video! This is the Kind of Treatment Our Guys and Girls in the Military Deserve!

Coming Home Video
I'm sorry but this is the kind of treatment that EVERYONE who purchases a car should receive. No matter what they do.
Old 12/21/04, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Got that window tinting I mentioned!!! All right! Walker Ford you did the right thing.
-J
Old 12/21/04, 02:30 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Walker Ford Mgt@December 21, 2004, 2:47 PM
Walker Ford has apologized for putting extra miles on the Mustang before it was delivered to the customer. The customer will be compensated for the extra miles by providing a 12 month 12,000 mile extended warranty (on top of the factory 36/36000), window tinting, full tank of gas and an additional detail at no cost to the customer.

Walker Ford takes pride and responsibility in insuring that all of their customers
are satisfied.
So in review, the dealership deprived this soldier by putting 60 (probably hard) miles on his brand new, prepaid 2005 Mustang GT. And to compensate, they provide him with goods and services which, in total, cost the dealership $30. Pathetic.
Old 12/21/04, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, that's not exactly stepping up to the plate but it's the owner's (car owner's, not dealership owner's) call as to whether that's acceptable. At least he'll get something out of it but I'm curious if the dealership is taking steps to address the root cause, their operating practices.

Jason
Old 12/21/04, 03:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by BlueStangVert+December 21, 2004, 4:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlueStangVert @ December 21, 2004, 4:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Walker Ford Mgt@December 21, 2004, 2:47 PM

are satisfied.
So in review, the dealership deprived this soldier by putting 60 (probably hard) miles on his brand new, prepaid 2005 Mustang GT. And to compensate, they provide him with goods and services which, in total, cost the dealership $30. Pathetic. [/b][/quote]
Keith, that's an awful tale! I've heard nothing but bad things about Walker Ford down the years and this just confirms it.

I had a a very good experience at Bill Currie Ford in Tampa. A total of 13.3 miles on the clock and .8 on the trip was at BCF.

If you decide to talk to the media, Call Stacie Schaible at WFLA-TV in Tampa. She's extremely persistent!

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Picked car up: Love it. Hate dealership