Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MTAS@December 17, 2004, 1:53 PM
Is this him?
Both those probably drove it! :drive: :drive: :angry:
Old 12/17/04, 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

sorry to hear that man. that really stinks.

when i picked up my 05 i had 22.7 miles on it. i need to go check my sticker from the window to see what the original milege was.

i hope you get it taken care of and justice is done.

Old 12/17/04, 01:22 PM
GT Member

I can't beleive that they didn't even try to hide the evidence by at least cleaning the car before they tried to give it to you
Old 12/17/04, 01:32 PM

I would request from the dealeship a free extended warranty. Who knows what damage the owner could have done to the car when driving it.
Old 12/17/04, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking about putting a sign up...

In Florence Al. a guy that owned a construction company or something put a new F150 on his site, right on the major highway coming to town. In bright glowing yellow paint, he painted. XXX Ford Sells Lemons, and had a lemon tree growing in the back.

That truck sat out there for almost 10 years, looked brand new when he put it out there.

Don't know what was wrong with it, but I don't think he was too happy.

I don't think I would go that far in this case.
I do like the idea of pressing them into a free extended warranty. That seems reasonable. You don't know how hard he abused it in those 60 miles. He may have gone 60 miles 1/4 mile at a time.
Old 12/17/04, 03:25 PM
Cobra Member

Sad that the dealship did not respect your agreed terms to purchase said vehicle.

Your new vehicle is not legaly yours until you take physical pocession of it period. Does not matter what amount of dollars is put down. You people need to check things out before you sign to except physical pocession of any vehicle. Until then it belongs to the dealership. I see no recourse at this point.
Old 12/17/04, 03:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Usually you will get a survey in the mail a few days or so after you purchase a new car, where you rate the dealership & their service. That's where I would let them have it. And I would send a little letter in with the survey detailing how I was treated & how sorry it was. I would also try cust serv, the internet, & the local media, as others have said. That's really the only way of getting the word out.

Sorry about the way they treated you. It reaslly stinks the way they did that. I hope that everything works out for you in the end though.

Happy Holidays
Old 12/17/04, 04:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, if the folks at Ford are still watching this site and we know they do, maybe they will do something about it. As for it not being legally yours until it's delivered.....sounds like some lawyer loophole crap, excuses to justify stupid actions. Between myself, the ex-wife, and helping friends I've bought over 14 new cars and I have never heard or seen anything like afcop13 had to deal with. I hope something good comes out of it. The jerk probably did it so you wouldn't (like that would happen) take posession and he could sell it with a higher markup.
Old 12/17/04, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

One word: Airstrike

Sorry to hear it man. Definitely think the your local media outlet is the way to go. He may have taken 60 miles off your ride, but a story like that could take a helluva lot more from him (read:sales).

peace
Old 12/17/04, 04:52 PM

Hey, sometimes a complaint doesn't do it... my wagon was taken to my local dealer for an oil change that took 2 weeks, and wasn't ready when I got there, and there was a dent in my car that wasn't there before. I wrote a complaint and the reply I got was something like End of the closeout, or something. Try asking for a zone manager that covers that entire area. (You see, you're not supposed to know that..according to the dealers.) It stinks to find all that crap in a new car you were ready to enjoy.
Old 12/17/04, 05:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
drop a bomb on the dealership !! :angry:
Old 12/17/04, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here's what I would do:

Before you call the media, threaten the dealership with bad press, and let them know in no uncertain terms that you KNOW that local TV stations will love the story (which they will).

Ask for some sort of recompense, whatever kind you feel comfortable with. If they don't work something out, THEN call the media.
Old 12/17/04, 06:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Kieth, I am begging you man-to-man to please make sure they regret doing this to you. I HAVE A CAR ON ORDER FROM WALKER FORD!!! If it's OK with you, I am going to print out your post and bring it in to them after I get my build date. I am going to demand that this does not happen to my car and have them sign it acknowledging they know my request. Do what you have to. I don't think they've been 100% up-front with me either, but I'm not sure. Please make your voice heard and help out the future Mustang owners from that dealership. I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to you. Judging by your post, I'm assuming you're in the service... Thank you, millions of us appreciate it.
Old 12/17/04, 06:40 PM

You should file a complaint with the local police. You should also go to all the local TV stations and ask to tell your story to their consumer advocate on camera in front of the Ford dealer. Believe me , they will be asses and elbows trying to make it right. Ford needs to get thier dealers to shape up !!!!! Anyone at Ford out there paying attention ?
Old 12/17/04, 06:41 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BTW... I saw your car there Nov 29th. It was sitting in the back corner by the fence. VERY NICE... I sat and stared at it for a while, just wishing. It still had the blue bubble wrap on the bumpers and plastic on the seats. Don't worry, I didn't scratch her, I even untucked my shirt so to keep my belt buckle well away from it. Georgous Car! Congrats.
Old 12/17/04, 09:22 PM
GT Member

KEITH:
I am angry just readiing the events which unfolded concerning your stang. THE SAME darn THING HAPPENED TO ME!! I ordered my 01 Gt from a CA dealership. I waited around 3 Mos for it. They didn't even call me when it came in. When i saw it, it didn't even have any stickers on the windows as if someone had been driving around in it. AND it had 67 MILES on it :bang: :bang: I was so pissed off that I walked away and bought a stang from another dealership with 4.2 miles on it I called the morons at FORD cust. They don't do crap!!!wortheless. I have dealt with FORD cust. for several issues with my car and they have NEVER been helpful. Good luck
Old 12/18/04, 02:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Any local media should love to take on this story. Tie it in with the "Ford Salute To American Troops" vid. This is the feel-good choked up teary eyed "Fiction" & this is the "Reality". The way they dealt with you, I'd see a lawyer that gave free consultation & see what options are available. They should have at least taken some dollars off the original agreed selling price.
Old 12/18/04, 04:01 AM
Queen Of Nascar

That really bites. The cat hair really gets me. Geez...Tough situation though, if it ever really did go to court the owner would probably say he had no idea it was not to be driven. The salesman should have offered some compensation on the spot.
Congrats on your new car and Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Old 12/18/04, 05:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for all the replies.

To anyone who missed it, its WALKER FORD IN CLEARWATER/ST PETE, FLORIDA. Fleet Sales manager who lied to me is Don Dithmer. He proved to be a total piece of crap. I'm giving it a couple of days on the complaints I've filed. So far the military car sales people have already replied, and my contact person there sent my complaint straight up to the top there. I hope they stop giving Walker their military car sales business.

Media - I think this is my 1st step if Ford Cust Service proves to be the pit you all say it is.

Dealership - I'm letting them know immediately that I plan to go to the media about how I was treated out there.

I accepted the car because I ordered in June, watched all these months through the process, it was exactly what I ordered, etc. Except of course for the mileage. I've been to 3 other dealers here in Tampa and there was only 1 GT available - a windveil Blue auto. So I knew that getting "my" car would take months again and I couldn't wait it out again.

Thanks again everyone. The car is awesome - BUT STAY AWAY FROM WALKER FORD - THEY ARE THE WORST DEALERSHIP ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!
Old 12/18/04, 06:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, I'm just glad you didn't take out a baton and do some training on any of them. I think you should take a print out of all these post and show the local Tampa newschannels that you aren't the only one outraged. If you go in they might just think you are whining, make sure it's a channel that doesn't show Walkers commercials. They won't want to lose a customer, but the channels that don't show the Walker commercials would love to ping on a competitor.

By the way, welcome back. You escaped from Greenland and I got outta Iceland. That's why I understand how upset you are, and I was only coming back to my 97GT, I could only imagine your situation.

Did I miss pictures of your car?

Quick Reply: Picked car up: Love it. Hate dealership