2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Picked car up: Love it. Hate dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/04, 10:40 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not only would I file every form of complaint known to Ford, I would contact every news outlet covering that area until it made on TV and in the papers. THere is NO excuse for such behavior. To take advantage of a man serving his country during the times we live in now is BEYOND reprehensible. It almost makes me sick to read what happened to you. There is no excuse that could convince me that those people DESERVE to yours or anyone else's business.

I'd like to know what dealership it was that did this to and where it is located to warn anyone I might know in the area so they can avoid those snakes.
Old 12/17/04, 10:40 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

It is amazing how some people have zero regard for others. In this instance you have this dealership owner, who purely for his own enjoyment STOLE a car, took it for a joyride.

Then you have other dealers like mine who take the car keys home with them to ensure that no one touches it! My dealer actually was annoyed at the service kid who took it to get gas in it for me, because he took about 10 minutes. Checked the odometer when he got back, and said, "Ok it only had 11.5 miles on it., its at 12" I drove it into the service bay to be detailed, and I drove it out. Heck, when I got there it was parked in the VERY back of the dealership, and I drove it out. Not even the porters were allowed to move it. LOL

I would suddenly develop a very severe allergy to cats... You know those things can come on as an adult. Then I would contact my local media, and tell them (with scratchy voice, and difficulty breathing) what this idiot did to you. Once the dealer is catching all kinds of heat, you then tell him he is to call the nearest dealer, and personally set up your service for a year, with a GT Loaner at no charge.

Course, instant gratificcation would be to have him meet you in a dark alley, but, thats not longer term. LOL
Old 12/17/04, 10:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 35thGT@December 17, 2004, 11:17 AM

File a complaint and speak to the owner of the dealership and ask for the keys to his personal car for about 30 minutes just to make you feel better.

-Jason
:drive:
Old 12/17/04, 10:48 AM
V6 Member

I would try and get in contact with the owner, heck call him at home if you need to.

Did they NOT prep the car for you? Seems like when they prepped the car they should have gotten those things.

Personally I would have REFUSED delivery of the car.
Old 12/17/04, 10:50 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its sad to hear the the owner of the dealership has that little regard for customers cars. If you cannot expect the owner to be respectful, then how can you expect the employees to do the same?
Old 12/17/04, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I would have refused delivery and then demanded monetary compensation in the area of price of a new Ford GT for your trouble.

Then you could re-order and choose which one you want
Old 12/17/04, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

I concur with those saying to contact the media. Being in the military seems to be acceptable again, about darn time, so that may drive up the sympathy enough for a reporter to invest some time. Best of luck to getting some well-deserved revenge. Oh yeah, I like the sign across the street thing too, but who has that much spare time?

Jason
Old 12/17/04, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jarednt1@December 17, 2004, 11:51 AM
I would try and get in contact with the owner, heck call him at home if you need to.

Did they NOT prep the car for you? Seems like when they prepped the car they should have gotten those things.

Now that would be hard to do. I mean come on, the car is right there and you want it badly. I would have taken delivery too. But, with free oil changes/free tinted windows/something.
I would still want to at least smoke the tires of his personal car.
Like Retro GT said!!
Old 12/17/04, 10:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Keith, you have a PM.

Jason
Old 12/17/04, 11:00 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 35thGT+December 17, 2004, 11:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (35thGT @ December 17, 2004, 11:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jarednt1@December 17, 2004, 11:51 AM

Now that would be hard to do. I mean come on, the car is right there and you want it badly. I would have taken delivery too. But, with free oil changes/free tinted windows/something.
I would still want to at least smoke the tires of his personal car.
Like Retro GT said!!
[/b][/quote]
Granted it would be hard to do, but those sixty miles are ALWAYS going to haunt him as well as that cat hair.

I would much rather wait a few more months, for a car I knew was not tainted fresh of the truck.

Of course I would also demand a car off the lot as a loaner while the new car is built.
Old 12/17/04, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, and BTW, congrats and nice color

Jason
Old 12/17/04, 11:04 AM
GT Member

What the heck was in that car? Did the owner take "kitty" for a ride? Then what's
with the visitor pass? Who was the owner driving around then....perhaps a
little rendezvous with the mistress (assuming owner is a married male)? :nono:

Just inform the owner's wife and see if she can help fill in the holes.

The sad thing here is if you "punish" the whole dealership you stick it
to the people there who did everything right except STOP the owner
from running around in that car. We don't know for sure what could
have been done or what was even attempted.

It's all too late but the only punishment I can think of doing would have
been to say.....I need to test drive this first before taking full delivery.
Then Joy-Ride another 63 miles on it and walk away. Then of course
no car - and you may not have been able to that.

I hope Ford Customer Service can just "make it up to you" with something.
Let us know how that goes.
Old 12/17/04, 11:04 AM
Cobra Member

I agree with 35GT. I'd demand some form of compensation and an apology for the unauthorized use of your car. He should offer you an extended warranty and some free oil change coupons. However, I doubt there's going to be much anyone would do about what happened. The only recourse you would have had is to refuse delivery of the car, but where would you be now? Ordering another GT and waiting who knows how long for it to get here, especially if you ordered the IUP.

I do agree that the situation is bogus. You were lied to multiple times by the dealership personnel, and they don't deserve your's or anybody elses future business. I'm thankful for the internet and the fact that bad news travels fast.
Old 12/17/04, 11:20 AM

That totally stinks. I also almost had a bad experience with my new Stang and the dealer I ordered it from. I ordered my WV Blue GT back at the beginning of Oct. and when they called and told me my car came in I went to check it out and instantly fell in love. I told them I was going to the bank to finalize my financing and would pick it up the next day so they would have time to check it over and prep it. When I went in the next day to sign everything, the guy I ordered it from (who actually is a good friend of mine) told me that someone else had almost sold it the previous night. He said the salesman had already filled out all the paperwork and was looking for the keys but luckily my buddy had taken them home with him. I would have been uber-pissed if they had sold my car the night before I picked it up and I wasn't going to have any of the "... well, we'll just order you another one ..." crap my buddy was telling me.

But anyway, I totally love my new pony and whatever minor mishaps occurred a month ago have been completed erased from my mind by the daily driving I get to do with her. Give it time and I'm sure you will hopefully experience something similar.
Old 12/17/04, 11:38 AM
Cobra R Member

If you owned the car and they drove it. It is an insurance issue. I would call the dealer's insurance company and let them know of the additional liability that this business is risking. They may have their rates go up.

If they do not tell you who their insurance company is because they now know you, get some one else to ask. "If I had my car serviced here and left it overnight, what kind of insurance do you carry and who is the carrier?"
Old 12/17/04, 11:50 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would call customer service but since you took the car I am not sure much can be done about it.
Old 12/17/04, 12:07 PM

I think I would talk to a lawyer about that. If you already paid for it, they should not even drool on it. I would walk back into that dealership and threaten a law suit. You might end up owning the dealership if you go to court. (wishfull thinking)
Old 12/17/04, 12:14 PM
Cobra R Member

But how do you like the car? Whats your impressions so far....also some pics would be nice :-)
Old 12/17/04, 12:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

As much as you talked about that car I'm surprised you didn't do a swift kick to someones temple. Most local TV stations have a consumer report person who will do a story on how a customer gets mistreated, if there was ever a case, yours is it. The new 05 Mustang GT, member of the military serving overseas and coming home to that, the "owner" of the dealership driving it, they would eat that story up. Oh, I would DEMAND a complete detailing inside and out of my car at a detail shop, not their shop. I'm mad just thinking about it!! Let us know how it goes. Remember, you want to pay them back, you can find other Ford dealers to take your car to, you only live once, try calling the media!!!!!
Old 12/17/04, 12:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is this him?

Quick Reply: Picked car up: Love it. Hate dealership