2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Parking Lot Pests

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/05, 11:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm part of the crowd that is lucky enough to have some parking buddies...WRX sTI, Mach1, and once in a while a Carrera
Old 5/7/05, 05:02 PM
V6 Member

Sorry, but taking up two parking spaces is just plain IGNORANT. I park well away from other cars too but there is no point in antagonizing other people by pr**k parking. It just makes them want to **** you off.
Old 5/7/05, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

If there is plenty of parking spots available, and you are already parking as far away as possible to avoid other people parking near you, and they still do, then take up two spots. They have already shown they are out to p*** you off.
Old 5/7/05, 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I strongly disagree. I have a '67 Shelby and on the rare occasion I do take it out to a public place (retro diner, etc.), I always park far away (but in a visible spot so I can keep an eye on it from where I am sitting) and take up two spots. There's no law against this. This is to insure that no one comes along and parks next to me and dings my $7000 paint job.

Now if there is someone stupid enough to take up two spaces in a full parking lot, that's a different story. But I think as long as you park far away and in an open area, there's nothing wrong with taking up two spaces to protect your car.
Old 5/7/05, 06:56 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 6, 2005, 2:18 PM
Just be glad only 1 person does it. People will be jealous of your car and normally they are the ones that do it. Unfortunately I work with a guy that does that. He parked his clunker next to my car out in the boonies at work. So I asked him why. He said "All you guys think your new cars are just too good to park with the rest of us so I park next to you to say your car is not better than mine". I told him, "I park my car out in the boonies because morons like you open your clunker car doors into other cars because you don't care about your car. I care about my car and would ring the neck of a donkey donut like you if you ever put a dent in it. Come to think of it, you are the only donkey donut that parks next to me at work so if something should ever happen to my car while at work it makes it real easy for me to figure out who I'll be waiting for after work."

He gave me an interesting look but needless to say he has never parked next to my car since

By the way, I didn't call him donkey donut. I used a different term that the forum censors will not allow.
LMFAO!
Old 5/7/05, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@May 7, 2005, 8:54 PM
I strongly disagree. I have a '67 Shelby and on the rare occasion I do take it out to a public place (retro diner, etc.), I always park far away (but in a visible spot so I can keep an eye on it from where I am sitting) and take up two spots. There's no law against this. This is to insure that no one comes along and parks next to me and dings my $7000 paint job.

Now if there is someone stupid enough to take up two spaces in a full parking lot, that's a different story. But I think as long as you park far away and in an open area, there's nothing wrong with taking up two spaces to protect your car.

preach on, brother!!!
Old 5/7/05, 08:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@May 6, 2005, 1:18 PM
Just be glad only 1 person does it. People will be jealous of your car and normally they are the ones that do it. Unfortunately I work with a guy that does that. He parked his clunker next to my car out in the boonies at work. So I asked him why. He said "All you guys think your new cars are just too good to park with the rest of us so I park next to you to say your car is not better than mine". I told him, "I park my car out in the boonies because morons like you open your clunker car doors into other cars because you don't care about your car. I care about my car and would ring the neck of a donkey donut like you if you ever put a dent in it. Come to think of it, you are the only donkey donut that parks next to me at work so if something should ever happen to my car while at work it makes it real easy for me to figure out who I'll be waiting for after work."

He gave me an interesting look but needless to say he has never parked next to my car since

By the way, I didn't call him donkey donut. I used a different term that the forum censors will not allow.
That is hillarious I hope that he does not begrudge you and key it or something maybe stuff you exhaust with donuts in stead of bananas ?
Old 5/7/05, 08:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by OBleedingMe@May 7, 2005, 6:54 PM

I always worry about the two space thing what if there is say a mall law that is not clearly posted and they just to it away because of that ? this happened to my motorcycle and when I threatened the guy with his life he dropped it and called a cop and we went for a talk , I told them that the manager paged me and gave me time to get out and move it but the **** would'nt wait so I had to use the force I deamed necessary ! You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Be Free.
Old 5/8/05, 07:58 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by pwt13@May 7, 2005, 7:51 AM
Parking lot at work? I am fearing my daughters, ages 5 and 7! Last year when we got my wifes black 05 Town and Country my daughters somehow got ahold of a coarse sanding block (I live in a new development and they are constanty building so we find all kinds of interesting things left laying around) anyhow she decides to "wash" the van with it! I was cutting the grass and not paying much attention at the time, but it wasn't pretty! Most of them rubbed out. I told my wife the garage is off limits once the 'stang gets here...no touchy, no lookey and no kiddies!
Don't let them 'wash' the 05!

Oh, and to solve the problem of having people park too close, I have a solution.

Stem valve remover tool. Remove the valve and leave it next to the tire...on 2 tires. ...or you can start a collection.

Old 5/9/05, 06:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Ever since I bought my 1999 GT, I have been super **** about where I park it. Even at work, I park way out where noone else does. There are a few of of that park that far out. At my previous job, I parked way out where the security camera would pass my car every ten to fifteen seconds. I told the guard if they saw anyone "messing around" to call me. Never had a probelm.
Old 5/9/05, 07:16 AM

Originally posted by AB05GT@May 7, 2005, 7:05 PM
Sorry, but taking up two parking spaces is just plain IGNORANT. I park well away from other cars too but there is no point in antagonizing other people by pr**k parking. It just makes them want to **** you off.
I have to agree, I've known poeple who would go out of their way to "teach people a lesson" when they take up 2 spots. :nono:
Old 5/9/05, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Taxidad+May 9, 2005, 9:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Taxidad @ May 9, 2005, 9:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AB05GT@May 7, 2005, 7:05 PM
I have to agree, I've known poeple who would go out of their way to "teach people a lesson" when they take up 2 spots. :nono:
[/b][/quote]

I still disagree, I've seen many people go out of their way just to ruin a person's nice car when they haven't parked out of the way or taking up two spots.

In short you're better off to park far away and take up two spots if there are plenty available. Parking far away to avoid the morons who will damage your car just because its nice, and taking up two spots to avoid those who will park near you and are too stupid to watch that they don't slam their door into your car.
Old 5/9/05, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

But you're really darned if you do and darned if you don't
Old 5/9/05, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

If there are enough spots, I always take two. I try and park as far as possible from the crowd and don't even think twice about "should I take both spots?" It's a no brainer. It's not illegal. And I work too hard to have someone who does not care about their car ruin mine!

I also take two spots with my Crew Cab truck. If the people who built parking lots were sensible enough to make enough room to actually park (most are stuck in the 70's - you know - compact - 10 feet long, 5 feet wide) then I would take only one. As it is, if you take one spot with your Stang, you have what - maybe 18 inches between cars? I know and see alot of people who are over 18 inches wide (America is growing!) and don't think twice about opening their door all the way and then going "whoops, oh well, too bad - they shouldn't have parked so close to ME".
Old 5/9/05, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05stangster@May 9, 2005, 11:09 AM
If there are enough spots, I always take two. I try and park as far as possible from the crowd and don't even think twice about "should I take both spots?" It's a no brainer. It's not illegal. And I work too hard to have someone who does not care about their car ruin mine!

I also take two spots with my Crew Cab truck. If the people who built parking lots were sensible enough to make enough room to actually park (most are stuck in the 70's - you know - compact - 10 feet long, 5 feet wide) then I would take only one. As it is, if you take one spot with your Stang, you have what - maybe 18 inches between cars? I know and see alot of people who are over 18 inches wide (America is growing!) and don't think twice about opening their door all the way and then going "whoops, oh well, too bad - they shouldn't have parked so close to ME".
Im with you. When driving my F-350 I have no choice. It has a rack body, less the racks, on it. I end up taking up my spot and the one in front of me. If I dont I stick way out in the driving lane. I always park way out in the boonies so no one gets pissed. If Im out there and they still get pissed too bad. And I dont worry about getting towed. Most flat bed wreckers cant get my truck on them
Old 5/9/05, 10:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by AB05GT@May 7, 2005, 5:05 PM
AGREED
Old 5/9/05, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Well - at least we can agree to disagree.
Old 5/9/05, 10:52 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@May 7, 2005, 8:54 PM

Taking up two parking spots is illegal in some municipalities. I actually DID receive a ticket for that once in a wide-open, suburban mall!
Old 5/9/05, 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

How much was your ticket (just curious)? Any cheaper than repainting a door?
Old 5/9/05, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

I always try to park next to more expensive cars than mine. I figure they don't want to have their cars damaged either, and MAY be more respectful of private property than someone who drives a POS. I like to park next to four-doors. Their doors are smaller, and are less likely to be swung into yours. (Unless of course the stalls are smaller.) And you've got to be careful on windy days; the wind can catch their door and slam it into yours!

Otherwise, I always park as far away from the shopping mall as I can and just hoof it in. It gives me a little peace of mind and some exercise to boot!

Adrenalin: did that filtered word involve an orifice found on the human body?

Your response to that moron was a classic! I'll have to remember that if I find myself in the same situation.

Quick Reply: Parking Lot Pests