2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Owners report

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/05, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone it has been a while sinse I last posted anything. I have been busy for some time with job and other things. I thought some of you may be interested in how one owners Mustang GT is doing after a few thousand miles and any problems that have come up.

I have a 2005 Mustang GT premuim, it is Windveil Blue with charcoal interior and first IUP, and has anti-theft installed.

First I have to say that I am extremely satisfied Mustang owner at this time. I have had my GT for 162 days and it has 11.440 miles on as of today.

Problems I have had with GT so far are as follows: 1- loud popping noise from front of car, which would follow direction of steering wheel movement and only at slow speeds like backing up or just start moving forward. 2- Water dripping from interior light after being parked out in the rain all night. 3- CD Player skipping and making strange sounds freuqently.

My dealer, at the first 5,000 mile servicing , installed a kit for the front struts to take care of the noise, worked for about 1000 miles , when the front left started to make the noise again. The right hand side never made a noise again. When I took the GT in again for the 10,000 mile check, they replaced both strut kits again and everything has been fine so far( no more popping noises).

The CD Player was replaced during the first servicing and has not given me any further trouble. As for the water dripping from interior light , no one has been able to reproduce or explain what caued it and it has not ever repeated, even though it has been in the rain many times since.

I have used approxmately 403.9 gallons of gas since I drove GT off the dealer's lot.My Message center display, indicates that I average 19.4 miles to the gallon so far, which agrees with my calculations of 19.45 mpg. My lowest average for a tank of gas was 14.5 mpg and my highest was 24.22 mpg.

The most irritating thing I deal with is keeping the dirt and road tar off the paint, but this is a problem that is due too living in a border town in a dessert. Just have too deal with it!!!

The GT IS FUN AND I AM STILL SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR EVERY TIME I TURN THE KEY TO START HER. I just love to hear those two pipes sing when she is running. I sometimes drive with both windows open and radio/cd player off just so I can listen to the engine.

A few things Ford could do to improve the Mustang are as follows: 1- Make the rear seat hide like my old "65" did or just get rid of it. 2- Tint side and rear windows a little darker. 3- Get rid of storage space in the doors it is useless!!! 4-Relocate cup holders or make the holders deeper so that they don't interfere with shifting with a cup in them as they do now. 5- Raise door armrest, I find them useless also.

As you all can tell as of this date I am happy with the machine and pray it last and stays the way it is now for as long as I live, which is as long as I plan to keep it. I made the mistake of trading my "65" , I am not going make it again with the "05" (that is if god is welling). I hope this was of some interest to you all out there and enjoy your Mustang if you have and if you don't , WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?????
Old 6/8/05, 08:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

WAITING FOR? Don't get me started!

I loved reading your report and perspective from your 65, I can't wait until your 20000 mile report.

Thanks
Old 6/8/05, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the report Dan.
It's good to hear that your happy with your pony.

I have a '66 and although these are two totally different cars, they are both mustangs and I know how I would feel if I had to give one of them up.

I told my wife (Bless her heart) that if we win the lottery my first order of business will be to go out and purchase every year and model of the Mustang.

Hey, I can dream can't I?