2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ordered mine today

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/05, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT Premium, Black, Charcoal, IUP, Bullitts, Auto,Shaker 500, Active Anti Theft, Side Air Bags ect.
Got it on X-plan, the price increases are in effect, up $400,but I'm very happy with my price about $2300 under MSRP.
I work for a very large company with X-plan, I told our fleet manager about my order and about the price increase, he asked I wanted him to call the dealer to see if the increase was legit,since he had worked with him for years and knew him personally before he was a Ford dealer. I said no, but hid did it anyways, they talked about it and he assured him it was legit and went on to say we got the order in just under the wire, as he was notified by Ford to get any Mustang X-plan orders done now,and X-plan will no longer be available on Mustangs.The dealer did not tell ME this, so it wasnt like he was using it to get me to buy the car now.

I would also like to thank everyone here.I've been reading your posts and not saying much while trying to make my decision on my car. Your guys have covered every topic imaginable and helped me greatly with my purchase. I can't wait for the day when I can post some pics of my new ride.
You guys rock!
Old 2/21/05, 06:36 PM
FR500 Member

hmm well my salesman knows im using xplan but they didnt put it on thr order. it should say X but it says 1
Old 2/21/05, 06:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow really? No more X-plan on the Mustangs?

Man, maybe they're selling so well that Ford doesn't have to give out X-plan on it any more?

Well, I got my order in anyways?

Originally posted by GT05@February 21, 2005, 7:23 PM
GT Premium, Black, Charcoal, IUP, Bullitts, Auto,Shaker 500, Active Anti Theft, Side Air Bags ect.
Got it on X-plan, the price increases are in effect, up $400,but I'm very happy with my price about $2300 under MSRP.
I work for a very large company with X-plan, I told our fleet manager about my order and about the price increase, he asked I wanted him to call the dealer to see if the increase was legit,since he had worked with him for years and knew him personally before he was a Ford dealer. I said no, but hid did it anyways, they talked about it and he assured him it was legit and went on to say we got the order in just under the wire, as he was notified by Ford to get any Mustang X-plan orders done now,and X-plan will no longer be available on Mustangs.The dealer did not tell ME this, so it wasnt like he was using it to get me to buy the car now.

I would also like to thank everyone here.I've been reading your posts and not saying much while trying to make my decision on my car. Your guys have covered every topic imaginable and helped me greatly with my purchase. I can't wait for the day when I can post some pics of my new ride.
You guys rock!
Old 2/21/05, 06:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

The dealership is feeding you a line of poo. They just want to sell the car at full price without plan discounts...they make more money selling it Joe Public, not the someone using a plan, even though they get money from Ford.
Old 2/21/05, 07:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
X-Plan is always available except for a few select cars (Ford GT anyone?); however, its up to the dealer or not to honor it.
Old 2/21/05, 07:15 PM
GT Member

I am in the process of ordering a GT using x-plan. I talked to the dealer on 2/20 and my hold check is in the mail to them right now. He claimed that I was the first x-plan deal that they had done for a GT (I don't really believe this, but it would be cool if it was true). Guess I'll see in a couple days whether I get any sort of indication whether the x-plan will be a problem or not. I'd really hate to wait 2 or 3 months and have them tell me then that the price is MSRP or higher.
Old 2/21/05, 07:22 PM
Bullitt Member

If I don't get Xplan or dealer invoice or below....it's "bye-bye Mustang"!
Old 2/21/05, 07:27 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by NolanzDad@February 21, 2005, 8:25 PM
If I don't get Xplan or dealer invoice or below....it's "bye-bye Mustang"!
This statement above is more true than I want to admit right now.

Anyone with any legitimate info on changes to the X-plan, PLEASE pass it along....this is starting to worry me!
Old 2/21/05, 07:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by GT98@February 21, 2005, 7:53 PM
The dealership is feeding you a line of poo. They just want to sell the car at full price without plan discounts...they make more money selling it Joe Public, not the someone using a plan, even though they get money from Ford.

The original poster said the dealership did not tell HIM that....they told his boss. He had already ordered the car. Maybe Karpro can tell us if he has heard anything about this
Old 2/21/05, 08:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm skeptical but I'm also little concerned. I had planned on x-planning an '06. I completely despise having to negotiate a car deal so x-plan is perfect for me. I bought my Mazda6 on x-plan (Mazda actually calls it s-plan but it's the same thing) and it was the easiest car purchase I've ever made. If there's no x-plan on the Mustang, I'll probably just stick with my 6.

I hope Karpro chimes in on this thread.
Old 2/21/05, 10:38 PM
Cobra Member

1ST QUARTER 2004 X-PLAN ELIGIBILITY Last Updated:
10-Jan-05
Date: January 10, 2005
Introduction: Ford Division is announcing X-Plan privileges, effective January 11, 2005 through March 31, 2005

NOTE: Final paid vehicles are not eligible.
Program Dates: January 11, 2005 through March 31, 2005
Eligible Vehicles: All new 2004/2005-Model Ford Car, SUV and Truck through F-350 and E-Series (Excl. Ford GT and Escape Hybrid)

- ONLY the E11/E14/E24/S24/E31/S31/E34/E35/S34 E-Series body types are included.

- Final Paid vehicles are not eligible.
Eligible Delivery Types: X, 1, W, V, J, 8, Y, 5
Eligible RCL/RCO Terms: All terms.
Eligible Customers: Qualifying residents of the United States. Please refer to the Standard Rules of Eligibility dated 3/00 for eligible states and counties in your region.
Terms and Conditions: -Standard Rules of Eligibility dated 3/00 apply.

-Ford Credit financing is NOT required.

Note that the GT(40) AND Escape Hybrid are not eligible for X-Plan. It is not completely out of the question for Ford to stop X-Plans on Mustang GT's, but I have not seen/heard anything to validate this rumor...
Old 2/21/05, 11:17 PM
Banned

What I took out of this is that the particular dealer he was dealing with is stopping accepting X-Plan on the Mustang. Not Ford.
Old 2/21/05, 11:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@February 22, 2005, 12:20 AM
What I took out of this is that the particular dealer he was dealing with is stopping accepting X-Plan on the Mustang. Not Ford.
Entirely possible...
Old 2/22/05, 06:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

If your using X-plan make sure you get it in writting. Don't get burned like I did, waiting for the car to get built, only to be told that I could not get it for the X-Plan price. The dealer decided that they could sell the car for a six thousand dollar profit due to the buzz. So I just bought one from another dealer off the lot with x-plan because I did not want to wait months to have another one built.
Old 2/22/05, 07:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

I haven't heard anything about this but with our pricing I don't pay alot of attention to x-plan. I searched everywhere I could on Ford's dealer site and found no hints of this. If I hear anything I'll post it.
Old 2/22/05, 07:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by icemant180@February 22, 2005, 8:18 AM
If your using X-plan make sure you get it in writting. Don't get burned like I did, waiting for the car to get built, only to be told that I could not get it for the X-Plan price. The dealer decided that they could sell the car for a six thousand dollar profit due to the buzz. So I just bought one from another dealer off the lot with x-plan because I did not want to wait months to have another one built.
Dan,

What Boston area Ford dealer did you originally work with? Who did you end up purchasing from?
Old 2/22/05, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

It is simply up to the dealer to honor or not honor X-plan...
Old 2/22/05, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by freyke@February 22, 2005, 9:06 AM
That is true, but if they offer you X-plan to get your order, they have to sell at X-plan. They cannot bait and switch. :nono:
Old 2/22/05, 04:43 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by wsmatau+February 22, 2005, 9:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wsmatau @ February 22, 2005, 9:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-freyke@February 22, 2005, 9:06 AM
That is true, but if they offer you X-plan to get your order, they have to sell at X-plan. They cannot bait and switch. :nono:
[/b][/quote]

This is exactly what my dealer just told me on the phone....i posed a few "for instances" to him and this is what he said:

1. "Is it true that Ford has stopped accepting x-plan on 05 mustangs?"
- NO! It is the dealers option whether or not to honor the x-plan or even the a-plan as they see fit, but we will honor them, we have filled numerous x-plan and a-plan orders all ready.

2. "Is it possible, because a car has been ordered via the x-plan, to have the priority on that car pushed back to accomodate buyers paying a higher price?"
- NO! Once we submit the order to Ford, we no longer have the ability to affect/change the order, its in Ford's hands when its built."

3. "Its it possible that when a car arrives for a buyer using the x-plan, that that car can be given to a buyer paying a higher price?
- NO! Once the order is sent to Ford, that car/VIN number is assigned to you, with your name on it as the buyer. The onle way it can be sold to someone else is if YOU back out of the deal. Any Dealer that would pull a stunt like that, selling the car you've waited for out from underneath you, should be reported directly to Ford and FIRED!"

This is the dealer i am using, and he's made me feel very comfortable. He know's that i am waiting until May to order, and he remembers my name when I call and has called me a few times just to see how I'm doing. Nice guy, we'll see how he is to deal with once i walk into the showroom with my money.

Brian
Old 2/23/05, 08:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by NolanzDad+February 22, 2005, 8:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NolanzDad @ February 22, 2005, 8:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-icemant180@February 22, 2005, 8:18 AM
Dan,

What Boston area Ford dealer did you originally work with? Who did you end up purchasing from?
[/b][/quote]
NolanzDad - I sent you a PM