Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order: 1/20, Build Date 2/28

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/05, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to update all.... I received my build date of 2/28 this week. I ordered 1/20. Silver GT. I did order 18G, no problem here either. I also ordered through a Fleet Dealer and paid about 200 under invoice with dealer holdback. NOT BRAGGING, just wanted you guys to have some ammo when checking on your orders! I have no idea on how to check the system on my own, the guy i bought it from has been checking weekly for me. So if anyone can tell me how to check on my own i would appreciate it.

For a list of items ordered please see signature
Old 2/16/05, 11:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I received the same build date but it was changed from March 7th to Feb 28.... hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 2/16/05, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Seems like everyone getting build dates is in the south....if I am stateing the re-hashed obvious...sorry.
Old 2/16/05, 12:21 PM
Cobra Member

Not really........ :angry:
Old 2/16/05, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, maybe ford has something against people from Virginia Beach and Iowa..... <_<
Old 2/16/05, 12:24 PM
Cobra Member

Time to look elsewhere Mustang69-05, seriously mid Nov? I ordered end/early December and my car should be here within the week and I should have had it last week but the mixing lot seems to be rather full.
Old 2/16/05, 01:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was originally told March, now the GSM tells me he s/w their regional rep and the car should be here in April. To put a positive spin on it, I'll now have more $$ to put down since I'll have my tax refund by then and there'll be little to no more snow/salt around. I just gotta keep telling myself that and I'll be fine...
Old 2/16/05, 01:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Did they really put a Priority of 02 on yours? I thought under 10 was for extreme cases, like totaled in transit, etc. I think those have to be accompanied with reason....?
Maybe that is hanging it up? I dont think a dealer can do that....?
I'll post the quote and source...All good info!

My Priority number stayed at 40.... :scratch:
Old 2/16/05, 01:50 PM
Cobra R Member

I found the quote:

2. Priority Codes. This is listed on the far right upper portion of a DORA. Its also on the dealers print outs of order status. This only applies until a unit is scheudled. Once assigned a VIN this doesn't mean anything anymore.

The codes start at 1 and run to 99. A dealer can only assign between 10 and 99. A 99 order can't be schuduled. I use these for people that tell me to get them a unit on date (later than normal orders take). I put in a 99'd order so I have what they wanted in the system and don't forget about it and then change it to a buildable priority when time comes they're ready for the truck. The region (or other Ford divisions) can prioritize below 10, I've only seen a 01 priority below 10. They do this in the event of something unusuall, most orders never see a priority 01. An example is if they're manually scheduling (like the First F-150 for each dealer, or first year T Birds) or if its something that needs to be urgent (first order destroyed in shipping, etc). Again I normally only see this a few times a year. Also if you do get a priority 01, things usually get scheduled fast even if you have some hard to get commodites (but not hold items). More on commodities later. I believe that the under 10 prioritys go first through the allocation system.

Other priorities are to organize what order the dealer wants the trucks in. These only affect that dealer and have no bearing on other dealers. If a dealer only uses 50 or higher, another dealer that starts at 10 won't get his trucks any sooner. This system is to orginze the order so they are "in a row" for scheduling. That way in the first pass of scheduling they only look at 1 truck per dealer, then on second pass look at 2nd one. Regardless of what the number actually is. If 50's the lowest at dealer a and 10's my lowest, they are both in the first pass, and are equal to each other.

More than one order can have the same priority. If this happens they system looks at order types and then order date. Retails take priority over stock and oldest takes priority. For example:

order 1234 Retail order date 9/3/03
order 4321 Retail order date 5/5/03
order 5555 Stock order date 4/4/03
The Retail orders take priority. and then oldest order comes first. So the system would look at these in this order:
Order 4321 because its the oldest retail at this priority
order 1234 2nd as its a retail
order 5555 being a stock order its 2nd despite order date.

Also Priority can override stock,retail or order date. If a retail is priority 20 and a stock is 19, the stock tries to scheudle first, the retail and date thing only applies to orders with the same priority number.

So the big thing I want everyone to know is don't get too worried if your not a priority 01 as this is very rare, also don't worry if your not at priority 10, I start my retail ordes at 20 so I've got some room if something comes up that I need to prioritize under my current orders I can.

On Fleet orders, none of this priority stuff applies. The priority codes are to control build date and are a letter and a number that corespond to a build month and week. This isn't to get stuff quicker but actually slower. Often fleets will order in January and not want the units for a few months. I can order so it can't be built until later so it will arrive in time but not overly early. Fleet units don't compete with retail or stock at all for scheduling as fleet comes out of their own pool and not from a dealers allocation.

Ref: http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthrea...t=priority+code
Old 2/16/05, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for posting that! It answered a few of my questions that I didn't want to bother anybody with.