Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opening all windows with key fob??

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/07, 04:00 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opening all windows with key fob??

Hey all. I came across an online pdf of the 2005 mustang owners manual. When I was reading through the Locks and Security section when I stumbled over the "Opening all windows" sub heading. For those scrambling for a copy, here's a link: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/techa...5MustangOM.pdf

Anyway, after reading this I went and got my owner's manual and this particular "open all windows" section is completely missing. I also tried this on my 07 to no avail. It didn't work. My question is for those of you that have an 05 that this works for, is there some way to activate this feature or was this only in production on the 05 models and not the 07's?? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 2/20/07, 04:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I believe there was some sort of convenience package that you had to have to make that work. From what I understand it caused some problems, too.
Old 2/20/07, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I remember correctly, this was called the "global windows"... But I got an '05 V6 (January 05), and it doesn't have that feature...
Old 2/20/07, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car has this has. Its done by holding down the unlock button for a few seconds. Im pretty sure this feature was taken out due to problems it was causing.
Old 2/20/07, 04:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes. This was a function that was available with your car IF you bought the factory security system. Unfortunately, they had a bug in the code that could cause the windows to go down by them selves at random, so they disabled the feature in software for all cars made after around Feb 2005 and then removed the feature completely for cars made after around May 2005.

In stead of fixing the problem and reenabling them for all '05s and up, they just left it disabled and dropped the option. Stupid Ford.

And yes, read my sig...
Old 2/20/07, 05:53 PM
V6 Member

I have this option on my 05gt,I have never had a problem with it . You can also roll up both windows by putting your key in the drivers door and turning it to the right and holding it there till the windows go up.
Old 2/20/07, 07:34 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Everything you ever wanted to know about "Global Windows":
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=19105

I had mine reactivated and LOVE the feature. It's the only reason I got the Active Anti-Theft system so I would have pretty ticked off if it didn't work.
Old 2/20/07, 08:53 PM
V6 Member

Active anti-theft had a feature in 05' that would roll your windows up when arming the alarm. Feature has been removed due to liability reasons according to Ford. It's why I bought my anti-theft system on my 06 to begin with and was pretty ****ed when they told me it wouldn't be activated.
Old 2/20/07, 08:54 PM
V6 Member

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Interesting how ford decided to scrap the idea rather than make it work. I thought it would be a nice feature on a warm summer day, or even in the evening for that matter.
Old 2/20/07, 09:09 PM
Cobra R Member

my brother works for symantec in the programming dept, and he developed a fix for mine doing some patch work on the coding software that he found for the 05's, if anyones interested pm and I can send you a copy for this fix
Old 2/20/07, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have an 05 that was built in 12/04 and I still have that feature on my car. Never had a problem with it
Old 2/21/07, 12:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RRRoamer
Yes. This was a function that was available with your car IF you bought the factory security system. Unfortunately, they had a bug in the code that could cause the windows to go down by them selves at random, so they disabled the feature in software for all cars made after around Feb 2005 and then removed the feature completely for cars made after around May 2005.

In stead of fixing the problem and reenabling them for all '05s and up, they just left it disabled and dropped the option. Stupid Ford.

And yes, read my sig...

I second that... stupid Ford. Yeah, let's just disable it instead of fixing it. Lame.
Old 2/21/07, 01:26 AM
Cobra R Member

I had a bunch of trouble w/my global windows feature rolling my windows down at random & so I took my car in and had them disable it and no problems since. I would have been major upset if the windows went down during a rain storm when my car was parked and I was unaware. It was a nice little trick feature if it worked right all the time, but it wasn't worth the risk IMO to leave it active..... On another note: when I took the car in to have global windows disabled, the tech and ford motor company couldn't decide for sure whether that was the culprit, so they ordered an Rek Module (whatever that is). Well, this was over a month and a half ago that I had the global feature disabled and I have not had a problem since. The service dept. called me yesterday and said that the Rek Module is there and waiting for me to schedule an appt. to have it put in. I am thinking about not having it put in since my problem appears to be gone, and seems to be directly related to the global feature active or deactivated. I kind of want to "Let a sleeping dog lie" and not have a new Rek Module put in when it was just a stab in the dark on their diagnosis anyway. What would you all do?
Old 2/21/07, 03:51 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by RRRoamer
Funny, isn't it, that other manufacturers can easily figure out how to make global windows work, but Ford couldn't.

Wait, I smell bean counters.

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
my brother works for symantec in the programming dept, and he developed a fix for mine doing some patch work on the coding software that he found for the 05's, if anyones interested pm and I can send you a copy for this fix
Sort of says it all right there, doesn't it?
Old 2/21/07, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Mazda, Lincoln and Volvo all have this feature... so it's ridiculous that Ford couldn't get it working on the Mustang when it works in their other brands.

My car was built RIGHT after they switched to the SJBs that could not be reactivated. Oh well, I guess it's better than having the windows open randomly.