2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

an open letter to Mr Nissan 240z

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/07, 06:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05RedGT
Don't ever hit big cardboard boxes in the road - a friend of mine did that thinking it must be empty - there was a dishwasher in the box.
Old 6/7/07, 07:40 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JeffD
for those in tampa- this is where 275 and i4 meet (coming from the howard frankland side) and was the far right lane that ends
Malfunction Junction strikes back! Seriously though, the crap that gets lost on the highways sure can become major road hazzards. I wish people would tie their junk down.
Old 6/7/07, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Twisted_Reality
Malfunction Junction strikes back! Seriously though, the crap that gets lost on the highways sure can become major road hazzards. I wish people would tie their junk down.
+100000000

i was going over the HF bridge a few months back when a tire and rim were bouncing towards me. it was almost like an SAT question.

jeff was going eastbound at 80mph. a truck tire was bouncing westbound at 30mph. how hard did jeff pucker up and ride the brakes while the tire bounced from the center lane to his lane and finally over the side of the bridge?
Old 6/7/07, 10:35 AM
Cobra Member

am I supposed to answer that question, Jeff? or was it rhetorical?
Old 6/7/07, 10:56 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
The only thing I've ever seen on the road was an aluminum ladder! It was a long time ago, and I wasn't driving. Five minutes later, the traffic announcer on the radio was telling people to watch out for a ladder in the middle of the road!
Old 6/7/07, 11:28 AM

Talk about road hazards... my biggest pet pieve... are people who insist on smoking in their cars on the highway and flicking the bud out of the car. While they never pay attention to where it goes its hitting my hood and sending a hunder little red buds flying all over my car. This has happened numorous times
Old 6/7/07, 12:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by clintoris
am I supposed to answer that question, Jeff? or was it rhetorical?
Old 6/7/07, 12:35 PM
GT Member

Ah..the joys of driving in Atlanta!

Originally Posted by neil07gt
Once in rush hour traffic on I-285, in my F150, I ran into one of those fiberglass corrugated roofing panels. It was about an 8' sheet. It was laying flat when the van infront of me ran over it. The air pressure of the van passing over it made the sheet stand up in the road. I couldn't change lanes to avoid it. I was doing about 60mph when I hit it. The force of the impact made it wrap around the front end of my truck. The wind kept it stuck on the front of my truck covering part of the hood and obscurring part of the windshield. I imagine it looked pretty silly from everyone else point of view with this huge sheet of fiberglass stuck to my truck. I happened to be approaching an exit. I calmly got over and made the exit. When I came to a stop, it fell off and away from my truck since there was no more wind force to hold it on anymore. It slightly scratched the clearcoat on my hood but no other damage. As I drove away, I thought man that was kinda cool!
I hear you! Once I was driving along 75 and I saw this huge thing kind of floating in the air...then it starts to descend from above...as I am approaching I realize that it is a truck bed liner! Suddenly you start doing the calculation:

6 lanes of traffic going 80mph..chaos about to erupt with slamming of brakes...how fast is it coming down? Is it going to be in my lane? Is my life insurance paid up?
Old 6/7/07, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
The only thing I've ever seen on the road was an aluminum ladder! It was a long time ago, and I wasn't driving. Five minutes later, the traffic announcer on the radio was telling people to watch out for a ladder in the middle of the road!
It seems like there is a report of a ladder in the road at least once a day in Atlanta. The painters stack ladders 10 high on top of their vans.
Old 6/7/07, 01:28 PM
GT Member

This reminds me of when i was driving down I-90 going to O'hare airport and their was a big red pillow that was just sitting in the middle lane. i was in the far right lane and some construction worker was trying to get it off the highway. I slow down to 45 because thats the law in Illinois when seeing construction workers. He gets out of his truck and i start getting all freaked out cuz hes not even looking back at my car. Without even turning his head he just starts walking across my lane. I had to swerve between the middle lane and my lane just to miss him. Couldeve gotten 10 years prison and $15,000 fine if i had hit him.
Old 6/7/07, 03:45 PM
GT Member

About 7 years ago I rented a new Mustang to drive down to Florida in. I was on I75 near Atlanta in the left lane when the car in front of me suddenly swerves to avoid hitting what was practically an entire exhaust system. There was a car right next to me and another right on my tail. I had no choice but to run it over thinking 'thank God this isn't my car'!
Old 6/7/07, 04:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JeffD
yeah - i had thought about getting around the truck (passing on the right to the lane that ends). its not worth driving like a jacka$$ in rush hour traffic.

i was truly surprised how the cooler tore up the front of the car. i could see his radiator support and the fender was either digging into his tire or the tire had blown - but you could see parts of the suspension. i checked my car to make sure he didnt hit it into the tail end of me..

Believe me, I know from experience: 240Z's are made of really thin sheetmetal.
Old 6/8/07, 07:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Twisted_Reality
Yesterday I was transporting a lexus from orlando to tampa with a friend of mine. He was in front of me in a chrysler 300 srt-8 and i was following. Out of nowhere this guy walks into our lane, holds his hand up and starts sweeping the road. When we finally got moving we saw he had dropped a wooden crate in the middle of the road at 80 mph. This was right before I-75 on I-4.
Old 6/8/07, 07:54 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mustangkid18
This was right before I-75 on I-4.
Man I hate I-4. Too bad I have to take it almost every freakin weekend. But I will say its not as bad as it was before they put the center barricades up. Before that it seemed like there was a fatal head on pretty much every other week somewhere in Hillsborough or Polk.... But for a straight stretch of road, there sure are a lot of idiots smashing into each other.
Old 6/8/07, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Knight
LOL thats funny.

reminds me of a time i hit a sofa on the highway.
Reminds me of the time I hit a dog house on the Interstate with my Cavalier.

...and

Reminds me of the time I hit a Deer on the Interstate with my Mustang. Still wish I could have found that dang deer however.