2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

OMG - It's BUILT!

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/04, 12:36 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just talked to my brother - I have my VIN# now and not only that, my GT was due to be built this week (build date of 12/6) - just found out it was ALREADY built!!

Last week on 12/1 - whoa, my car and I have the same birthday !! How freaky/cool is that?!?!

I am SO excited - its apparently due to be put on a train tonight or tomorrow morning - how the heck am I supposed to concentrate on work for the rest of the day now?

Anyway, just wanted to share some good news!!!

(I'll save the Dancing Nanners for when I actually go to pick it up....)
Old 12/7/04, 12:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats awesome

i have the same bday as this stripper i met....
Old 12/7/04, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

actually i didnt...but she did have big ***** and clear heels..didnt really listen to what she said
=p
Old 12/7/04, 01:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Burke 0011, got a couple of questions for you if you don,t mind answering them?

1. Did you just recieve the VIN today or did your brother have it for a while and he just now told you?
2. When did you order?

Sorry man I'm desperate. I ordered 10/15 and haven't heard anything but my dealer swears he think's it will be here by Christmas. I 'm just looking for a false sense of hope. :bang:
Old 12/7/04, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ryan, what were your options? Bleakley has a Black GT in stock right now.

Jason
Old 12/7/04, 02:13 PM
FR500 Member

Hey Burke, Welcome to the most excruciating part of the wait....I was cool up to now! When JessicaRabbit got hers last week, I about lost it. Her car and my car were built the same day, yet somehow she got hers last week in L.A.

Mine is on a rail car with another RedfireGT with ICAP that's going to my dealer. Plant ETA is Friday, ETA from the transporter is

I've been carrying my new "Cobra" lighter around hoping it would bring me luck....maybe I'll keep it at home tommorow
Old 12/7/04, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man I feel for all of you out west waiting for your Mustangs. I was lucky and got mine 1 week after it was built. shipped Convoy/Indiana
You will be amazed once you get your car though. I told my GF that it's like waking up on Christmas morning as a kid, only to realize it's not today but another week away
Old 12/7/04, 02:37 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by hauss1@December 7, 2004, 2:45 PM
Hey Burke 0011, got a couple of questions for you if you don,t mind answering them?

1. Did you just recieve the VIN today or did your brother have it for a while and he just now told you?
2. When did you order?

Sorry man I'm desperate. I ordered 10/15 and haven't heard anything but my dealer swears he think's it will be here by Christmas. I 'm just looking for a false sense of hope. :bang:
Ryan, no don't mind at all. B)
My brother is the one on the front lines for all this - we ordered through a family member who works for FORD (who I didn't even know about until maybe 2 months ago). So I am getting it with the current Ford employee plan (A Plan?...). My order was placed 11/4 if I remember right.

I believe the person who placed the order has had the VIN for a little bit, but we only caught up with them communication-wise TODAY so we only found out today what it was.

Trust me, I feel your desperation bro - over the past few weeks, reading all the posts and seeing all the great pics of the awesome cars everyone has been getting has been TOUGH. Maybe someone here on the fourm can give you a better update about your order using your VIN #?.... (or do you have one yet?..)

What kind of Pony did you order?.....
Old 12/7/04, 02:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Radman@December 7, 2004, 2:59 PM
Ryan, what were your options? Bleakley has a Black GT in stock right now.

Jason
I ordered a Black GT loaded minus the auto trans., upgrade wheels , and spoiler delete.
Old 12/7/04, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Burke0011+December 7, 2004, 3:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Burke0011 @ December 7, 2004, 3:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hauss1@December 7, 2004, 2:45 PM

2. When did you order?

My brother is the one on the front lines for all this - we ordered through a family member who works for FORD (who I didn't even know about until maybe 2 months ago). So I am getting it with the current Ford employee plan (A Plan?...). My order was placed 11/4 if I remember right.

I believe the person who placed the order has had the VIN for a little bit, but we only caught up with them communication-wise TODAY so we only found out today what it was.

Trust me, I feel your desperation bro - over the past few weeks, reading all the posts and seeing all the great pics of the awesome cars everyone has been getting has been TOUGH. Maybe someone here on the fourm can give you a better update about your order using your VIN #?.... (or do you have one yet?..)

What kind of Pony did you order?..... [/b][/quote]
I still don't have a VIN unfortunately. But I ordered a Black GT loaded, no spoiler and bullit wheels. But I live right outside of Atlanta so could I borrow yours when you get it til mine comes in.lol.
Old 12/7/04, 02:46 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by SixtySix@December 7, 2004, 3:16 PM
Hey Burke, Welcome to the most excruciating part of the wait....I was cool up to now! When JessicaRabbit got hers last week, I about lost it. Her car and my car were built the same day, yet somehow she got hers last week in L.A.

Mine is on a rail car with another RedfireGT with ICAP that's going to my dealer. Plant ETA is Friday, ETA from the transporter is

I've been carrying my new "Cobra" lighter around hoping it would bring me luck....maybe I'll keep it at home tommorow
Tony - thanks for the feedback - I enjoy reading your posts!

It's funny - last week I was jonesing hard, and then that finally subsided and although I am getting lcose, I was sort of okay - UNTIL I found out the thing actually EXISTED now as a whole car you know? And its just waiting for a train ride down towards my way.....

Needless to say, my afternoon has seen me all twisted up again nerve-wise.... neat about the lighter - I am hoping the birthday cooincidence is a good omen.

All I know is my NOAH car cover arrived yesterday, my Zaino kit should be waiting for me tonight or tomorrow latest at the house, and I had a bunch of leftover vacation days from work, so I have off from the 24th, through Janaury 3rd - now all I need is my Pony!!

I move in to a new place come January and tailored my WHOLE search around the fact that I needed a nice big garage for the Dark Knight to sleep in - dragged out my search a lot longer than I wanted - BUT I have a nice roomy attached garage in a 3 year old apartment/townhouse development so me and my ride will be happy. B)

Being my first brand new Mustang ever, I don't mind the pampering.
Old 12/7/04, 02:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Hey Burke, cheer up there, huh?
Old 12/7/04, 02:50 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by hauss1+December 7, 2004, 3:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hauss1 @ December 7, 2004, 3:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Burke0011@December 7, 2004, 3:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hauss1
@December 7, 2004, 2:45 PM

2. When did you order?

What kind of Pony did you order?.....
I still don't have a VIN unfortunately. But I ordered a Black GT loaded, no spoiler and bullit wheels. But I live right outside of Atlanta so could I borrow yours when you get it til mine comes in.lol. [/b][/quote]
Well I sure would like to help you out - but I am not sure I will be able to pry myself out of the driver seat once the darn thing arrives!!!!

Actually, I do head up to Atlanta every year around Oct with a few friends for a two-day concert that's held at a small venue downtown on Peachtree Street - ever heard of the Earthlink Live venue?......
Old 12/7/04, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah man I know about the Earth Link Venue. Maybe next time your up this way we can get those GT's out on 75/85 and see what those GT's can do.