2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Officially not special anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/05, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MustangDan@May 14, 2005, 9:15 AM
Mustangs are very very rare up north, you see twice as many i one day than I have seen total.
I know that one. At the most on my regular daily driving I see a V6 torch (some 30 something chick that feels compelled to smoke in her new pony! ) that takes the same route I do.

Beyond that outside of the ponies on the lots (which is no more then 1 on two different dealership lots out here) I've seen a grand total of:

1 GT Windveil
1 V6 Torch
2 V6 MG
1 V6 Windveil (Vert)
1 V6 Screaming Yellow
1 GT Legend Lime

That's about it. One day I saw three and two were being test driven.
Old 5/16/05, 06:35 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Eleanor the third sold today.....

And on the way home from my Moms I saw a new WB six.

Sighhhhhhh....

I have noticed the GT drivers are also a LOT friendlier than the other vsix drivers out there.
Old 5/16/05, 10:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I normally give all Mustangs a wave and generally get one back and today we did a 69 fastback and he waved first , Dad the front of his car looks just like yours kinda.
Old 5/17/05, 07:25 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

There is a little Torch red look what Mommy bought me who buzzes through my neighborhood to pick up her friends like a bat out of hades when I am taking my daughter to school....Every morning Ellie has to eat grass to avoid this girls driving in England at 50 in a 20.

On my morning commute the whole 4 miles to school: I usually see a black and a silver six. And I pass the Green Gt. Occasionally the MG gt joins the mix. Hard to be special with that many in a big nest.
Old 5/17/05, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

That is so WRONG to speed Especially in a SCHOOL zone or Res , I have always had it set upstairs to maintain ones cool when doing so or else someonw just may be real excited to get to the play ground or be right behind the bouncing ball ! My Stance on it. Kids & People first !
Old 5/17/05, 08:58 AM

Silly Silly Silly girl you are April!! Did you really think NO-ONE else was going to buy a 2005 Mustang in your area????
If you really want to buy a car that no-one else has and to be "officially-special" than go get a Aztec or a Yugo!!!!
Geeezzzz! Get over yourself and your fauxbra Ronaele
Old 5/17/05, 09:02 AM
GT Member

I live in the sticks and in my area there are several V6's and a couple V6 Verts and I've seen a few other GTs... 2 black... one a FAKE Shelby who totally tries to pass it off as real , Yellow w/ mineral gray painted stripes (a good friend of mine) and a Performance white. So far, mine is the only GT Vert out there that I've seen. Nashville of course is probably a different story although I've yet to see one on the road.
Old 5/17/05, 12:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by The Mod Squad@May 17, 2005, 9:01 AM
Silly Silly Silly girl you are April!! Did you really think NO-ONE else was going to buy a 2005 Mustang in your area????
If you really want to buy a car that no-one else has and to be "officially-special" than go get a Aztec or a Yugo!!!!
Geeezzzz! Get over yourself and your fauxbra Ronaele
You... be good.... :nono:

because.
Old 5/17/05, 12:53 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

All right All right.
I confess.
I never thought Eleanor would be the only one out there. I know WAY better than that. Although, I would betcha a million shes the most loved, in reality, she is just one of many.
Its just a freaking shock to see so many concentrated in one little area, and when I travel out of it to never see another. Its like a giant mustang nest.
Old 5/17/05, 03:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

You want to be rare, move to Cleveland. I only see at most 1 05 a week. Only seen one yellow, once in January - didn't catch whether it was a v6 or GT, it was downtown and turned a corner and went behind the buildings before I really saw it, just noticed it out of the corner of my eye.

The weather isn't that bad, only 9 months of grey skies, colder average January temperature than Juneau, Alaska, and more partly cloudy skies than Seattle. See its not that bad.
Old 5/17/05, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

The warm weather is finally here in Alberta and the Mustangs are now coming out of hibernation. Seeing lots of V6's on the street and at the dealers but far fewer GT's. GT owners will wave at each other but it seems like V6 owners ignore the greetings. Maybe they think the GT guy is just trying to brag or gloat - I don't know.
Old 5/17/05, 06:42 PM
Cobra Member

I was driving to a friend's house the other day and spotted a Torch Red v6, I gave him the thumbs up and he did the same. That was the first time I've actually gotten a reaction back from another '05 owner on the road.
Old 5/17/05, 08:11 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My coolest moment ever-
Coming home from the big show back in April- Driving down the interstate talking to my hubby on the phone(letting him know my ETA) and there was a white vert in front of me..Hes waving at something... Odd.
So I go pass him, he looks over and gives me a huge thumbs up. I liked that.

Go up north for celeb moments- I felt famous on my road trip.
Old 5/17/05, 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Its ok April! Your Ellie will always be special
Old 5/21/05, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 17, 2005, 11:56 AM
All right All right.
I confess.
I never thought Eleanor would be the only one out there. I know WAY better than that. Although, I would betcha a million shes the most loved, in reality, she is just one of many.
Its just a freaking shock to see so many concentrated in one little area, and when I travel out of it to never see another. Its like a giant mustang nest.
okay, so you bought the first yellow Mustang in your area and...even though you say you expected it would happen...you're not happy that Eleanor isn't as popular anymore since others are on the road in your area.

In my case I had been reading the boards for several months before I got my car in December and saw how people were getting lots of and when driving their Mustangs...and people coming up and talking to them everytime they stopped. But when my car finally arrived I would look around at other people to see if their was any reactions to my car, and in most cases their wasn't...and to be honest it didn't bother me then, and it still doesn't that the or factor is not there.

As for the number of Mustangs in the area...I saw a Sonic Blue GT Vert in the area I work, and passed a Sonic Blue 6 on the freeway yesterday, and I have seen lots of other 05's on the road (all colors) since I got mine.
I knew it was going to happen (lots of 05's on the road) since it's a popular car.
Old 5/21/05, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 17, 2005, 12:56 PM
All right All right.
I confess.
How's about me I live on Vancouver Island and there are now Four Per White GT's and One V6 also white and today twelve more came in to be rental cars geesuss we been flooded here pretty soon I'll have no room to galope so I'll have to move to the wide open areas ?
Old 5/22/05, 12:04 AM

I love seeing other 05s on the road (tonight I took a lap around a block so I could get a second long, slow look at a Sonic GT with white stripes, yum) - I can't see mine while I'm driving, so I'm happy seeing anybody else's.

I don't like the celebrity factor, either - I'm remodeling a house and have to drive around filthy, sweaty, and un-made-up sometimes, and really don't feel like being the 05 spokesperson at the drive-through bank, heh.

Only one person's ever returned a wave & thumbs-up, though. I think TMS set my camaraderie-meter higher than is realistic.

~Bel

too lazy to do a sig
Old 5/22/05, 10:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ladies and gentlemen:
I have now turned it from pessimist to a sport! How many can I spot in a day. My record stands at 11-not counting the jillion WB sixes for sale at my dealer.

Yesterday I saw something odd that actually looked good- a MG six with GOLD striping. For those in Bama, I was coming off Lorna Road, to turn left onto 31, and they were coming from 150 to turn right onto 31.

Of course I also saw a torch,sonic, couplea gts.......and the Hertz fleet.
Old 5/22/05, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 22, 2005, 11:22 AM
My record stands at 11-not counting the jillion WB sixes for sale at my dealer.
Ah, that must be why nobody waves back - I'm driving a WB six!
Old 5/22/05, 11:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 17, 2005, 2:56 PM
All right All right.
I confess.
Your car will always be special to you because it's yours!!!

Quick Reply: Officially not special anymore!