Search this Thread

Old 5/14/05, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theres a handfull of 05 6ers up here in Grand Forks
Old 5/14/05, 05:34 PM
V6 Member

In Pittsburgh there are quite a few out there. Most are 6's but a few GT's. Kinda surprised to see this many rear wheel drives up this way. But then again there were a ton of older Mustangs even the cheesy 80's versions around too. This town still is in the Mullett and **** star mustache stage so I guess it shouldn't surprise me as much as it did.
Old 5/14/05, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've had mine almost two months now, and FINALLY saw another '05 on the road two days ago, when a black GT passed me in the opposite direction. We both looked at each other in disbelief I think that another one actually exists here in southeastern CT.

I'm sure it won't be long before there will be others here with the nice weather finally here, so I'm enjoying the celebrity status while it lasts...
Old 5/15/05, 08:13 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

When I was up in Ct.I felt like a celebrity........

Here's to hoping you continue to be one of a few... Cause that was fun!
Old 5/15/05, 08:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 14, 2005, 4:15 PM
When I wave, she says "Are all Mustang owners freaks like you?" kids...

The best kind of freak sickness, recommended to all!
Old 5/15/05, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 14, 2005, 3:15 PM
... I think my husband is ready to divorce me. Not only do I not mind seeing other 05s, I get all excited.
Uh huh. Getting the same vibe from my wife now...
Old 5/15/05, 03:03 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Maybe I am special...

I started a trend around.
Since Ellie came home I have made a point to park next to another mustang Should another be in the parking lot whereever I go- just for fun.
Yesterday my friend and I went shopping, I sought out a yellow 04.When I came out Ellie and the yellow had had babies, and two more were parked around us.

Today I parked down away, I needed flowers.......I came out of the store and had a torch 05 six(a second for me, Friday night I actually got to seek out another 05 to park next to), Grey cobra, red vert, red coupe and white coupe parked around me.

They apparently get together and go on dates when their owners are shopping.
Old 5/15/05, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

just dont park next to me!!
Old 5/15/05, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't expect your 05 to be rare or special. Right now I'm lucky there is only one other vert and maybe one or 2 gts and a few v6's in the area around me, but at 25k for 300 HP icon and 20k for a 200 HP icon you'll see a whole ton of them in the next few years--there just to cool looking.

If you want something rare get a GTO
Old 5/15/05, 08:31 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by JZInternet@May 15, 2005, 5:53 PM
Don't expect your 05 to be rare or special. Right now I'm lucky there is only one other vert and maybe one or 2 gts and a few v6's in the area around me, but at 25k for 300 HP icon and 20k for a 200 HP icon you'll see a whole ton of them in the next few years--there just to cool looking.
If you want something rare get a GTO
When big ole pink hogs fly!

Old 5/15/05, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 15, 2005, 7:34 PM
When big ole pink hogs fly!

With April's luck She would buy a GTO and everyone else would do the same thing
Old 5/15/05, 10:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think I'd feel safer if I parked next to another Mustang. At least then I would know they respect the car.
Old 5/16/05, 12:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Well if'n ther be too many , then its time to look fot a Shelby GT 500 when we go on Holidays next month, maybe give my car to Arin and hes always worried about doing stupid things ?
Old 5/16/05, 05:21 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I had to prove my specialness yesterday. As I was pulling out of my mothers, there were no cars. As I pulled out, a carload of morons in a SUV come barreling out of nowhere....I had to see what she could do to keep from dying. I succeeded.

Mustang owners have more respect than other owners, so you know some idiot in a big ole schoolbus won't be dinging your doors.

And I guess imitation is the best form of flattery But still I don't like being imitated.

The sonic coulda been from the car dealer who asked where my ponies came from cause they wanted some for their cars. Hades- I got them from my hubby at the world of wheels!

I betcha if we get a charger instead of a Tungsten 06- they will be covered in the roads here
Old 5/16/05, 05:41 AM
Cobra R Member

gabriel05

But then again there were a ton of older Mustangs even the cheesy 80's versions around too. This town still is in the Mullett and **** star mustache stage so I guess it shouldn't surprise me as much as it did.
Picking on my hometown!!!

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Old 5/16/05, 08:20 AM
V6 Member

"Then I pass my black Gt Friend going back........PLUS the sonic again"

I think I know the day you are taking about,(on warrior rd) you did not look to happy, must have been all the mustangs sighting. You are right, around our area mustangs are like a--holes, everybody's got one!
Old 5/16/05, 08:43 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by MINO4.6@May 16, 2005, 8:23 AM
"Then I pass my black Gt Friend going back........PLUS the sonic again"

I think I know the day you are taking about,(on warrior rd) you did not look to happy, must have been all the mustangs sighting. You are right, around our area mustangs are like a--holes, everybody's got one!
I was dropping my kid off, and had 10,000 things to do when I got home like get dressed and get the men dressed. PLUS I saw too many cars like mine Friday :bang: On the way to Patton Creek.
Old 5/16/05, 09:58 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So far I have only seen 2 GT's and 1 v6 in my area. I wave to them all but 1 of the GT owners gives me a dirty look all the time, rude bugger. So one day I pulled up to him and said "How do you like your car?" He gives me a dirty look. So I say "You no speaka da english?" Light turns green, he floors it so I pass him. Next red light I say "Buddy, are you not happy with your car". He says "You have the same car, why do you think yours is better than mine?" I said "I never said that, I asked how you liked yours. Aparently you think mine is better than yours, oh, looks like the kids on the street corner do to." I gave him the thumbs up as the light turned green and drove off.

I still don't understand why mustang owners hate other mustang owners.
Old 5/16/05, 10:45 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its gotten to the point that down here, I see a V6 at least once, usually twice a day, for sure. Its scary to me now that I am seeing htem so often (considering back in October when I first developed 'Gecko vision' <the fine art of being able to drive with one eye looking ahead at traffic and the other watching the oncoming lanes looking for that distinctive 05 nose> seeing an 05 of any flavor was like spotting Bigfoot!)

GTs have upped from about once a week to sometimes two or three a week.

The funniest things is like John said - the attitudes you sometimes run into. I guess we are spoiled with friendly folks on this site.

The last two times I have ended up next a an 05 in traffic (V6s) the drivers completely ignored me - when all I am trying to do is compliment them on their car. I find guys in the 99-2004 era Stang seem to have an attitude alot of the time as well - like the 05 came along to supplant their cars or something?

(The exception to that rule are the two COBRAS I have ended up next to and both guys gave me the headnod of respect. The guy with the Black 2001 Bullitt I ended up next to was SUPER cool)

About a month ago some guy and his girlfiend in a silver vert (maybe a 2001 or so) who had had some kinda mods done (exhaust sounded nice) ends up behind me on my way home from work. He's tailing me through heavy traffic, following my moves and we finally end up at a light together. I look over to give him the thumbs up and he's got his sunglasses up on his forehead and he's completely ignoring me. Revs it as bit as the green comes and as we head out as the light turns green. He's obviously pacing me and taking the opportunities to show me his Pony has kick (rev rev) but totally giving me the cold shoulder. So traffic thins out to nothing and the stop light I have to turn right at is about 1/2 mile down the road. So he comes up quick next to me to pass to front on me again - okay enough. I dropped a gear, leaned on it and left him in my dust.
Old 5/16/05, 10:53 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya, the biggest attitude I get is from owners of 99-2004 era. I find owners prior to that model love my car. Perhaps jealousy has a lot to do with it.

Quick Reply: Officially not special anymore!