2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Obsessive Fans

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/04, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by klous+October 20, 2004, 11:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (klous @ October 20, 2004, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ron9@October 20, 2004, 11:35 AM
I got the same kinds of things one time. I bought the first step side (sport side) Silverado that hit Kansas City. It was bright red and I had cool wheels on it the next day. People went nutz lol.

The guy at the ATM was inconsiderate by accident - he just was not seeing your side of it.
There is no such thing as inconsiderate by accident.

inconsiderate: careless of the rights or feelings of others

People are either mindful of the rights or feelings of others or they are not.

Any action you take that is not mindful of rights or feelings of other is inconsiderate. [/b][/quote]
I completely disagree with the "inconsiderate isn't an accident" theory. I think the word inconsiderate by definition mandates an accident. They failed to consider. If they considered the discomfort it caused you and did it anyway, it wouldn't be an accident or for that matter inconsiderate. It would be just plain wrong. In this case it sounds like it wasn't on purpose, they just didn't think about it. It certainly doesn't make borish behavior ok, acceptable or even cool. But, it is different than someone setting out to crowd you, make you nervous..... That would be on purpose (the opposite of on accident)

Then again I'm probably WRONG.....I'm married you know.
Old 10/20/04, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats man Picked up mine today too B) Did'nt drive too much ( Weather is awful) but got a lot of rubberneckers. Have some fun, don't lose too much sleep on it B)
Old 10/20/04, 07:52 PM
V6 Member

Congrats klos, never really tought to much about the attention it would attract. Guess I'll know what to expect when I take mine to the local track B)
Old 10/20/04, 08:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by eric n+October 20, 2004, 7:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (eric n @ October 20, 2004, 7:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by klous@October 20, 2004, 11:38 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron9
@October 20, 2004, 11:35 AM
I got the same kinds of things one time. I bought the first step side (sport side) Silverado that hit Kansas City. It was bright red and I had cool wheels on it the next day. People went nutz lol.

The guy at the ATM was inconsiderate by accident - he just was not seeing your side of it.

There is no such thing as inconsiderate by accident.

People are either mindful of the rights or feelings of others or they are not.

Any action you take that is not mindful of rights or feelings of other is inconsiderate.
I completely disagree with the "inconsiderate isn't an accident" theory. I think the word inconsiderate by definition mandates an accident. They failed to consider. If they considered the discomfort it caused you and did it anyway, it wouldn't be an accident or for that matter inconsiderate. It would be just plain wrong. In this case it sounds like it wasn't on purpose, they just didn't think about it. It certainly doesn't make borish behavior ok, acceptable or even cool. But, it is different than someone setting out to crowd you, make you nervous..... That would be on purpose (the opposite of on accident)

Then again I'm probably WRONG.....I'm married you know. [/b][/quote]
Webster defines inconsiderate as

This would mean any action that is careless of the rights or feelings of others be that action deliberate or accidental is inconsiderate.

For example lets say Im driving down the road, I change lanes withour looking cutting someone off. I have been inconsiderate by default, I did nothing to make sure I was not careless of the rights or feelings of another.

Same example Im driving down the road, I go to change lanes I see the vehicle but cut him off anyways. I have now deliberatly been inconsiderate.

In both hypothetical situations I was inconsiderate due to an action or lack of action on my part, which cannot be considered an accident.
Old 10/20/04, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ace0215+October 20, 2004, 12:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace0215 @ October 20, 2004, 12:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-97svtgoin05gt@October 20, 2004, 11:14 AM
What if the person following you home is 5' 1" FEMALE, hot and a huge Mustang fan??

I would do the nana dance [/b][/quote]
What if she followed you into the john?