2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Obsessive Fans

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/04, 12:39 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you have become a celeberty for the next couple months. That is the same stuff they go though. They like the attention, but when they want to be left alone, they still get attention.
Old 10/20/04, 12:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by klous@October 20, 2004, 12:38 PM

There is no such thing as inconsiderate by accident.

inconsiderate: careless of the rights or feelings of others

People are either mindful of the rights or feelings of others or they are not.

Any action you take that is not mindful of rights or feelings of other is inconsiderate.
Ok, how about a different term then.

Inconsiderate with no intended malice.

You've got to understand, it can be difficult to sympathize with you when there are many of us that really want this car and can't afford it. Something like this just seems like a very minor concern when you are driving someone's dream car.
Old 10/20/04, 01:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The thing is, everyone is different, we all don't think the same when it comes to boundries. So, approach with caution and remember there are some crazy people out there who can afford an 05GT and they might get a tad jumpy if someone follows them home.
Old 10/20/04, 01:01 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know what you mean. Although I don't have my 05 yet, all of my vehicles have been modded in some way. I can't count the number of times I go out to my car to find a hand print, forehead print, or the ever famous nose print on the side window from someone trying to look into the car. A lot of people out there do not respect other people's property which stinks.
Sure a lot of people will look at my car when I get it and that is expected, heck, I sure hope they look but I think I will lose it if I come out and finding someone leaning against it. You can look at my car, just don't even think about touching it, let alone breathing on it
Old 10/20/04, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BLAKE+October 20, 2004, 12:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLAKE @ October 20, 2004, 12:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-klous@October 20, 2004, 12:38 PM

There is no such thing as inconsiderate by accident.

inconsiderate: careless of the rights or feelings of others

People are either mindful of the rights or feelings of others or they are not.

Any action you take that is not mindful of rights or feelings of other is inconsiderate.
Ok, how about a different term then.

Inconsiderate with no intended malice.

You've got to understand, it can be difficult to sympathize with you when there are many of us that really want this car and can't afford it. Something like this just seems like a very minor concern when you are driving someone's dream car. [/b][/quote]
PM me next time you goto the ATM, I'll hire a tattooed biker to stand two feet behind you and watch you put in your PIN number.

Like I said, I can understand being excited about seeing my car, heck Im excited about seeing my car. It's my Dream car. Two days ago If I had seen a person driving a 2005 Mustang I might have approached them in a parking lot to talk to them about their car.

But there are boundaries and In my opinion the two situations I wrote of these people clearly crossed them.
Old 10/20/04, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Buy a GTO and you won't have this problem.
Old 10/20/04, 02:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by klous@October 20, 2004, 10:01 AM
\
I expect my next encounter will be something like the following.

I will be in public at a Restaurant or Gas station and go to the Restroom. I'll walk up to one of the urinals and the moment I start to use the facilities someone will enter the restroom and come up dirctly behind me and ask "So is it FAST?"

\

It's only funny, because it's probably true. But enjoy the attention while you can, because like the others say, if a few months, the new Stangs are going to be commonplace.
Old 10/20/04, 02:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh god that's funny!!!!!!!!!
Old 10/20/04, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Nazgul@October 20, 2004, 2:15 PM
I think the GTO is an OK looking car, but its so plain looking. I would never consider buying one.

Im perfectly happy with my stang.
Old 10/20/04, 02:23 PM
Cobra Member

perhaps if you go places naked.... I'm sure you could draw the uwanted attention from your car to yourself.
take one for the team. ...... you'd do that for your car, wouldn't you?
Old 10/20/04, 02:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Klous, you gotta update your car in your info, loud and proud man!
Old 10/20/04, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

It wasn't me.. I swear
Old 10/20/04, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bigred0383@October 20, 2004, 2:27 PM
Klous, you gotta update your car in your info, loud and proud man!
Is it bad that I have already began to forget what my old car even looked like?

btw, A little off topic but here is my review.

Its Great.

I had read people saying the interior was cheap, that the headliner and dashboard seem to be made out of cheap plastic, even that the seats were uncomfortable and headrest was intrusive. In my opinion all this in UNTRUE.

In fact the headliner is the same type of felt like fabric the previous models were, and Im certain the sun visors are as well.

The car is SOLID, Ford did a great job. The dashboard seems to be made of the same materials previous mustang dashs were. However unlike my 2001 V6 which rattled from day 1, this car hasnt made a single rattle.

The doors feel solid when closed, and are easyly proped open and stay where you put them, even on an incline.

The seats are extreamly comfortable and the headrest is perfect, its actually usable unlike previous year models.

The interior door controls, window and door locks are back lit at night, unlike the previous year models.

Im sure there is more, theres just so much.

Its the little things and Ford thought of everything.
Old 10/20/04, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yesterday I went to show my car to my cousin who has a repair shop behind a Ford dealership (the one who turned down my x-plan order) and after I got back there, one of the salesmen from the dealership chased me down. He wanted me to stop by their place when I finished there and show them the car because the two stock ordered cars they were waiting on weren't in yet. I stopped by the dealership and ended up spending two hours talking to the salesmen and while I was there, about 10 or 12 people stopped in to check out my car. I thought all the attention was great and I felt that I also taught them a little about the car that they didn't know yet. I havn't had any negative attention with the car, but it sure is fun being the only '05 Mustang in my town.
Old 10/20/04, 06:19 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Actually, I have enjoyed riding all over town just watching the people look at my car. I haven't had anyone follow me home yet. The car does evoke alot of looks. Going thru town I've watched people, be behind me, and then they will speed up to look at the front of it. Lots of people at red lights are like, Yeah, cool car. There was this old lady behind me today, by herself, and I read her lips saying Mustang and she was just grinning. Thats one thing I have found, this car brings a smile on just about everyones face. Others driving Mustangs will turn all the way around looking. I know if I did'nt have mine yet, I would be doing the same thing. I have had a great time just riding around but I have'nt parked in a parking lot yet.
Old 10/20/04, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

This kind of attention is usually reserved for rare exotic cars. I kind of expected this would be the reaction of the public, until more people see the car. I just hope nobody becomes a carjack victom.
Old 10/20/04, 06:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by klous@October 20, 2004, 1:41 PM

The doors feel solid when closed, and are easyly proped open and stay where you put them, even on an incline.

Nice detail Klous!
Old 10/20/04, 07:10 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Hehe.....I think I'd look forward to the attention and is making the wait unbearable.... But I guess I wouldn't want that kind of attention.

This does show just how cool the 05 is which makes me proud to have bought one.

Since I'll be getting mine in December, I'm sure it'll be one of the first in the neighbourhood so I'll definatley be getting tons of attention!
Old 10/20/04, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to my life.....!
Old 10/20/04, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Nazgul@October 20, 2004, 4:15 PM
They look so much like grand ams nobody hardly notices them.

Quick Reply: Obsessive Fans