2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Obsessive Fans

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/04, 09:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took delivery of my brand new Mustang yesterday evening at 7pm, pics coming this evening.

I've had two cases now that shocked me at how inconsiderate people can
be.

1) I was using a drive up ATM in a parking lot. A redneck in a 1970s
Ford pickup pulled up next to me on my right and stared at my car the
entire time I was doing my transaction. ATM transactions are personal
business, at a walkup ATM you give people room to do their business in
private, drive up ATM's are the same.

2) Someone followed me to my house. When you enter a neighborhood that you dont live in, you probably should turn around. Noone wants to be bugged in their front yard.

I knew being an early buyer was going to draw attention, and I can
understand peoples enthusiasm about seeing this awesome car, approach me
in a parking lot or at a gas station I'm fine with that., but come
on people be considerate.

Anyone else have stories of undue attention?
Old 10/20/04, 09:52 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The way the world works unfortunately.

No stories though...
but I feel your pain man.
Old 10/20/04, 09:54 AM
Cobra R Member

:hiding:
Sounds like your car has a stalker... wonder if a restraining order would work
j/k
Old 10/20/04, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

wn3d:

HAHAHAHAHA

i would enjoy the attention.. maybe u should park it in ur garage till December when everyone has one
Old 10/20/04, 09:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Boomer@October 20, 2004, 9:55 AM
The way the world works unfortunately.

No stories though...
but I feel your pain man.
I expect my next encounter will be something like the following.

I will be in public at a Restaurant or Gas station and go to the Restroom. I'll walk up to one of the urinals and the moment I start to use the facilities someone will enter the restroom and come up dirctly behind me and ask "So is it FAST?"

Its only a matter of time.

Old 10/20/04, 10:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Old 10/20/04, 10:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Same thing happens when I drive tha fastback, and to be quite honest, it wouldn't be as fun if I didn't have that "problem".

Try to look at the silver lining: people will also notice it in parking lots, which means they'll be more considerate of door dings.
Old 10/20/04, 10:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm sorry, but....see attachment.

You got a brand new Mustang and now you complain about getting noticed. If you feel it's such a burden, stuff your pony into a container and ship it to me, please.

Old 10/20/04, 11:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Klous,
First off, congrats on the car. I must say, you had to KNOW things like this were going to happen. I hear ya on the ATM thing...at least keep your distance. But hey, think of it this way. What if the person following you home is 5' 1" FEMALE, hot and a huge Mustang fan?? I can think of MUCH worse things.

Enjoy the car!!
Old 10/20/04, 11:14 AM

I have been having the same reactions and while I agree we should expect the attention it is kinda scary. I ran into a store and came back out and there was about 10 teenagers circling the car. This is mainly what worries me becuase they were all looking inside, not considering that this was someones car and they could be scrating the paint, etc. Other than that, I do not mind people stopping me to look, talk, etc.
Old 10/20/04, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@October 20, 2004, 11:14 AM
Klous,
First off, congrats on the car. I must say, you had to KNOW things like this were going to happen. I hear ya on the ATM thing...at least keep your distance. But hey, think of it this way. What if the person following you home is 5' 1" FEMALE, hot and a huge Mustang fan?? I can think of MUCH worse things.

Enjoy the car!!
Exactly, but it wasn't it was some creepy lookin dude. Other people are reading my post and not relizing, I do enjoy the attention my new car is bringing. The problem is people need to relize there are times you don't bother someone.

You don't bother people when they are useing the ATM, and you don't follow them home. Its just creepy.

The guy at the ATM wasn't 3 feet from the righthand side of my car and watched my entire transaction at the ATM, I don't know if he was looking at my car or about to rob me, or both.

I knew I would be getting attention, I don't mind the attention at stop lights, gas stations or parking lots. I didn't however expect people to be invading my privacy
Old 10/20/04, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Klous,

Congrats on getting your car!!!! I, am STILL WAITING!! (It was supposed to be here last week). I understand your concern. I know I will be getting a lot of attention with this new car (if it EVER arrives during a season which I can drive it) :angry:, but people need to realize the effect they are having on owners of cars -- like getting freaked out because you are followed home, etc. Another thing to watch out for -- watch for people staring as they are trying to drive and pass you. They have a tendency to steer towards your car. I know, because I get that quite often with my 78 Mustang II Ghia.

Enjoy your new car. The celebrity status will die down as more of the new beauties become more readily available.

Elizabeth
Old 10/20/04, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

What if the person following you home is 5' 1" FEMALE, hot and a huge Mustang fan??

I would do the nana dance
Old 10/20/04, 11:31 AM
FR500 Member

Congrats Klous, glad to hear you finally got your's

One thing that's nice is I'll be keeping my little econo pickup that already has all the requisite amount of door dings and scratches....that's the vehicle that will go to parking lot's.

My Stang won't see a parking lot for quite some time.
Old 10/20/04, 11:32 AM
GT Member

I got the same kinds of things one time. I bought the first step side (sport side) Silverado that hit Kansas City. It was bright red and I had cool wheels on it the next day. People went nutz lol.

The guy at the ATM was inconsiderate by accident - he just was not seeing your side of it.
Old 10/20/04, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Ron9@October 20, 2004, 11:35 AM
I got the same kinds of things one time. I bought the first step side (sport side) Silverado that hit Kansas City. It was bright red and I had cool wheels on it the next day. People went nutz lol.

The guy at the ATM was inconsiderate by accident - he just was not seeing your side of it.
There is no such thing as inconsiderate by accident.

inconsiderate: careless of the rights or feelings of others

People are either mindful of the rights or feelings of others or they are not.

Any action you take that is not mindful of rights or feelings of other is inconsiderate.
Old 10/20/04, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Klous,

Enjoy the car!!
You have a height (or lack thereof) fetish or something?
Old 10/20/04, 11:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mtang78@October 20, 2004, 11:32 AM
Klous,

Congrats on getting your car!!!! I, am STILL WAITING!! (It was supposed to be here last week). I understand your concern. I know I will be getting a lot of attention with this new car (if it EVER arrives during a season which I can drive it) :angry:, but people need to realize the effect they are having on owners of cars -- like getting freaked out because you are followed home, etc. Another thing to watch out for -- watch for people staring as they are trying to drive and pass you. They have a tendency to steer towards your car. I know, because I get that quite often with my 78 Mustang II Ghia.

Enjoy your new car. The celebrity status will die down as more of the new beauties become more readily available.

Elizabeth
Hang in there, I was in the same boat as you just Yesterday. My car was suppost to be here last week and it hadn't arrived. My dealer(who my father works for as a sales manager) was telling me the transport company would only say "its on a truck for delivery" but had been told that all last week.

Then I got the call, the one I was waiting for. At 3pm yesterday afternoon my Father called and simply said "When you going to pick up your car?" I was elated
It was all I could do to finish the last 2 hours of work.
Old 10/20/04, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I would be worried if someone followed me to my house. That's the only thing that would bother me.
Old 10/20/04, 12:34 PM
V6 Member

Since I don't have an '05, I can't comment specifically on that, but I have the same issues with my 66.

One time, while at the gas station filling up, a guy started asking me questions about it (which is perfectly fine). Then, while talking to me, he opened the door and SAT in it (the door wasn't closed all the way, but he had to open it farther to get in). I couldn't believe it! I asked him to get out nicely (he was a big guy, and I don't need a fight).

I felt that was an incredible invasion of space and privacy. Some people just don't get it.

joe

Quick Reply: Obsessive Fans