2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Now a blown radiator hose??

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/06, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now a blown radiator hose??

I have had more problems with this car in 3 months than I had with my jeep in 5 years

After a week of ownership, I had to leave the car at the stealership for the following:
ABS light coming on intermittently: turned out to be a faulty module
Fog Lights didn't work: faulty wiring harness
No keys for wheel locks: they had to do an R&R on the locks
Rear spoiler came unglued: they glued it back

the above took 2 weeks to fix...

last week, I came home from running errands and it sounded like a fire alarm was going off. I pop the hood and a bracket/hanger for one of the radiator hoses was just about to fall off and was banging on the pulley making a ringing bell sound. Now that would have been a real mess if that brachet got caught up in the pulleys and belts

now, last night the radiator hose blew and made a mess. At least I know the little wrench light in the dash works. It blew on the bottom side of the larger hose that connects to the heads. I'm thinking it couldn't be as simple as a weak hose. Somthing had to cause a pressure buildup for that to happen...

what next? Do I have a lemon or does Ford build quality suck???
Old 10/27/06, 10:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

sounds like a lemon....

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/

find out what u can do about it...
Old 10/27/06, 11:27 AM
Cobra Member

Haven't had any problems with mine at all.
Old 10/27/06, 11:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SpeedRoush
I have had more problems with this car in 3 months than I had with my jeep in 5 years

After a week of ownership, I had to leave the car at the stealership for the following:

last week, I came home from running errands and it sounded like a fire alarm was going off. I pop the hood and a bracket/hanger for one of the radiator hoses was just about to fall off and was banging on the pulley making a ringing bell sound. Now that would have been a real mess if that brachet got caught up in the pulleys and belts

now, last night the radiator hose blew and made a mess. At least I know the little wrench light in the dash works. It blew on the bottom side of the larger hose that connects to the heads. I'm thinking it couldn't be as simple as a weak hose. Somthing had to cause a pressure buildup for that to happen...

WOW, that is a lot of problems. I don't think I have heard of anyone else having any where near that many problems. Check the Lemon Laws in your state, and go from there.
Old 10/27/06, 12:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
sounds like a lemon....

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/

find out what u can do about it...
How can you possibly say its a lemon? do you know what the general lemon laws are? you have to have the SAME problem 3 or more times with the dealer attempting to fix it and failing to do so 3 times. than it varies by state from there.

In no way does his car qualify as a lemon yet. he has had multiple, DIFFERENT problems.
Old 10/27/06, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Dude, good luck with your situation.

I have had my car for over a year and the only issue that I have had was the throttlebody that had to be replaced and the only reason why this was a bad situation for me was because of the stupid stealership refusing to replace the faulty part, but eventually they did.

Besides the above issue the car has been great to me.

So sorry to hear about your situation. I know that you are beyond p'od right now.
Old 10/27/06, 02:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow!! Your car was built on a Monday for sure... Sorry to hear about your problems!

I assume that you have a Roush 'Stang by your sig... are these failures FORD related or due to the Roush mods? (or do you know?)
Old 10/28/06, 05:43 AM

The rear spoiler and the bad fog light wiring harness were Roush related. The radiator hose, loose bracket and ABS module are Ford err Mexico err Canada related

Luckily, there was a stealership only a few miles away from where I broke down. Prompt professional service and they had the car fixed the next day. They SM said it was just a faulty hose but I asked him to do a pressure test just in case something was clogged and caused the hose to burst.

soooo i'm waiting to see what happens next...
Old 10/29/06, 03:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The rear spoiler and the bad fog light wiring harness were Roush related. The radiator hose, loose bracket and ABS module are Ford err Mexico err Canada related

Luckily, there was a stealership only a few miles away from where I broke down. Prompt professional service and they had the car fixed the next day. They SM said it was just a faulty hose but I asked him to do a pressure test just in case something was clogged and caused the hose to burst.

soooo i'm waiting to see what happens next...
Now see?? All those negative ions circling your car could be causing it to fail. Treat her nice!!