Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Vin # Yet

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/04, 09:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Has anyone else not received a VIN # yet? I spoke to my Dealer today and he informed me my order was still unscheduled. I belive this means Ford has not yet picked up the order. I don't understand, I placed the order on 5/24 for a GT Premium Satin Silver w/ the IUP, nothing special. What's up with that??? :scratch:
Old 8/20/04, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

my order is still clean / unscheduled and I ordered it on may 26th...how big is your dealer that you ordered you car from, my dealer is a fairly smae one and they told me that the orders get pulled by the amount of volume sales that the dealer has....can anyone else (salesman) varify this??
Old 8/20/04, 10:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

The dealer I ordered the car from is probably the second largest in the state. I do not know their volume but they have mutilpe dealerships in eastern MA. selling many differnt brands. :bang:
Old 8/20/04, 10:59 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by icemant180@August 20, 2004, 9:54 PM
Has anyone else not received a VIN # yet? I spoke to my Dealer today and he informed me my order was still unscheduled. I belive this means Ford has not yet picked up the order. I don't understand, I placed the order on 5/24 for a GT Premium Satin Silver w/ the IUP, nothing special. What's up with that??? :scratch:
I talked about this in a post yesterday and didn't hear much. From what I was told yesterday and what I have gotten here from the FMC dealer website that the next round of Mustangs to be scheduled will begin on Sept 9th and run thru Oct 1st. I am myself hoping that my Mustang will be in that group to be scheduled at that time. So we should hear something from our dealer anytime after the 9th of September thru the 1st of October keep hope I know I am its killing me.
Old 8/21/04, 12:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Although my local Ford dealer burned down a few days ago (it's gutted), a salesperson emailed me that even the "Ford Regional Manager" for the Midwest did not know when the cars would arrive, but anticipated near the end of September. He said they did NOT have VIN's.

It's for this reason I do NOT get how some people DO have VINs- the cars aren't even being built yet! So...? If Job 1 is Sept. 7, I just don't get why anyone even cares to have a VIN since they can't theoretically be available on unbuilt cars. Even if I am wrong, I'll just wait it out since no one here is a Ford spy and really is "in the know" anyways; heck, even salespeople are in the dark.
Old 8/21/04, 08:47 AM
slp
V6 Member

My car's VIN (1ZVHT82H955100777) is listed on the DORA. It is my understanding that Ford assigns the VINs before they are submitted to the plant. And Auto Alliance will schedule the assembly as best fits into their production line. If this is incorrect, someone please correct me.
Old 8/21/04, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by slp@August 21, 2004, 2:50 PM
My car's VIN (1ZVHT82H955100777) is listed on the DORA. It is my understanding that Ford assigns the VINs before they are submitted to the plant. And Auto Alliance will schedule the assembly as best fits into their production line. If this is incorrect, someone please correct me.
You are fine (You should have a build date around Sept 7). Keep checking the status with your dealer. Vin's are assigned well in advance of build date.
I'm just in front of you 100748 B)
Ron
Old 8/21/04, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered mine 6/14, have a build date week of 9/13.
Old 8/23/04, 12:55 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered mine May 25, no VIN, no build date...no more patience......Dealer told me I'd most likely see the car late December. I handed him the brochure that says the car is available Fall 2004 and asked him to explain then why the cars promoting the mustang to be here in the fall when I am 1 of 3 people who have ordered the mustangs that they are receiving to be told late December. Either I don't have a clue or the dealer doesn't. I hope it's the dealer that is wrong.
Old 8/23/04, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, if they hold the cars on there lots, I say we do what the older generation did in 1965,SLEEP IN THE CARS untill we can take them home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

EDIT) 1964
Old 8/23/04, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by order#1@August 23, 2004, 10:09 PM
Well, if they hold the cars on there lots, I say we do what the older generation did in 1965,SLEEP IN THE CARS untill we can take them home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

EDIT) 1964
Now thats a thought!
Old 8/23/04, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Ford is ramping up production VERY slowly on this important car to hopefully make sure the cars are perfect and quality built.
I have not mentioned this before because I did not want to upset people and I wasn't positive about the info. But it now is evident that the cars that were first allocated to dealers back in June are the only production that will be available until the next wholesale which will occur in about 2 weeks. This means that the cars that dealers were allocated is all the production through the middle to the end of October. I know the allocation system seems confusing and sometimes it is. I guess I am briefly trying to say that if your dealer can't promise you one of the cars he was allocated back in June, you will not get one until the end of Nov. beginning of Dec., at the earliest.
I have tried to explain the allocation system in a few different posts so please search before asking questions. I will try to answer any specifics if I can.
Old 8/23/04, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Bruce, as always for the updates.

Ron
Old 8/23/04, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, Bruce. I've been expecting late November already because I didn't want to get let down.
Old 8/23/04, 08:14 PM
GT Member

Hey Bruce hear anything about the sensor problem with the V6 that stopped the entire line for a couple days? Could be why V6 manual is on hold till Nov.
Old 8/23/04, 08:23 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by BEK355@August 23, 2004, 6:58 PM
Ford is ramping up production VERY slowly on this important car to hopefully make sure the cars are perfect and quality built.
I have not mentioned this before because I did not want to upset people and I wasn't positive about the info. But it now is evident that the cars that were first allocated to dealers back in June are the only production that will be available until the next wholesale which will occur in about 2 weeks. This means that the cars that dealers were allocated is all the production through the middle to the end of October. I know the allocation system seems confusing and sometimes it is. I guess I am briefly trying to say that if your dealer can't promise you one of the cars he was allocated back in June, you will not get one until the end of Nov. beginning of Dec., at the earliest.
I have tried to explain the allocation system in a few different posts so please search before asking questions. I will try to answer any specifics if I can.
My order bumped one of the dealerships 4 they where allocated.
Old 8/23/04, 11:40 PM

Unhappy

Placed my order on July 13th and it was confirmed by Ford the following day. Just talked to my dealer, who just talked to Ford. Seems there's a minor production problem holding up at least some of the GT's. They say mine won't be scheduled for production until October. A firm production date should be available after Labor Day.

Cool wheels when they show:

Satin Silver GT
IUP
Shaker 500
Cloth and leather combo seats
Multi tone gray interior as shown in the Toronto pix
Polished aluminum wheels
Automatic
Old 8/24/04, 03:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Avalanche@August 23, 2004, 8:26 PM

If that holds true, I'm going with another car.
Talk about an impulse buyer!

You refuse to wait 2 extra months to get the car you want?

My guess is that you don't ~really~ want the '05 Mustang. Because if you really wanted it, 60 days isn't a long time to wait.

I fell in love with the '65-66 Fastback when I was 15. Even before turning 16, I started looking for one to buy. It wasn't till a few weeks before I turned 17 that I found one in the price range I required (it was $1600). I figure I scoured newspapers every week for about 15 months before finding "my car".
Old 8/24/04, 04:10 PM
GT Member

I ordered July 7 and still have no VIN or build date or even a DORA. My dealer is a small town dealer and as far as allocation I have no idea. It might be that they have no allocation??? He said he had 1 Mustang ordered prior to mine so mine was second. I saw the order sheet from FORD showing the first one and it had a VIN assigned. I call every week and every week he says nothing yet but should happen next week. :scratch:
Old 8/24/04, 04:15 PM
wrb
V6 Member

Good reasons to wait to purchase/order your car.
1) less price gouging. I hate to pay retail !
2) let ford get the bugs out of the build process.

Quick Reply: No Vin # Yet