2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Is the new stang effecting your love life?

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/05, 08:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not enough room in the back seat -looks like we'll be takin' the Saturn for long road trips
Old 1/20/05, 09:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@January 20, 2005, 9:12 AM
gotta wonder though, you broke up 4 days ago and already have a new girlfriend
Actually, he didn't say he broke up 4 days ago, he just said that he found out about the cheating 4 days ago.

Anyway, to answer the original question, I'm dating a coupla girls at present, and they both love the fact that I am getting the Stang. Of course, I make a hearty attempt NOT to talk about the car too much, so that may be part of it.

As far as the car affecting my love life, let's just say I have devious reasons for getting tinted windows.
Old 1/20/05, 09:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Shea@January 20, 2005, 12:08 PM
As far as the car affecting my love life, let's just say I have devious reasons for getting tinted windows.
Ah shucks, who needs tint -fog works just as good
Old 1/20/05, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I must say that although i am the girlfriend, i have just about drove my boyfriend CRAZY! He says its all i talk about, Hes a big car freak and it drives him crazy that i know more about the Mustang than him. Everything he sees me i am on the computer looking at them or on the phone with either my dealer or customer service trying to find ANYTHING out about my car i can. He HOPES once my car gets here i will shut up about it sometimes but we will just have to see about that.

EDIT: i think i should add that although hes tired of hearing about it, he can't wait for it to get here so we can go riding in it! He's excited for me hes just tired of hearing so much about it!
Old 1/20/05, 09:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wife says I'm too obessed with this car. (She's probably right). She's not a Ford fan either, but knows a nice car when she sees one. Its a love/hate relationship.

When I finally get one...then things might get more interesting.
Old 1/20/05, 10:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jsheehan@January 20, 2005, 7:19 AM
I don't own an 05 yet, but I talk about them all the time. My g/f of 4 years says that is all I ever talk about. Every time we drive by a ford dealership I can't help but look over to see if they have any stangs in stock. She says I talk about them more than her, and I made the mistake of saying "Well, if I'd I had that car for 4 years I wouldn't talk about it very much." Talk about a case of foot-in-mouth syndrom. It isn't that big f a deal though, as she understands that this is just one of my interests, like a hobby or something. Hopefully I'll get one soon and then I won't talk about it all the time.
WOW "Well if i had my car for 4 years the" THAT is The Best!!
Old 1/20/05, 10:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GTJeff@January 20, 2005, 7:53 AM
Last nite my wife said "Not tonight, I have a headache. How about going out to the garage - maybe your car can help you in that department ... "
That is soooo Funny!!!!
Old 1/20/05, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Considering I came into the relationship as a Mustang fanatic, she can't say much. She like Fords, so thats no problem. And even my talk of getting a new Cobra in a few years hasn't affected her attitude. It part of my life and she accepts that. We'll be married 4 years in November.
One day, I think I'll buy her a Mustang vert just for her.
-Jason
Old 1/20/05, 10:52 AM
Queen Of Nascar

My family just rolls their eyes at me now. There was a comment made that they thought I would shut up when I finally got it.
Not going to happen....gotta personalize it now.
Old 1/20/05, 10:56 AM
Jackass

No significant other right now. So I can spend all of my disposable income on the car!

Driven everyone at my office crazy though.
Old 1/20/05, 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by holeshot+January 20, 2005, 11:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holeshot @ January 20, 2005, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@January 20, 2005, 9:12 AM
Paul, glad to say she is gone. She had major issues. gotta wonder though, you broke up 4 days ago and already have a new girlfriend
This is what Paul says:

[/b][/quote]
haha, playa by day, pimp by night, na just playin, na it wasn't 4 days ago, I broke up with her 3 weeks ago, and this girl that I'm seeing is someone I've known for a while and she had a b/f that she broke up with not too long ago and she said she wanted to give us a try and so far its working out great!
Old 1/20/05, 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@January 20, 2005, 10:37 AM
Wife says I'm too obessed with this car. (She's probably right). She's not a Ford fan either, but knows a nice car when she sees one. Its a love/hate relationship.

When I finally get one...then things might get more interesting.
Ditto
Old 1/20/05, 12:32 PM
GT Member

My wife thinks I'm an idiot for the number of hours I spend on this forum.
Old 1/20/05, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Me talking to the wife about the Mustang is like listening to the dogs bark; it happens so much that she pretty much just ignores it for the most part, except every once in a while it gets through and she gets exasperated. Wouldn't be so bad but she's 4 months pregnant and is a little touchy right now Has it affected the love life? Not as much as the little baby inside her belly that makes her sick, moody, and tired all of the time

Jason
Old 1/20/05, 01:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

My g/f is very understanding and anxious for the car to get here. She keeps saying how much fun we'll have cruising in the Adirondacks. She sure knows how to say the right things :dance:
Old 1/20/05, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I always get " You've washed that car 4 times since you've had it. You never wash mine!" I say " Baby I'll wash yours this weekend." what I really want to say is," that's why your car is yours and my car is mine." But if I said that then I would be sleeping in my car.
Old 1/20/05, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jbuch@January 20, 2005, 2:35 PM
Ditto
Old 1/20/05, 03:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@January 20, 2005, 8:22 AM
just broke up with someone with a 3 month relationship. When I first met her I didn't have the Mustang. She was a Camaro freak, but to her stupidity she totalled the camaro she had recently by driving into a ditch cause she was speedin and took a turn to hard and drove it right into the ditch along the curve. But when i was with her, she got all excited that I was getting a new car, but I didn't tell her I was getting the new Mustang, I told her that I would suprise her. Suprised her one day at her door, she was disgusted. I was heartbroken. "Ewww, I hate mustangs, I have always hated Mustangs, they are the worst piece's of $h**s on the road. FORD - Found on Roads Dead!" I quote her exactly! And for the rest of the relationship, she never road in the Mustang when we wanted to go out, we always had to ride in her hunk of junk VW Jetta no matter where we went. That made the relationship slide a lil bit, but there were other parts to it that destroyed it, mainly being that we were the exact opposite of each other about everything we like to do and she was seeing another guy behind my back, I just found that out about 4 days ago, and I'm really heartbroken cause of her, but I'm glad I finally ended it before I ended up getting even more hurt. I'm a lot happier and currently seeing someone who luvs the new pony and is anxious for me to give her, her first driving lesson on learning how to drive stick......
Hey man be glad you got rid of the dumb __ The loss was hers I'm sure. Call yourself lucky as you could have wasted half a lifetime on her. RIDE ON Live this day like its your last cause it could be !!
Old 1/20/05, 04:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by jbuch@January 20, 2005, 1:35 PM
OK just tell her you wised up. No more computer time. From now on I am going to spend the time on YOU. Lets hit the sack!!!! LMAO
Old 1/20/05, 06:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I will not even be ordering mine until about March of 2006, so my hubby has a long time of hearing me talk about my future car. I can tell he is already tired of it. But he is a big Steelers fan and that is all he wants to talk about and I'm getting tired of him talking about them, so when he starts talking about the Steelers I quick change the subject to Mustangs and we part ways . At least his waite will be over soon. I have to waite a whole year to even order.

Quick Reply: Is the new stang effecting your love life?