2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Is the new stang effecting your love life?

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/05, 02:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK!! hasn't happened to me yet but I can feel it coming!! How many of you out there has gotten flack about paying attention to the new car more than the woman? I know I find myself talking about the car a lot to her. ( I know she is pretending to take interest since I talk about it so much)
This dilema has had to happen to someone out there. I'm just wondering , How many?? and how do you keep yourself under control not saying the "M" word around the little lady??
I know they want our world to revolve around them but the my world revolves around the mustang for now
Old 1/20/05, 04:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

After being married 21 years my wife has learned to give up on my obsession with cars. I have probably owned over 50 cars since we met each other, everything from older Muscle cars, trucks, BMW's and project cars. After my Son started driving I devoted all my time into keeping his car in great shape and making sure it was reliable so I haven't purchased a vehicle in about 5 years......Along comes the Concept Mustang......That was all she wrote!!

Been spending quite a bit of time waxing, looking, sitting in and drooling on it since I got it, now the obsession is starting with wanting to modify it and so far my wife has been patient, but I DO see a "Frying Pan" upside my head in the near future

I love hunny

Mike
Old 1/20/05, 05:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Do husbands count??? He also has not "SAID" anything YET but everytime I talk about something new I've learned on The Mustang Source Forums or come up with a new idea about what I'd like to do to the car he gets this glazed over look. I'm expecting a minor pissed off husband "uprising" soon!
Old 1/20/05, 05:18 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by jerseygirl@January 20, 2005, 7:14 AM
Do husbands count??? He also has not "SAID" anything YET but everytime I talk about something new I've learned on The Mustang Source Forums or come up with a new idea about what I'd like to do to the car he gets this glazed over look. I'm expecting a minor pissed off husband "uprising" soon!
OOH we live parallel lives.

He said he bought me the car to shut me up about it. Since he bought it I should quit talking about it. .(Makes no sense cause he's the one who planned the cool stuff being done to her)

His favorite phrase: Its been ten minutes, you haven't opened the garage door to look at your car yet...
Old 1/20/05, 06:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+January 20, 2005, 6:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ January 20, 2005, 6:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-jerseygirl@January 20, 2005, 7:14 AM
OOH we live parallel lives.

He said he bought me the car to shut me up about it. Since he bought it I should quit talking about it. .(Makes no sense cause he's the one who planned the cool stuff being done to her)

His favorite phrase: Its been ten minutes, you haven't opened the garage door to look at your car yet...[/b][/quote]
LOL......That's too funny April! Yes I guess we do! I think the hubby never invisioned his wife getting into cars soooo much! I try to get him to drive it as much as possible when we go out so he can understand the "OBSESSION" thing.
Old 1/20/05, 06:09 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Mine flat out REFUSES to drive my car..... I have offered on more than one occasion- he won't touch it. He likes it and tells all his friends how cool it is, but he would rather chew off his hand than drive it I guess.

If he's gonna wash it- I back it out of the garage.......

He said he's just gonna get his own next year........?
Old 1/20/05, 06:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't own an 05 yet, but I talk about them all the time. My g/f of 4 years says that is all I ever talk about. Every time we drive by a ford dealership I can't help but look over to see if they have any stangs in stock. She says I talk about them more than her, and I made the mistake of saying "Well, if I'd I had that car for 4 years I wouldn't talk about it very much." Talk about a case of foot-in-mouth syndrom. It isn't that big f a deal though, as she understands that this is just one of my interests, like a hobby or something. Hopefully I'll get one soon and then I won't talk about it all the time.
Old 1/20/05, 06:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
My wife got tired of listening to me during the waiting and ordering process. There was much more going on then. Now that I have it, I just smile. I don't talk about it as much as I did back then.
Old 1/20/05, 06:30 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Pony vs. wife?
Well... who has the better paint job?.

Old 1/20/05, 06:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

This is a tough one. It's all about balance. The trick is to balance things well enough so that the spouce gets the FEELING that you're not paying more attention to the car.

B)
Old 1/20/05, 06:47 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Affected my love life???? Heck, the only foreplay I get now is washing/waxing the car before I take it for a ride.
Old 1/20/05, 06:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Last nite my wife said "Not tonight, I have a headache. How about going out to the garage - maybe your car can help you in that department ... "
Old 1/20/05, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Fellas, if the wife gives you any flack about your mustang.....

use old faithful.

HAHAHAHAHA
Old 1/20/05, 06:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

LOLOLOLOL!!

_____________ <----The line Holeshot just crossed!
Old 1/20/05, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

I don't even have my car yet and my wifes ready to get rid of me..... I'm either on the computer looking at stuff for it or talking about it. I hope it gets better when it gets here. At least I'll be able to get out of her hair, I can go for a drive!!!!
Old 1/20/05, 07:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

just broke up with someone with a 3 month relationship. When I first met her I didn't have the Mustang. She was a Camaro freak, but to her stupidity she totalled the camaro she had recently by driving into a ditch cause she was speedin and took a turn to hard and drove it right into the ditch along the curve. But when i was with her, she got all excited that I was getting a new car, but I didn't tell her I was getting the new Mustang, I told her that I would suprise her. Suprised her one day at her door, she was disgusted. I was heartbroken. "Ewww, I hate mustangs, I have always hated Mustangs, they are the worst piece's of $h**s on the road. FORD - Found on Roads Dead!" I quote her exactly! And for the rest of the relationship, she never road in the Mustang when we wanted to go out, we always had to ride in her hunk of junk VW Jetta no matter where we went. That made the relationship slide a lil bit, but there were other parts to it that destroyed it, mainly being that we were the exact opposite of each other about everything we like to do and she was seeing another guy behind my back, I just found that out about 4 days ago, and I'm really heartbroken cause of her, but I'm glad I finally ended it before I ended up getting even more hurt. I'm a lot happier and currently seeing someone who luvs the new pony and is anxious for me to give her, her first driving lesson on learning how to drive stick......
Old 1/20/05, 08:09 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Paul, glad to say she is gone. She had major issues. gotta wonder though, you broke up 4 days ago and already have a new girlfriend
Old 1/20/05, 08:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@January 20, 2005, 9:12 AM
Paul, glad to say she is gone. She had major issues. gotta wonder though, you broke up 4 days ago and already have a new girlfriend
This is what Paul says:

Old 1/20/05, 08:33 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Old 1/20/05, 08:40 AM
I'm people, and I like.

i dont even have a mustang, and i get in trouble with the future wife for talking about it too much...

Quick Reply: Is the new stang effecting your love life?