2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Special Edition Roush ??

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/06, 08:18 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
MOST salesmen lie. Plain and simple. (not all, but most)
Old 8/7/06, 09:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
MOST salesmen lie. Plain and simple. (not all, but most)
MOST customers lie. Plain and simple. (not all, but most)
Old 8/7/06, 09:11 PM

Good
Old 8/7/06, 09:13 PM

Good point, but after working for the last several years with salesmen (getting to see it from their side) I'll never trust a salesman. After being honest through my first 6 car purchases, I've learned my lesson.
I'm naturally a trusting person so what they do really bothers me. The sad part is a lot them don't even realize they're doing it anymore.
Old 8/7/06, 09:16 PM
Cobra Member

It is a shame and a truth that it goes both ways. Hopefully at some point you can find a salesperson who will treat you fair and honest.
Old 8/7/06, 09:21 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PACETTR
MOST customers lie. Plain and simple. (not all, but most)
That's true.

But then, they're the ones parting with their hard earned money as a disproportionate number of salespeople try to talk them out of it by telling them almost anything (often lies), or pushing themselves and their business cards on people when they haven't even yet answered a single question.

So bottom line: if more salespeople were honest and straightforward, I suspect more customers would be more forthcoming, too. The fact that the vast majority of salespeople don't last more than six months merely reinforces the buying public's belief that auto salespeople go from gig to gig and only take the job in the hopes of making a quick buck, with little commitment to either product knowledge or servicing their customers. Sadly, unlike a number of other professions, car sales - and retail sales in general - attracts a lot of people who have NO skill in sales and are merely looking for a "job".

Thus, most customers are IMMEDIATELY on the defensive when entering any dealership.

Personally, I think the two prerequisites for car sales should be exceptional sales & people skills (listening, empathy, etc) and a strong passion for automobiles (and the product they sell).

All others need not apply. Fortunately, I think we have some excellent candidates right here on these boards. Unfortunately, finding salespeople like that on the lots is a tougher task
Old 8/7/06, 09:22 PM

Its OK for a customer to lie. They are the ones forking over the dough. What's a salesman lose if a customer lies? Maybe a little commission. Car salesmen, for the most part, are scum. (Of course there are exceptions)
Old 8/8/06, 01:40 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
No offense intended PACE. I don't know every salesperson on here. I was just a little irked at the remark me made, and wanted to post something to defend our honor.

Hey rrobello, what happened at the Ferrari dealer? I got to know what that dufus said, or didn't know. If I got the chance to sell exotics, I could die a happy (and probably well funded) man.
there have been several instances, but basically same thing, just spewing untrue knowledge about the cars as if they know what they are talking about when they dont, basically trying to sell a car using some untrue upselling to a numbnutz rich yuppy or to sound cool, cars being faster and rarer than they actually are, or in some cases more expensive are some examples.
Old 8/8/06, 07:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
That's true.

Sadly, unlike a number of other professions, car sales - and retail sales in general - attracts a lot of people who have NO skill in sales and are merely looking for a "job".

Personally, I think the two prerequisites for car sales should be exceptional sales & people skills (listening, empathy, etc) and a strong passion for automobiles (and the product they sell).
True and true. I like to believe that is why the few salespeople on here are well above average.

Originally Posted by DaBoss2
Its OK for a customer to lie. They are the ones forking over the dough. What's a salesman lose if a customer lies? Maybe a little commission. Car salesmen, for the most part, are scum. (Of course there are exceptions)
This is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read.
Old 8/8/06, 03:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
Thanks! It gets tough to defend yourself from the ignorant few who like to stereotype others. There are crooks in every facet of life; no need to pick on those of us who try to help people acquire one of the most expensive and important items they will purchase. What dealer do you work for?
I work for Yocum Ford, in Lansdale, PA. Its a small family run store, thats been selling Fords since 1921. I started there just over 9 years ago (I was 20), and now I'm a few weeks from 30! Man times flies.
Old 8/8/06, 03:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by DaBoss2
Josh, its not okay for the customer to lie. That accomplishes nothing. The thing that bothers me the most, is when customers come in, and say that their credit is spectatular (over 720), and turns out that its down right poor (in the 500 range). When I do everything I can to make the customer happy, and then their credit makes the deal undoable, this is the worst. If you tell me the issues up front, we can get things solved quicker.
Old 8/8/06, 03:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
That's true.

But then, they're the ones parting with their hard earned money as a disproportionate number of salespeople try to talk them out of it by telling them almost anything (often lies), or pushing themselves and their business cards on people when they haven't even yet answered a single question.

So bottom line: if more salespeople were honest and straightforward, I suspect more customers would be more forthcoming, too. The fact that the vast majority of salespeople don't last more than six months merely reinforces the buying public's belief that auto salespeople go from gig to gig and only take the job in the hopes of making a quick buck, with little commitment to either product knowledge or servicing their customers. Sadly, unlike a number of other professions, car sales - and retail sales in general - attracts a lot of people who have NO skill in sales and are merely looking for a "job".

Thus, most customers are IMMEDIATELY on the defensive when entering any dealership.

All others need not apply. Fortunately, I think we have some excellent candidates right here on these boards. Unfortunately, finding salespeople like that on the lots is a tougher task
BC, it would boggle your mind, just how many other salespeople I meet at the ride and drives Ford has, or at different seminars Ford has us attend, that they are not at all interested in cars, and have no clue what they sell. Its amazing to hear them talk about cars, and be totally wrong in what they are saying. The sad thing, its not just Ford, its all makes pretty much. For the most part, a fair majority of salespeople do this job for the money. I do it becasue I am a car nut. Where else can I work, and be able to test drive a Ford GT (not once but twice ), and buy a Mustang GT 5-speed at cost. I love my job, and plan on doing it for a long time.
Old 8/8/06, 05:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
05fordgt,
I've thought several times about becoming a car salesman, specifically for that reason, I'm a car nut. I'd love to help people like us on here get into the car they dream about. That would be really rewarding, I would think. My problem is I've seen some dealerships where there is so much pressure put on the salesmen (or at least they make it sound like there is) to get the sale done, and Chopper and his show doesn't help any, that I've seen anyway. I wouldn't ever want to be put in a position where I've got to push and pester someone into buying a car. I'm not saying all dealerships and salesmen are like that, but as someone outside the profession, that's the impression I've gotten, and it makes it hard for me to be convinced I'd really be happy doing it. Also, I have no idea how much you guys really make, and I don't know if I'm ready to give up my very nice guaranteed salary for a check that'll vary depending on how many sales I make, or if I sold all Excursions one week, and all Focus's the next.

I absolutely respect salesmen for what they have to live with in that respect, and those who actually care about their products, and people, are worth their weight in platinum, at least. I still might give it a try someday, if I ever get tired of the IT world, and it sure would be a blast to be able to drive a GT, or Shelby, or whatever.

First, I think I'll hit the multi-million dollar slots, so I won't have to worry about that income fluctuating all the time.
Old 8/8/06, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK. Enough already!! If I wanted to read this crap about sales people I would have started a thread on that subject!! Can we please get back to the topic of this thread... if you have anything useful to add.

Now, as for the suggestion that this is a dealer special edition... NOPE. This is a small dealer in a town of 10,000. They have never had a dealer edition of anything in their 40 plus years of existance.
Old 8/8/06, 09:29 PM

I guess only time will tell.
I'm pretty sure we don't have any Roush insiders on TMS to confirm the info.
Old 8/8/06, 10:13 PM

ok here you go....

new Roush Mustang 427-R coming out

This is the info known so far. (Differences from S3 (Stage 3))

12 more ponies(hence 427)
4 piece body kit instead of 7
Cast chrome wheels instead of forged
Roush Off-Road exhaust(dealer installed)
Special Striping(??)
The seats, brakes ad gauges are options on the 427-R along with the normal Roush options.

and it will be about 5 grand less than a S3
Old 8/9/06, 09:50 AM

Pics?
Old 8/9/06, 01:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I work for Yocum Ford, in Lansdale, PA. Its a small family run store, thats been selling Fords since 1921. I started there just over 9 years ago (I was 20), and now I'm a few weeks from 30! Man times flies.
Wow! that mirrors my experience almost exactly. I started right after my 21st Birthday and will be 30 Sept 29th. Time does fly...

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
OK. Enough already!! If I wanted to read this crap about sales people I would have started a thread on that subject!! Can we please get back to the topic of this thread... if you have anything useful to add.

Now, as for the suggestion that this is a dealer special edition... NOPE. This is a small dealer in a town of 10,000. They have never had a dealer edition of anything in their 40 plus years of existance.

Sorry dude. No need to yell.

I will check with my Roush rep...
Old 8/9/06, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2006GT500
Pics?
none yet, Roush just released that info, but who cares, its just a Stage 3 with a different look and a whopping 12 more ponies, which none of it is anything to get excited about, except that it is cheaper than a stage 3.

but why cant these manufactuers just build a whole new version of the car instead of just offering a bajillion slight changes to the same car? how about a 427 that has a 427ci engine in it and not 427HP?
Old 8/9/06, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
ok here you go....

new Roush Mustang 427-R coming out

This is the info known so far. (Differences from S3 (Stage 3))

12 more ponies(hence 427)
4 piece body kit instead of 7
Cast chrome wheels instead of forged
Roush Off-Road exhaust(dealer installed)
Special Striping(??)
The seats, brakes ad gauges are options on the 427-R along with the normal Roush options.

and it will be about 5 grand less than a S3
This is confirmed with RPP -

The 427R is basically a Stage 3 w/o the Leather Seats, Guages and other "pretties". No Stage 3 brakes - these will be offered as an Option on the Roush 427 R.

The Offroad Exhaust must be Dealer Installed, prior to delivery, due to Emissions and Ins reasons, but shall carry the Standard Roush Warrenty. It is accounted for adding the extra 12 hp with the tuning.

The pricing is aproximately 5K less than the current 2006 Stage 3.

The Roush Dealership here in Houston has currently on order two 427Rs.