2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Special Edition Roush ??

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/06, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New Special Edition Roush ??

Hi guys and gals. Just got back from my local Ford dealer. Was chatting with my sales guy and he mentioned they are getting some new Special Edition stangs in soon. He showed me a picture of it from a sales book. It is a 2007 Roush Mustang Fastback. It looks like a classic Boss Mustang, except it is, of course, a V6. It has a flat black center hood stripe, rear spoiler, and wide upper side stripe that runs along the upper body line from front to back. It also has a flat black black-out between the tail lamps. Looked pretty nice. Has anyone else seen anything about this one?
Old 8/4/06, 12:37 PM
Cobra Member

Don't listen to sales guys, 99% of them are complete idiots and will say anything to get a sell.
Old 8/4/06, 12:58 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
Don't listen to sales guys, 99% of them are complete idiots and will say anything to get a sell.
Id say more like 100% of them are!
Old 8/4/06, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

A Boss V6?? He's clearly joking or ignorant.
Old 8/4/06, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kinda hard to not know what you are talking about when the picture/sales sheet is there in black and white. I saw it. I read it.
Old 8/4/06, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HadAStang
A Boss V6?? He's clearly joking or ignorant.
Who said anything about it BEING a BOSS? Its called the Mustang Fastback, styled along the lines of the Boss.
Old 8/4/06, 05:16 PM
V6 Member

i can bet you that it's no special edition, just the dealerships having bodykits put on. My dealer does that and tries to sell me a different one everytime i come in to see if anyone's backed out of a gt500. The latest one was a "man racer" SE a few days ago, couple of weeks before that was the "mach 1" limited edition...
Old 8/4/06, 07:01 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
latest roush i saw was the Roush 427R.
Old 8/4/06, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to jump in on this thread...but how do you start a new thread/topic...I'm new here and I can't find where it is that you click so that you can start a new topic.

Thanks!!
Old 8/4/06, 09:01 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mark S.
Sorry to jump in on this thread...but how do you start a new thread/topic...I'm new here and I can't find where it is that you click so that you can start a new topic.

Thanks!!
When you click on a topic (say 2005-08sn97) there will be a clickable tab up top that says"new Thread".click on this and follow the bouncing ball
Old 8/4/06, 10:19 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I know I'm going to regret getting in on this, but once again, we already have a Mustang Fastback so the name doesn't even make any sense.

I agree with the other guys... dealers lie. And in this case it's probably just a dealership SE.
Old 8/5/06, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
Kinda hard to not know what you are talking about when the picture/sales sheet is there in black and white. I saw it. I read it.
oh it is very easy for them to not know anything about what they are talking about even with literature right in front of them, most of them dont know what they are talking about with the car sitting right in front of them, try it go to a dealership and start asking them basic questions, they wont know jack. I met this one guy at a party last weekend, turns out he is the sales manager at a local Ford dealership here, my friend mentioned I had a GT and the guy asked which one. Now I thought maybe he might be asking Mustang GT or Ford GT (since we were at a party in Fairbanks Ranch), but before I could even start to open my mouth he continues with "the 3.0 or the 3.8?" Now I am confused, maybe is thinking of some import car I cant quickly think of that also has a GT in its lineup, so I respond with "No I own a Mustang GT." Anyway he continues to say he knows but again asks which one the V6 3.0 or the V8 3.8, so we argue back and forth me saying that the mustang comes only in a 4.0 and a 4.6 and him standing his ground saying I dont know what I am talking about he would know he is the sales manager; and I dont even get to get to the point that the V6 is not a GT. But anyway the point is these people dont know shat about any of the vehicles they are selling.
Old 8/5/06, 03:10 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rrobello
oh it is very easy for them to not know anything about what they are talking about even with literature right in front of them, most of them dont know what they are talking about with the car sitting right in front of them, try it go to a dealership and start asking them basic questions, they wont know jack. I met this one guy at a party last weekend, turns out he is the sales manager at a local Ford dealership here, my friend mentioned I had a GT and the guy asked which one. Now I thought maybe he might be asking Mustang GT or Ford GT (since we were at a party in Fairbanks Ranch), but before I could even start to open my mouth he continues with "the 3.0 or the 3.8?" Now I am confused, maybe is thinking of some import car I cant quickly think of that also has a GT in its lineup, so I respond with "No I own a Mustang GT." Anyway he continues to say he knows but again asks which one the V6 3.0 or the V8 3.8, so we argue back and forth me saying that the mustang comes only in a 4.0 and a 4.6 and him standing his ground saying I dont know what I am talking about he would know he is the sales manager; and I dont even get to get to the point that the V6 is not a GT. But anyway the point is these people dont know shat about any of the vehicles they are selling.
Ford needs to fire these dimbulb unibrows and implement a whole new approach to the dealership experience, using staff who are properly educated on product.
Old 8/5/06, 06:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rrobello
Id say more like 100% of them are!
Hey Rrobello, I would think ISELLFORD, Karpro, and myself would take offense to that. We DO know what we are talking about when it comes with these cars, or any Ford product in general.
Old 8/5/06, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Ford needs to fire these dimbulb unibrows and implement a whole new approach to the dealership experience, using staff who are properly educated on product.
I agree with you 100% on this. I even told my aunt to tell Bill Ford that the next time she sees him.
Old 8/5/06, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Rrobello, I would think ISELLFORD, Karpro, and myself would take offense to that. We DO know what we are talking about when it comes with these cars, or any Ford product in general.
ok I am sorry so thats 3 of you out of how many sells people currently working for Ford??? so lets just call it 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the salespeople being complete morons. again I am sorry, I thought of the few of you on here after I had posted it.

Oh and from my experience it is not just Ford salespeople, it is a plague that runs throughout all of the manufactuers and dealers. I've even encountered this with Ferrari dealers.
Old 8/6/06, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

Where's the love for #4?
Old 8/7/06, 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Anomalus1
i can bet you that it's no special edition, just the dealerships having bodykits put on. ......latest one was a "man racer" SE a few days ago, couple of weeks before that was the "mach 1" limited edition...
More often than not, this is the case. If there were such a special, it would be present on the Dealer Training CD, marketing materials and banners, etc. Roush does a good job at educating the Staff and Clients on their offerings. Roush requires a specific level of training as a requirment for the Dealer Certification. Therefore, in the Staff at that are hired to represent Roush lacking this education, i would have to question their knowledge as well as their certification.
Old 8/7/06, 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Where's the love for #4?
No offense intended PACE. I don't know every salesperson on here. I was just a little irked at the remark me made, and wanted to post something to defend our honor.

Hey rrobello, what happened at the Ferrari dealer? I got to know what that dufus said, or didn't know. If I got the chance to sell exotics, I could die a happy (and probably well funded) man.
Old 8/7/06, 06:02 PM
Cobra Member

No offense intended PACE. I don't know every salesperson on here. I was just a little irked at the remark me made, and wanted to post something to defend our honor.
Thanks! It gets tough to defend yourself from the ignorant few who like to stereotype others. There are crooks in every facet of life; no need to pick on those of us who try to help people acquire one of the most expensive and important items they will purchase. What dealer do you work for?

Quick Reply: New Special Edition Roush ??