2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
View Poll Results: Would you buy a Footrest Pedal if it matched your GT500 pedals???
Yes
97.67%
NO
2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

New GT500 Footrest Pedal!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/06, 04:00 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes, I'd be willing to drill a couple of holes as long as the pedal looked OEM, but here are my opinions on the pedal:

It's way too big (it doesn't have to be as big as your foot)
The rubber pieces are a little too small. Although I like the fact that you used two sets of three to keep the theme going.
Don't recess the rubber. Again, keep the same theme/style as the OEM pedals.
Also, the angles/corners are too sharp. They should be more rounded like the pedals.
As for the price of the pedals covers themselves, it's not hard to beat CDC or Ford. The manual set is on eBay for $36.

I don't mean to be too critical. Just trying to help out. The bottom line is, I wouldn't buy one.
Old 10/1/06, 04:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
Yes, I'd be willing to drill a couple of holes as long as the pedal looked OEM, but here are my opinions on the pedal:

It's way too big (it doesn't have to be as big as your foot)
The rubber pieces are a little too small (Although I like the fact that you used two sets of three to keep the theme going)
Also, the angles/corners are too sharp. They should be more rounded like the pedals.
As for the price of the pedals covers themselves, it's not hard to beat CDC or Ford. The manual set is on eBay for $36.

I don't mean to be too critical. Just trying to help out. The bottom line is, I wouldn't buy one.
I agree. It should look more like the gas pedal.
Old 10/1/06, 04:04 PM

Yes. In fact, if you just start with the gas pedal and make a bracket to mount it on, you'd probably have a pretty good product.
Old 10/1/06, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

All helpfull thoughts. Thank you for the feedback.

As far as using the gas pedal. I think it may be a tad too small personally. My whole goal was to cover the pedal in such a way as the carpet did not get dirty.

If you put a small pedal on there, around the pedal will get dirty. Someone did mention the idea of making it smaller and higher and sit higher up off of the carpet to make it less likely to soil the rug. So I am thinking about it all in general.

And as far as the pedals, they are on e-bay for 36, but not as a buy it now and they usually sell for closer to 60 by the time the auction ends.

I would be offering them at a price less than CDC or ford as more of a convienence and to make a nice kit for those that dont have the pedals.
Old 10/1/06, 06:23 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Class j..Thanks for tackling this for us..I do agree it does need some tweeking though...I agree with Jasons take on it..
Old 10/1/06, 10:31 PM
Bullitt Member

No problem. As soon as I get a free moment I will look into a couple different ideas.

Then again, while some have negative opinions, alot of guys have claimed to like the way it looks.

With any product you really cannot please everyone so I am going to see what I can do with it.

Thanks for the feedback
Nick
Old 10/1/06, 10:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry but I don't like it. The black tread seems way to small and seems lost on the oversized pedal.
Old 10/3/06, 10:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Dead Pedal Info...

Just received an Email from Craig at AAC Parts (Aac4parts@aol.com). They are the supplier and manufacturer of the Ford and CDC pedal kits. They are also the seller on ebay for the kits that list at 36.00. (you can contact them directly to purchase the kits, w/o bidding up ebay price).

His company is working on the design and cost projections on the dead pedal, to match the 05+ pedal kit. He wrote that it is something that will be offerred, just no firm time frame yet. the following is Craig's response to my request for an update:

Paul,

We are going to make a dead pedal but final design is not completed. Stay in contact and as soon as design's are finalized we will provide a cost & timing for the part.

Sincerely,

Craig/AAC Parts

To anyone still wanting a pedal kit...contact him directly, mention this TMS posting (let him know about DP interest) and he will take care of you. His company makes many other kits and items as well.

Hope this is helpful to everyone!
Old 10/3/06, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the update, Paul. Looks like this is going to turn into another one of those "duh" moments for the aftermarket. The car's been out for over 2 years now and all of the sudden everyone wants to make a dead pedal even though we were begging for one before the car even came out. Same thing happened with the center fog light grille.
Old 10/3/06, 12:02 PM
GT Member

I agree with Stangnut. Your on the right path. Shrink it and round it out some, then place my order as well as many others. Thanks for the work.
Old 10/3/06, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I am surprised that AAC hasent done one already. I took it upon myself to make one for my car myself since no one had one available yet that matched.

I dont know why ford didnt put a black plastic pad there from the start.

Nothing new though, I did mine when I got the 2007 pedals back in the spring/early summer.
Old 10/3/06, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

When I get a chance I am going to sit in front of the PC and see what I can do.

Right now, the rubber inserts on the prototype are actually from the factory all rubber brake/clutch pedal.

But I would have to make a mold for them anyway if it went to production, so I guess I can make them larger for the final design. But right now they are actually are about the same length as the middle bar on the factory stainless pedals.