2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Colors For 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/07, 08:47 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rmays06
Higher recalls in 2006

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...a_recalls.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/19/s...-fall-in-2006/

Its time TOYOTA stops getting a free ride they aren't bullit proof!

@FLAstangx3, I still do not understand what you are saying. Where are you going with your words?
Compared to Ford's numbers, those numbers and that rate of reduction for the following year are pretty good. Even if Toyota isn't bulletproof, it seems its already taken steps to address the issue within the space of a year vs. Ford just talking about it for how long...?

Back to topic! I like Ford's grays and silver, but this is a little too much. Change up the other colors instead of the gray and silvers, and bring back Mineral Gray or (D)S Gray. The color I REALLY wanted to see on the Mustang was the "Tungsten" that was available on the Ford GT or the one on the GT-powered "Platinum Pony" - probably the same color.
Old 2/19/07, 09:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JunTech
So let me get this straight, there's going to be 2 light greys and one reeeaaaaly dark grey in 2008?

Silver Metallic
Vapor Silver
Alloy Metallic

Where's the middle ground?! I guess i'm really going to have to order that Tungsten tommorow.
I know silver is a very popular color (so, I'm probably going to get flamed for this comment), but how many different ways is Ford going package and market shiney primer? At lease Alloy and Mineral were darker and metalic variations.
Old 2/19/07, 05:34 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
We can argue all day about recalls and whatever, but none of your points will matter to the general car buying public.

Toyota's REPUTATION will trump that when it comes time to purchase one.

You may not like it, it may not be fair, it may not even be accurate, BUT that REPUTATION is out there.

They will get a free pass from the general car buying public because of it.

Companies such as Toyota and Honda worked hard to earn their REPUTATIONS, fact is they will benefit from that today and in the future, so they may stumble here and there, but the general car buying public doesn't know, and quite frankly doesn't care.

My response was SO WHAT if they have a year with increased recalls, they addressed it the following year. Besides, I know that by buying a Toyota or Honda, I am practically guaranteed better resale value.

Another way I look at the increase in recalls is that in the case of Toyota, chances are they are being pro-active in issuing a recall, where with a domestic manufacturer, they more likely to deny a problem exists than to issue a recall.

And it does not matter if I am right or wrong, that is the perception that is out there.
I totally agree. I've owned 2 hondas that have never given me a single problem. Nothing nitpicky, and nothing huge, no rattles, squeaks or leaks. Which is not to say Ford dosen't put cars out just as bulletproof. In fact, they do, but on average they have more cars with problems. And therein lies the problem. That is why a lot of Ford owners think the import reputation is Bullsh*t. I believe it is the lucky 30% or so Ford owners who get really solid cars and don't see how inconsistant the manufacturer puts other cars out.

And here's some real owners in real polls:

For the mustang...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=58821
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2513273/tm.htm

And I know it's not a honda or toyota but i don't hang around those forums
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=159865&page=2
Old 2/20/07, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
please tell me that grabber orange is a one year color!! Its rare as it is ..it would be GREAT if they didn't bring it back ..less of us on the road the better
Old 2/20/07, 06:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I always laugh at people who want their colour to be rare....

Go paint it some other colour 1of1
Old 2/20/07, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
my mom's fovorite is ( sky blue pink with purple polk a dots ) to each thier own. or what ever Grabs yah
Old 2/21/07, 05:11 PM
V6 Member

It's almost march, we should be seeing those colors soon right?
Old 2/22/07, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
I always laugh at people who want their colour to be rare....

Go paint it some other colour 1of1
It does make a difference in collectability if the car was a low production color. I know they only made a handful of Competition Orange Cobras in 04. If you're lucky enough to be one of these, you have a very rare Mustang indeed.....
Old 2/22/07, 05:07 PM
V6 Member

Grabber Blue & Vomit Gold

Grabber blue (not the Galpin) and Amber Gold (AKA Vomit) some may like it, spotted at a FORD R&D lot. Special thanks to

http://www.mustangblog.com/index.php...stang-spotted/
Attached Thumbnails New Colors For 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-2008_ambergoldmustang2.jpg   New Colors For 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-2008_grabberbluemustang2.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 2/22/07, 06:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Toyota isn't selling vehicles because of their color chart, it's their bullit-proof REPUTATION for reliability.

Period.
I'm sorry to jump off topic, but I only have 6 words for the above post: engine sludge and denials by 'Yota!!!

Now back on topic. That vapor silver chop reminded me of the color Light Tundra Ford had a few years ago on Focus and Taurus models. I'm with the fellow who wondered about having 3 versions of silver/grey, crazy . Some of Ford's color choices and selections amaze me too. Look at the Ford Edge. No blues and no greens available at all. But you can get 3 different colors of grey, Pewter, Carbon, and Lt Sage (there is NO green in this color, trust me, I have one in stock, its silver). Strange way they offer colors. If you ask me, all the colors Ford has for all their cars (including L/M) should be offered to every car line. If I wanted a Titanium Green Mustang, I can get one. Just my thought.
Old 2/22/07, 10:00 PM
V6 Member

Here's light tundra on my wife's 05 Focus. The LL in the background looks better to me. BTW, the T-Bird is 'Champaigne', a pinkish beige color.
Attached Thumbnails New Colors For 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-1055brookdaledr.jpg  
Old 2/23/07, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

All these silvers do seem a bit of an overkill, but IMO, Ford needs a better silver. There isn't enough luster in satin silver. It looks too flat IMO.
Old 2/23/07, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I'm sorry to jump off topic, but I only have 6 words for the above post: engine sludge and denials by 'Yota!!!
Lets survey the general car buying public about Toyota's REPUTATION.

Question #1. Have you heard of a thing called Toyota reliability?

Question #2. Have you heard of engine sludge and denials by Toyota?

Jeff, I never heard of it, doubt if most people have. Sounds like an issue with motor oil and poor maintenance to me. Doubt if I'll remember that when and if the time comes for me to purchase a Toyota. However, I do recall my friends 91 Tacoma?, he never changed the coolant ever, 110,000 miles, blew the head gasket. Toyota's response was a new engine to my complete amazement. Now that I do remember!

Nice car Jeff, Like the color, fogs and stripes
Old 2/24/07, 12:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grabber is the most limited produced for '07.. will only make up about 3% of the '07s made ...
Old 2/24/07, 07:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Lets survey the general car buying public about Toyota's REPUTATION.

Question #1. Have you heard of a thing called Toyota reliability?

Question #2. Have you heard of engine sludge and denials by Toyota?

Jeff, I never heard of it, doubt if most people have. Sounds like an issue with motor oil and poor maintenance to me. Doubt if I'll remember that when and if the time comes for me to purchase a Toyota. However, I do recall my friends 91 Tacoma?, he never changed the coolant ever, 110,000 miles, blew the head gasket. Toyota's response was a new engine to my complete amazement. Now that I do remember!

Nice car Jeff, Like the color, fogs and stripes
Hey Incoming, thanks for the compliment on my car. Its almost finished (though, are they ever really finished, lol). Just wanted to post a link for you about the Toyota Sludge problem. Its wide spread now, and reached class action status, and its all over the internet boards AND in papers. And it has NOTHING to do with customer maintinence, its a problem the engine has in its build. Link below:

Toyota engine sludge problem.
Old 2/24/07, 04:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Incoming, thanks for the compliment on my car. Its almost finished (though, are they ever really finished, lol). Just wanted to post a link for you about the Toyota Sludge problem. Its wide spread now, and reached class action status, and its all over the internet boards AND in papers. And it has NOTHING to do with customer maintinence, its a problem the engine has in its build. Link below:

Toyota engine sludge problem.
Interesting I am not an expert on engines and engine design by any means, but I would dispute that it has NOTHING to do with customer maintenance.

That said, I think it is a combination of factors. Now this is speculation on my part...I think that Toyota knows how to build engines. But in their quest for greater efficiency, (sometimes referred to as "the relentless pursuit of perfection", sorry couldn't resist.) I think they may have unintended consequences occuring as they push the envelope with smaller passages in engine design. And I can entertain the possibility of this leading to possible sludge issues.

However I can't help but wonder what effect the quality of motor oil, frequency of oil changes, and vehicle use play in this. I don't think they can be ruled out completely.

I don't know the answer. Is the solution more frequent maintenance? Do we need higher quality motor oils? Is this exclusive to Toyota? I know several Honda and Ford produced engines require 5W-20 due to tight tolerances. I'd be curious as to how differently engineered those engines are compared to those produced by Toyota.

Thanks for the link, I'll keep an eye on this.
Old 2/24/07, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Interesting I am not an expert on engines and engine design by any means, but I would dispute that it has NOTHING to do with customer maintenance.

That said, I think it is a combination of factors. Now this is speculation on my part...I think that Toyota knows how to build engines. But in their quest for greater efficiency, (sometimes referred to as "the relentless pursuit of perfection", sorry couldn't resist.) I think they may have unintended consequences occuring as they push the envelope with smaller passages in engine design. And I can entertain the possibility of this leading to possible sludge issues.

However I can't help but wonder what effect the quality of motor oil, frequency of oil changes, and vehicle use play in this. I don't think they can be ruled out completely.

I don't know the answer. Is the solution more frequent maintenance? Do we need higher quality motor oils? Is this exclusive to Toyota? I know several Honda and Ford produced engines require 5W-20 due to tight tolerances. I'd be curious as to how differently engineered those engines are compared to those produced by Toyota.

Thanks for the link, I'll keep an eye on this.
no offense RPG I am not taking shots at you directly but Toyota is no longer bullit proof! They have thier problems too but the media is still guarded about reporting the wrong they do. They are no longer perfect and the domestic product is catching up to them.
They have never had a good Pick or SUV product and they really aren't taking the world by storm with this new one!! Just my .02cents
Old 2/24/07, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rmays06
no offense RPG I am not taking shots at you directly but Toyota is no longer bullit proof! They have thier problems too but the media is still guarded about reporting the wrong they do. They are no longer perfect and the domestic product is catching up to them.
They have never had a good Pick or SUV product and they really aren't taking the world by storm with this new one!! Just my .02cents
No offense taken. Once upon a time, I would have never considered buying an "import". I never said they are bullit proof, but as I "capitalized" it is their REPUTATION. I couldn't be happier that the domestics are catching up. As consumers we both win.
Old 2/24/07, 07:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

The only way to describe it is like you have Tungsten, with a light green-gold tint to it, sort of a lighter Mineral grey. If it really is replacing Tungsten, then IMO, Ford is screwing up, its a color best left on camry's and accord's!!
Old 2/24/07, 10:19 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Vapor Silver anyone? http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...037#post852037

Quick Reply: New Colors For 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!