2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Colors For 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/07, 10:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attached is a guestimation of what the vapor silver might look like. I hope the owner of the car dosen't mind.
Attached Thumbnails New Colors For 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-vapor_silvertest.jpg  
Old 2/16/07, 11:03 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JunTech
Is silver metallic going to be darker than Tungsten? ****, i was really hoping Vapor was DARKER than Tungsten. Alloy is too dark for me, it's almost black.
No. Silver Metallic is very similiar to Satin Silver. It's been out for a few years. Previous discussions about the 2.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...2&postcount=25
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...5&postcount=35
Old 2/16/07, 11:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey that's not my car Looks pretty sharp !
Old 2/16/07, 11:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
No. Silver Metallic is very similiar to Satin Silver. It's been out for a few years. Previous discussions about the 2.
So let me get this straight, there's going to be 2 light greys and one reeeaaaaly dark grey in 2008?

Silver Metallic
Vapor Silver
Alloy Metallic

Where's the middle ground?! I guess i'm really going to have to order that Tungsten tommorow.
Old 2/16/07, 11:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JunTech
So let me get this straight, there's going to be 2 light greys and one reeeaaaaly dark grey in 2008?

Silver Metallic
Vapor Silver
Alloy Metallic

Where's the middle ground?! I guess i'm really going to have to order that Tungsten tommorow.
Ya I don't get it either!
Old 2/17/07, 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Easy answer. FORD see's the other manufacturer's (especially TOYOTA) with "Bland" colours. And they are selling. Sooooo, offer more of the same and flood the V-6 Mustang Market with them. It is obvious they are not as interested in the GT market. But rather than to just pump out generic one's to help. After all the Mustang is the ONLY model they have that IS selling. Look for your Rental Agency's to be loading up with them.
Old 2/17/07, 11:52 AM
V6 Member

Silver metalic should be the best silver shade. Since silver is a metal. What does the current silver look like, in terms of is it attractive or not?

Never mind, I se the post above it discussing that quetion.
What I want otsay is that there seems to be a school of thought that by getting a grey interior or exterior you have a more practical color that doesn't show the dirt. Hence, all the grey interiors.
In my opinion, they just look dirty always, and I don't care for grey. But, hey, that's just me.

I really mioss the old days of white vinyl interiors. Lots of contrast and easy to clean. I wish they'd bring it back.
Old 2/17/07, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Easy answer. FORD see's the other manufacturer's (especially TOYOTA) with "Bland" colours. And they are selling. Sooooo, offer more of the same and flood the V-6 Mustang Market with them. It is obvious they are not as interested in the GT market. But rather than to just pump out generic one's to help. After all the Mustang is the ONLY model they have that IS selling. Look for your Rental Agency's to be loading up with them.
Tungsten isn't a bland color and it is selling well (number 4) so why do away with it? The Fusion is doing well as is the Edge. I really don't understand your post!
Old 2/17/07, 07:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rmays06
Tungsten isn't a bland color and it is selling well (number 4) so why do away with it? The Fusion is doing well as is the Edge. I really don't understand your post!
I agree. My sister has a Fusion SE in Tungsten and it looks amazing. Defintaly not a bland color at all.
Old 2/17/07, 09:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Time out there Tungsten fans. My son has one too, and I had a Mineral Grey.

My point was they are not adding anything new. Just "shades" of what we already have. All I'm saying is look around you when your out there. Do you see a sharp Toyota colour anywhere, NO. But they are selling. FORD wants that market, or at least a shot at it. They don't have a comparable vehicle, so just give the folks that like them, their colours on the V-6 Mustang, and Fusion's, and flood the marketplace with them. Hey look, we are sort of a cult anyway with our GT's. We will exist through anything. FORD just wants more out there, thats all. Paint is cheaper than Product.
Old 2/17/07, 11:18 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Do you see a sharp Toyota colour anywhere, NO.
Off subject a little but:
JMO, but I think this is a very sharp Toyota color. I'm thinking about using this color for LeMans stripes on an 08 silver metallic GT.

Old 2/18/07, 12:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Time out there Tungsten fans. My son has one too, and I had a Mineral Grey.

My point was they are not adding anything new. Just "shades" of what we already have. All I'm saying is look around you when your out there. Do you see a sharp Toyota colour anywhere, NO. But they are selling. FORD wants that market, or at least a shot at it. They don't have a comparable vehicle, so just give the folks that like them, their colours on the V-6 Mustang, and Fusion's, and flood the marketplace with them. Hey look, we are sort of a cult anyway with our GT's. We will exist through anything. FORD just wants more out there, thats all. Paint is cheaper than Product.
What are you taking about? Don't V6 and GT's come in the same color scheme!!! I really don't see where your going, are you trying to seperate the models color? I DON"T GET IT!

That makes no sense at all and Brian that smells of pure gasoline.....Ron Burgundy
San Diego 6-9-1976
It smell like burnt Indian food!
Old 2/18/07, 06:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Off subject a little but:
JMO, but I think this is a very sharp Toyota color. I'm thinking about using this color for LeMans stripes on an 08 silver metallic GT.

Might be a sharp color, still an ugly truck......
Old 2/18/07, 08:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

What are you taking about? Don't V6 and GT's come in the same color scheme!!! I really don't see where your going, are you trying to seperate the models color? I DON"T GET IT!

Remember that statement, when the final production numbers are released next year. This is not a new tactic by Car Manufacturer's. If a fleet company (ie Hertz, Avis, National, each says they want 20,000 rental units, that blend in, they will build them. JMHO.
Old 2/18/07, 08:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Thunder Road
Might be a sharp color, still an ugly truck......

lol yea
Old 2/18/07, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Toyota isn't selling vehicles because of their color chart, it's their bullit-proof REPUTATION for reliability.

Period.
Old 2/18/07, 09:34 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

You guys are hurting my feelings on the truck

FWIW, for MY 2006

Tungsten V6s: 10563
Tungsten GTs: 9606
Old 2/18/07, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
Toyota isn't selling vehicles because of their color chart, it's their bullit-proof REPUTATION for reliability.

Period.
Higher recalls in 2006
Last year, Toyota's recalls in the U.S. more than doubled as the number of recalls industry-wide registered a slight decline.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...a_recalls.html

Toyota, for instance, finished 2006 with 814,507 recalls, far fewer than the over 2 million that were issued in 2005
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/19/s...-fall-in-2006/

Its time TOYOTA stops getting a free ride they aren't bullit proof!

@FLAstangx3, I still do not understand what you are saying. Where are you going with your words?
Old 2/19/07, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Higher recalls in 2006
Quote:
Last year, Toyota's recalls in the U.S. more than doubled as the number of recalls industry-wide registered a slight decline.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...a_recalls.html

Quote:
Toyota, for instance, finished 2006 with 814,507 recalls, far fewer than the over 2 million that were issued in 2005
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/19/s...-fall-in-2006/

Its time TOYOTA stops getting a free ride they aren't bullit proof!
So your point is that Toyota's recalls dropped more than 50% from 2005 to 2006? More good news from Toyota!
Old 2/19/07, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

So before everyone gets into a flame war and starts eating popcornlet me say that I have never owned a Toyota.

That said, Toyota has a REPUTATION for quality and reliabilty.

We can argue all day about recalls and whatever, but none of your points will matter to the general car buying public.

Toyota's REPUTATION will trump that when it comes time to purchase one.

You may not like it, it may not be fair, it may not even be accurate, BUT that REPUTATION is out there.

They will get a free pass from the general car buying public because of it.

Companies such as Toyota and Honda worked hard to earn their REPUTATIONS, fact is they will benefit from that today and in the future, so they may stumble here and there, but the general car buying public doesn't know, and quite frankly doesn't care.

My response was SO WHAT if they have a year with increased recalls, they addressed it the following year. Besides, I know that by buying a Toyota or Honda, I am practically guaranteed better resale value.

Another way I look at the increase in recalls is that in the case of Toyota, chances are they are being pro-active in issuing a recall, where with a domestic manufacturer, they more likely to deny a problem exists than to issue a recall.

And it does not matter if I am right or wrong, that is the perception that is out there.

Quick Reply: New Colors For 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!