2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New AQHO info.

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/05, 03:45 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Darth- from the certificate:

Payment of Incentive:
You may apply for the $500 Bonus Cash to the purchase or lease of an eligible new vehicle. Or, you may elect to receive the $500 Bonus Cash from Ford Motor Company, in which casse a check will be mailed directly from Ford Motor Company.

My advice, try and get the dealer to take it off the purchase price, that way you've already got it. At least if the dealer refused you still seem to have a second option.
Old 3/9/05, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my 05 this past Monday evening and the dealer did not deduct the $500. Now I have to wait for the check from FORD and it's at least partially my fault for not insisting on the deduction before I gave them my check. It was very late in the day and they had the pricing and paperwork soooo screwed up it was unbelievable - and had to redo the bill of sale 3 times before getting the base price correct. I had a terrible day at work and ran home (50 miles) late without bringing my folder with my own calculation so that contributed to my missing the deduction.

Moral of story - Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to properly review the bill of sale, don't forget your own paperwork, and INSIST on the dealer giving the rebate at point of sale.
Old 3/9/05, 04:23 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Drivetime@March 9, 2005, 5:25 PM
I bought my 05 this past Monday evening and the dealer did not deduct the $500. Now I have to wait for the check from FORD and it's at least partially my fault for not insisting on the deduction before I gave them my check. It was very late in the day and they had the pricing and paperwork soooo screwed up it was unbelievable - and had to redo the bill of sale 3 times before getting the base price correct. I had a terrible day at work and ran home (50 miles) late without bringing my folder with my own calculation so that contributed to my missing the deduction.

Moral of story - Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to properly review the bill of sale, don't forget your own paperwork, and INSIST on the dealer giving the rebate at point of sale.
You RAN home for 50 miiles? Jeesh, you'd think the dealership would've given you a ride. J/K
Seriously though, I plan on doing the same thing, but let me know how much of a hassle it is to get it direct from Ford and how long it takes. Good Luck, $500 will buy some nice mods...